Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If we're going to be drafting on September 1 (I didn't notice that until now), I'm going to have to bail out. I've just got too much travel that day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazshax View Post
    I'll take the slot. Thanks in advance!
    Sorry I'm unable to PM you, you're under 10 posts. I warned people in advance that you should probably get your post count up. I need to get things going because I want to make sure the draft date is the best it can be, and I must use the PM system to achieve that. Get your post count up, and if somebody has to bail you'll be next in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    Lost by a minute.
    Roster slot goes to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    If we're going to be drafting on September 1 (I didn't notice that until now), I'm going to have to bail out. I've just got too much travel that day.
    Go ahead and sign up to the PM still. We'll figure out the draft. Don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Sorry I'm unable to PM you, you're under 10 posts. I warned people in advance that you should probably get your post count up. I need to get things going because I want to make sure the draft date is the best it can be, and I must use the PM system to achieve that. Get your post count up, and if somebody has to bail you'll be next in line.

Roster slot goes to you.

Go ahead and sign up to the PM still. We'll figure out the draft. Don't worry.

Wow. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god a team name. This will be hard. How soon do you need the team name, Vetali?

Damn didn't get in. Well thanks anyways

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Oh god a team name. This will be hard. How soon do you need the team name, Vetali?
    It was easier for me than I thought. Vet, if your name is the one I'm assuming is, then that means you don't exist and therefore automatically lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not terribly urgent, just lets me know everybody has signed up on the team page.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It was easier for me than I thought. Vet, if your name is the one I'm assuming is, then that means you don't exist and therefore automatically lose.
    LOL yes.

I almost picked "Its on like Ndamukong" but decided "Manti Te'o's Tulpa" was funnier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost picked "Its on like Ndamukong" but decided "Manti Te'o's Tulpa" was funnier.
    It's weird for me to pick a name from a game I'm so bipolar love/hate about, but I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the coach of the Practice Squad All-Stars, ready to fight for our last place standing.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, btw noticed that the draft time we have for our choices is set on 120 seconds. Is that what we are going with? Cause I feel terribly rushed with my choices in mocks, wouldn't mind a bit more time. I've never done a real one, but seems like the mock drafts are always done in like 20 minutes or so. I'm thinking we can spend a bit more time then that on our draft. (not saying it should last hours, but we have time for more then 2 minutes per choice, surely)

Oh man, I lurk rather than post on MMO champ so much that I didn't even know that PMs weren't possible at low post count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What Vet said, and if you miss it, it just automates your choices. It's not ideal for you, but it ensures you still get to play. There's probably no way to accommodate everyone.

You get one of the open roster slots.

Now, I've done some thinking. I have one more roster slot and a few low posters that signed up. So in order to ensure I have somewhat active people in the fantasy league, The first person to post after this saying they want that slot after this gets it.

Sucks, but I want to ensure nobody drops off.

What I can do, is if there is interest is hold a sign up for a 2nd fantasy team. I however will not run that one. If people from my league want to have a second one and play the other one thats fine.

So if anybody wants to run a second one let me know, and I'll set up sign ups for that one.
    Wow... Gotta love this first come first serve thing, especially when it doesnt apply lol...
    Apparently post count means everything on forums, which is part of why I never registered in the first place. Apparently I should have been a) spam posting to get my numbers up and b) not sleeping cause I need to monitor the thread like the hawk and wait for a post at 6:30am to get the one spot that was generously left.

I get that you're worried about people bailing mid season, but still very dissapointing and frustrating. And the way your system works I wont get a shot next year either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alae View Post
    Wow... Gotta love this first come first serve thing, especially when it doesnt apply lol...
    Apparently post count means everything on forums, which is part of why I never registered in the first place. Apparently I should have been a) spam posting to get my numbers up and b) not sleeping cause I need to monitor the thread like the hawk and wait for a post at 6:30am to get the one spot that was generously left.

I get that you're worried about people bailing mid season, but still very dissapointing and frustrating. And the way your system works I wont get a shot next year either.
    Yeah, I had been thinking I was lucky that this is my last week of vacation so that I was able to check at 2:30 in the afternoon. I just wasn't lucky enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spectral, or anybody that might get the short end of the stick when it comes to draft day presence, this line from teh welcome e-mail might be something to think of, if you have time to set it up:
    We also suggest that you personalize player rankings in case you can't make it to the draft.
    You can set your own rankings meaning you can influence pretty well who'll get picked for you if you can't make it.

Still, I'm hoping we can find a middle ground somewhere that everybody can attend in person.

Oh man, I lurk rather than post on MMO champ so much that I didn't even know that PMs weren't possible at low post count.
    Welcome to the internet. I signed up specifically just for this thread :P

Yeah, I had been thinking I was lucky that this is my last week of vacation so that I was able to check at 2:30 in the afternoon. I just wasn't lucky enough.
    Harsh that you actually did do everything asked, and still missed out due to the way the PM system is setup.

And since Vetali has seemed to cut us loose without a care, I'm more than happy to run/setup a league if you have 6 other friends, or anyone who didn't get a slot from the thread wishes to participate.

I'm more than happy to run/setup a league if you have 6 other friends, or anyone who didn't get a slot from the thread wishes to participate.
    I only have one friend that participates in fantasy football, and right now I'm on standby to get into his league if one of the regulars drops out. But it does seem as if there are enough people interested in this thread to start a second league.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the coach of the Practice Squad All-Stars, ready to fight for our last place standing.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, btw noticed that the draft time we have for our choices is set on 120 seconds. Is that what we are going with? Cause I feel terribly rushed with my choices in mocks, wouldn't mind a bit more time. I've never done a real one, but seems like the mock drafts are always done in like 20 minutes or so. I'm thinking we can spend a bit more time then that on our draft. (not saying it should last hours, but we have time for more then 2 minutes per choice, surely)
    We did 120 last year. It seemed ok.

I don't make the PM rule. If you read the OP before sign ups ended, you knew I could flex unlocked spots. Either way I'm not going to get a lawyer to write up a fantasy thread to make sure there aren't any loop holes. I wanted as many active people in the NFL thread as possible, and I'm more than sure some of those members will be disappointed they didn't get a spot because they weren't on in time. I almost made it a requirement that you had to be active in the NFL thread but decided that would be a bad idea.

- - - Updated - - -

I only have one friend that participates in fantasy football, and right now I'm on standby to get into his league if one of the regulars drops out. But it does seem as if there are enough people interested in this thread to start a second league.
    This, I already said I'd arrange sign ups for a 2nd league.

I'm more than happy to run/setup a league if you have 6 other friends, or anyone who didn't get a slot from the thread wishes to participate.
    Count me in for that one. I have been trying to find a new competitive league since the one I normally join could not field enough teams.

Well, if you look at the starting posts, it has essentially finalized as a first come, first serve philosophy. There weren't a lot of open slots to begin with as many were reserved (rightfully) for players from last year.

As far as post count goes, I even asked about that. And it was answered that you needed a certain amount of posts to get the PM.

As for Mazshax, I feel for ya but when our posts were so close and i happened to be over the 10 count (because I asked), can you really blame the selection?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you guys chat in this thread and teh normal NFL thread a few posts more then your post count problems will be a thing of the past as well. There's never a need to spam it up on these forums, there's a TON of threads I'm sure you could leave a post in that contributes. You only need 10 total to get all the normal posting priviledges, so it's easy.