Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, I'm mathematically eliminated from the playoffs in both my Fantasy leagues. Didn't expect any less in MMO-C league, but my other league is kinda shitty. I was doing well there, in 4th at 1 point, but I had some rough match ups lately. Last week for instance, I scored my highest point total of the year in that league, yet still lost by 4 points cause my opponent had Peyton Manning (amongst others). Still kinda shitty when I'm playing the worst guy in the league this week, and could have made it to the play offs with 2 wins, probably.

Other league has a kinda weird but also logical set up where they play till week 14, then have playoffs in 15&16, and don't play in 17. Kinda makes sense when there's going to be a lot of teams resting starters, possibly. I think I still prefer to play 15 weeks and contend with maybe some odd results in week 17 for the final playoff match.

Anyway, Vetali and me having a face-off to see who gets the win this week in MMO-C and is probably safe from last place ignominy. Going to be fun facing Peyton Manning (AGAIN!) to see if I can get a crucial win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Anyway, Vetali and me having a face-off to see who gets the win this week in MMO-C and is probably safe from last place ignominy. Going to be fun facing Peyton Manning (AGAIN!) to see if I can get a crucial win.
    I'm on #TeamTankforDraft

... if that existed...

and if I was trying for that...

Since I lost my top three players to injury for the year, I have lost 6 straight games and went from first to damn near last. This despite posting the third best points scored total for the season. I have the highest points against by 30. Not only did I get screwed by injuries, god damn everybody has their best week against me. Woohoo.

Another frustrating fantasy year for me. After starting 0-4 in my paid league, I totally rebuilt my team, and went 5-2 over the next several weeks only to tie two weeks ago and then get my ass kicked by the first place team last week and miss the playoffs. Damn fantasy football.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Damn fantasy football.
    I've come to the conclusion it's just as frustrating as the real thing, with about as much control over the results. I still like it though, cause there's absolute delight in seeing a guy on your team go off for 30+ points on an unsuspecting opponent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I've come to the conclusion it's just as frustrating as the real thing, with about as much control over the results. I still like it though, cause there's absolute delight in seeing a guy on your team go off for 30+ points on an unsuspecting opponent.
    exactly, all the crappy things that happen were worth it for the one time Vick destroyed my cousin's team on MNF

I had a streak a few years ago where I made the Super Bowl three years in a row and won it twice. My favorite team was the first one. I only lost two games all year and curb stomped people. That year was especially nice because I got to kick the shit out of some dude in my circle of friends that I couldn't stand and just talked so much crap before the game. Moments like that are friggin gleeful. It's definitely more fun when you can watch the games with the people you are in a league with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Santa,
    Please let Josh Gordon get 200 yards 3 games in a row.

Thanks,
    Draynay

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, Jamal Charles gets benched early. I wanted to see 30 points from him.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Dear Santa,
    Please let Josh Gordon get 200 yards 3 games in a row.

Thanks,
    Draynay

Is 150 yards and a TD sufficient?

I'm lucky enough to have Gordon on all 3 of my fantasy teams.. He's been a god send.

Edit: 185 yards if you count the rushing yards... /notbadmeme
    Last edited by Alae; 2013-12-08 at 10:46 PM.

Ugly loss for me. I have to hope for some luck to shake out to make the playoffs now, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Ugly loss for me. I have to hope for some luck to shake out to make the playoffs now, I think.
    Yah. Mccoy had a huge game. I think he scored nearly half of your entire score. Bunny Slippers in the MMO League 2 is gonna have a close one.

I do have a question about our league though. When do the playoffs start? The last 2 week or next week ending in week 16?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    Yah. Mccoy had a huge game. I think he scored nearly half of your entire score. Bunny Slippers in the MMO League 2 is gonna have a close one.

I do have a question about our league though. When do the playoffs start? The last 2 week or next week ending in week 16?
    I have it set to last two weeks for league 1, and I think league 2 is the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alae View Post

Is 150 yards and a TD sufficient?

I'm lucky enough to have Gordon on all 3 of my fantasy teams.. He's been a god send.

Edit: 185 yards if you count the rushing yards... /notbadmeme
    I guess it will have to be enough... sigh, not even 200, time to bench him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck. My team didn't actually do that bad, minus Lafell. Well, and NEGATIVE ONE POINTS from the Bengals defense. I didn't even know that was possible. Jason Witten ain't getting 23 points tomorrow. Dray has Adrian Peterson, he gets hurt, and he still dominates. I officially give up for the third time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I have it set to last two weeks for league 1, and I think league 2 is the same.
    Yes. I made the change to bring it in line with League 1 a week ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, the MMO-C weekly pick 'em is getting amazingly close, with Spectral getting an almost perfect score this week. Good stuff for the coming weeks! Especially week 17 with lots of teams taking games off might become very damn interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Well damn. My team waits till the second to last week, when nothing I do really matters any more, to show what it's capable of, completely shattering anything they've done before by scoring over 120 points this week. It's fun to see, but damn I wish they'd done this earlier in the season when I could have still made an attempt to reach the playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can thank KC's special teams for that. And, somehow, 153 RECEIVING yards from Shane Vereen.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-12-10 at 03:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You can thank KC's special teams for that. And, somehow, 153 RECEIVING yards from Shane Vereen.
    Well, I can thank pretty much everybody except my kicker and my TE, the rest everybody went over 13 points. 130 total for the week, never thought I'd see it happen with this team.

I was going to apologize to Vetali for being the only guy in the league he didn't outscore this week, but apparently Celdiseth started McCown and Forte, and went over 140 points with them for the week, so yeah, I'm not even the biggest scorer this week, despite all this.

EDIT: Also, Vereen was always a pass catcher. From preseason he was allready talked about being the guy that would stand in for Hernandez. He only runs on draws or specific plays, and even then mostly when Brady changes the call on the line of scrimmage.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-12-10 at 06:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    153 yards receiving is still a pretty ridiculous amount, its more than Gordon had!

Hooray clinched a playoff spot.
    Last edited by draynay; 2013-12-10 at 09:41 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    3 out of 4 spots are set in league 1, and it might honestly be 4 of 4. Pendulous can tie Spectral for the last spot if he wins and Spectral loses, and the first tiebreaker as we know is head-to-head, which they split. If the second tiebreaker uses point differential in those head-to-head matchups then Spectral has already clinched as well, since he won his game vs. Pendulous by a lot more than the game he lost to him.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-12-10 at 07:30 PM.