Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I started a MMO-Champion Pick em group on NFL.com. No password, feel free to join:
    http://weeklypickem.fantasy.nfl.com/group/3816
    Entered, should be fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alae View Post
    Sorry for the lack of updates, been busy as all hell with work and trying to get another league im in co-ordinated.

That draft date and time is just a place holder, as posted previously I posted my availability and it looks like whatever time the draft happens I'll be running with an auto picked team, unless I manage to get a shift swap...

Right now based on the survey votes I've recieved.. the actually draft will probably happen on Monday or Tuesday. Obviously it wont conflict with League 1 as we have 2 members from that participating. I dont know what prefered time you guys will all like though? 9pm EST?
    I don't have a problem if they are both at the same time. I am going to try and join a Yahoo league drafting at the same time as league 1 so I don't forget to show up lol.

I am another who is in both leagues and wouldnt mind if they are at the same time.

So, update on my end - I'm thinking it might be best for me to pull out. The way things are lining up for me, I'm going to be unavailable for essentially the totality of Tuesday and Wednesday. Monday's theoretically possible, but I don't think it's a good plan to count on me. Sorry for wasting a slot in the interim, but I think it might be best to just gimme the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alae View Post
    Sorry for the lack of updates, been busy as all hell with work and trying to get another league im in co-ordinated.

That draft date and time is just a place holder, as posted previously I posted my availability and it looks like whatever time the draft happens I'll be running with an auto picked team, unless I manage to get a shift swap...

Right now based on the survey votes I've recieved.. the actually draft will probably happen on Monday or Tuesday. Obviously it wont conflict with League 1 as we have 2 members from that participating. I dont know what prefered time you guys will all like though? 9pm EST?
    Either of those days should work for me at that time. Also, Saturday night or any time Sunday are both good.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if that is when it is supposed to be or not, but right now it is set to August 31st at 9pm.

I started a MMO-Champion Pick em group on NFL.com. No password, feel free to join:
    http://weeklypickem.fantasy.nfl.com/group/3816
    I joined. I'm guderian21 on nfl.com.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the worst ever at pick 'em so it should be amusing

15+ Year Old Account
    Here is a Perfect Challenge group too if anyone is interested.

NFL Perfect Challenge-Set a lineup each week based on who you think will score the most points. If you set a perfect lineup, you are entered to win $1 million.
    http://perfectchallenge.fantasy.nfl.com/group/2508

I didn't see survival football on NFL.com so I didn't set up that group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    So, update on my end - I'm thinking it might be best for me to pull out. The way things are lining up for me, I'm going to be unavailable for essentially the totality of Tuesday and Wednesday. Monday's theoretically possible, but I don't think it's a good plan to count on me. Sorry for wasting a slot in the interim, but I think it might be best to just gimme the boot.
    Well, here is what I'll do. I'll likely be announcing the draft time tonight after I'm done raiding. I can see if anybody wants to join, but leave yourself on the league so if nobody takes that spot you can auto draft yourself instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Well, here is what I'll do. I'll likely be announcing the draft time tonight after I'm done raiding. I can see if anybody wants to join, but leave yourself on the league so if nobody takes that spot you can auto draft yourself instead.
    Sounds like a plan. Once we have a finalized time, I'll say for sure whether I can squeeze it in; if not, I'll go through pretty thoroughly with the autodraft.

My other draft is Tuesday at 9 PM so I can't do it then.

Make League 2 Draft on Monday or before 8 PM :OOO. I want to use it as practice lol.

I'm so excited for my guild's fantasy league this year, I actually got a solid draft for once! Last year I was stuck with Jay Cutler until someone dropped Roethelisberger in week 9

Let me know who you guys think I should be willing to part with for the right trade:

QB: Tom Brady
    RB1: Montee Ball
    RB2: Eddie Lacy (so excited!)
    WR1: Jordy Nelson
    WR2: Calvin Johnson (!!!)
    TE: Kyle Rudolph
    W/R: James Jones
    W/T: Greg Jennings
    K: Blair Walsh
    DEF1: Arizona Cardinals
    DEF2: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I am a Packers fanboy, but the amount of Packers and former Packers players I have is purely coincidental. I am really excited I got Eddie Lacy though, I am so excited to watch him this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so I said I'd have my schedule for next week, but I don't. Why? because we don't have a store manager, and our regional manager, who writes our schedule, is an idiot. he didn't schedule a dishwasher AT ALL for Sunday, so he had to rework it. We've had to change the schedule twice so far because the other dishwasher (yeah, we only have two, skeleton crew because they kiss the asses of the servers and forgets that there even IS a kitchen) can't work on Thursdays and he keeps scheduling him for Thursday. Well, this week, I have to wait until Saturday to talk to the other dishwasher to see what day he wants switched. I'm 95% sure I'll be off Monday, but that's seriously it as far as my schedule goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Monday is good for me. We finished our raids for the week tonight.

Throwing a time out there, feel free to yell at me if you can't make it. 6PM EST on Monday the 2nd for League 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    My other draft is Tuesday at 9 PM so I can't do it then.

Make League 2 Draft on Monday or before 8 PM :OOO. I want to use it as practice lol.
    Well your wish is granted as I believe League 2 is currently set for Monday at 9pm EST

- - - Updated - - -

I actually set it a day or two ago but I forgot to post.
    Last edited by Alae; 2013-08-30 at 07:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Monday is good for me. We finished our raids for the week tonight.

Throwing a time out there, feel free to yell at me if you can't make it. 6PM EST on Monday the 2nd for League 1.
    Perfect for me. Means it's around midnight my time, which is way earlier then I expected this to be. Going to start on my draft excel sheet then, gotta be ready!

KUKUKUKUKUKU yes this practice will be great. I've been reading Bleacherreport and I'm gonna check some other resources, as well as what conscript said. I'll do some mock drafts and I'll become super powerful! Despite not really knowing who these guys are at all LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

*munches on popcorn and speaks obnoxiously*

So. I was reading this thing that said you should always get your hook. Which means if you take the best RB on a team, you should take the backup too.

I'm gonna need to know which RBs are backups lol.

Yeah, I'll have to prioritize and autodraft if no one is interested in taking that spot. I'll be at talks around that time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    KUKUKUKUKUKU yes this practice will be great. I've been reading Bleacherreport and I'm gonna check some other resources, as well as what conscript said. I'll do some mock drafts and I'll become super powerful! Despite not really knowing who these guys are at all LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

*munches on popcorn and speaks obnoxiously*

So. I was reading this thing that said you should always get your hook. Which means if you take the best RB on a team, you should take the backup too.

I'm gonna need to know which RBs are backups lol.
    That doesn't necessarily apply to every RB. You want to especially focus on that in systems where there will be split carries, guys have shaky grasps on the starting position, or there is injury questions. If you have one of these RB1s, it is real important to try and handcuff their backup to them or at least have a viable option on your team to replace them:
    Team: Starter-Backup
    Oakland: Darren McFadden-Rashad Jennings (McFadden has never played more than 13 games)
    Cinncy: BenJarvus Green Ellis-Giovanni Benard (whoever ends up the starter/backup, you want both)
    San Diego: Ryan Matthews-Ronnie Brown
    Kansas City: Jamaal Charles-Kirle Davis
    Denver-Montee Ball-Ronnie Hillman-Knowshown Moreno (I don't know how their depth chart is shaking out)
    Houston: Arian Foster-Ben Tate
    Buffalo: CJ Spiller-Fred Jackson
    New England: Steven Ridley-Shane Vereen
    Indy: Amhad Bradshw-Vick Ballard or Donald Brown (I don't know who the backup is)
    Dallas: DeMarco Murray-Joesph Randle
    Philly: Shady McCoy-Bryce Brown
    Giants: Dave Wilson-Andre Brown
    Detroit: Reggie Bush-Joique Bell
    Arizona: Rashard Mendenhall-Ryan Williams
    St Louis: Daryl Richardson-Isaiah Pead
    Seattle: Marshawn Lynch-Robert Turbin

That is the bulk of the list of guys you might want to try and handcuff if possible.
    Additional fantasy tips:
    -Do not draft any New York Jets. None of their position players are worth it at all. Their entire WRs fantasy projections are just slightly above Calvin Johnson alone.
    -Do not draft Darren McFadden. He always ends up hurt or underperforms massively. Always. Terrell Pryor will probably end up with more rushing yards than him this year.
    -Don't get drunk on drafting a big name QB or defense. You can easily get by with a solid mid-round QB (Tony Romo or Matt Ryan) while taking a huge upgrade at RB then you would have got later. Defenses are unpredictable and you can always stream defenses based on matchups.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't necessarily apply to every RB. You want to especially focus on that in systems where there will be split carries, guys have shaky grasps on the starting position, or there is injury questions. If you have one of these RB1s, it is real important to try and handcuff their backup to them or at least have a viable option on your team to replace them:
    Team: Starter-Backup
    Oakland: Darren McFadden-Rashad Jennings (McFadden has never played more than 13 games)
    Cinncy: BenJarvus Green Ellis-Giovanni Benard (whoever ends up the starter/backup, you want both)
    San Diego: Ryan Matthews-Ronnie Brown
    Kansas City: Jamaal Charles-Kirle Davis
    Denver-Montee Ball-Ronnie Hillman-Knowshown Moreno (I don't know how their depth chart is shaking out)
    Houston: Arian Foster-Ben Tate
    Buffalo: CJ Spiller-Fred Jackson
    New England: Steven Ridley-Shane Vereen
    Indy: Amhad Bradshw-Vick Ballard or Donald Brown (I don't know who the backup is)
    Dallas: DeMarco Murray-Joesph Randle
    Philly: Shady McCoy-Bryce Brown
    Giants: Dave Wilson-Andre Brown
    Detroit: Reggie Bush-Joique Bell
    Arizona: Rashard Mendenhall-Ryan Williams
    St Louis: Daryl Richardson-Isaiah Pead
    Seattle: Marshawn Lynch-Robert Turbin

That is the bulk of the list of guys you might want to try and handcuff if possible.
    Additional fantasy tips:
    -Do not draft any New York Jets. None of their position players are worth it at all. Their entire WRs fantasy projections are just slightly above Calvin Johnson alone.
    -Do not draft Darren McFadden. He always ends up hurt or underperforms massively. Always. Terrell Pryor will probably end up with more rushing yards than him this year.
    -Don't get drunk on drafting a big name QB or defense. You can easily get by with a solid mid-round QB (Tony Romo or Matt Ryan) while taking a huge upgrade at RB then you would have got later. Defenses are unpredictable and you can always stream defenses based on matchups.
    Andre Brown is out 4-6 weeks with a broken leg, I'd not draft him, even as a late round handcuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Andre Brown is out 4-6 weeks with a broken leg, I'd not draft him, even as a late round handcuff.
    Good call, didn't know he was injured.