Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's unfortunate that NFL.com projections are so broken. A casual player might see Gio Bernard's 0 point projection and think he's injured. Projections aren't that important, but they are still nice to see, so I use ESPN. For instance, James Starks is projected for 13 points this week. The number is meaningless, but the fact that he has a double digit number tells me that as of right now ESPN doesn't think Eddie Lacy is going to play, making Starks a good play.

- - - Updated - - -

I found another good one. NFL.com has projected that 16 Defenses will score more points than the Seahawks this week. They are at home against the Jags in case you didn't know. They project the Ravens D/ST playing against Houston will score 15 points, to Seattle's 7. They have projected that Jacksonville will score 23 points this week and the Seahawks will only force 1 turnover, leading to their low point projection. YEAH CAN I TAKE THE UNDER ON 23 POINTS FOR JACKSONVILLE PLEASE? We should make this a game every week, find the most outlandish fantasy projection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit sticks, these projections...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those are his stats for the year. Though I wouldn't put it past them to project 750 yards and 9 TDs for a game. BTW I love how coordinated your bench is. You need to pick up Gio Bernard and Mohammed Sanu now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I found another good one. NFL.com has projected that 16 Defenses will score more points than the Seahawks this week. They are at home against the Jags in case you didn't know. They project the Ravens D/ST playing against Houston will score 15 points, to Seattle's 7. They have projected that Jacksonville will score 23 points this week and the Seahawks will only force 1 turnover, leading to their low point projection. YEAH CAN I TAKE THE UNDER ON 23 POINTS FOR JACKSONVILLE PLEASE? We should make this a game every week, find the most outlandish fantasy projection.
    Ya that one takes the cake. Just wow. Matt Cassel is projected to score 13.22 points for the Vikes which won't happen unless they dropped Ponder to backup today. Poor Josh Freeman is getting only 3.32 points, lowest mark for a projected starter. Even worse, Tony Romo is only getting 7 points, less than Weeden.

Fun fact, the Jags QBs have produced more points than Josh Freeman. How is that even possible?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's because of Chad Henne. Blaine Gabbert makes Henne look like Aaron Rodgers. I was so bummed when I found out he wasn't going to be playing week 2. I picked up and started the Raiders D in 3 of my 4 leagues, I was that confident in their shittyness. Unfortunately, Henne started and it wasn't as shitty as it was with Gabbert, but still decent. But they are determined to keep starting Gabbert, so we need him to heal quickly, because once Blackmon is back from suspension, he, Cecil Shorts, and Henne might produce a somewhat respectable passing offense, and we can't have that.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-09-17 at 07:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Those are his stats for the year. Though I wouldn't put it past them to project 750 yards and 9 TDs for a game. BTW I love how coordinated your bench is. You need to pick up Gio Bernard and Mohammed Sanu now.
    Thanks, was going to say that is like the second coming if those are his projections. Against Oakland I wasn't sure... the actual projections are more conservative than I thought.

Yes the bench I'm keeping is from the same team, but they're all good solid backups for bye weeks.

UH OH.

My league has 8/10 teams advancing to the playoffs weeks 14, 15, and 16. That blows for someone strong like me. I wanted only the top 4 to go.

Now I have like no incentive to do well for the regular season. Any idiot can make it to the playoffs now.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't this guy know I have to be within the top 2 to make a profit in this thing? Out of rewards for only 1rst, 2nd, and 3rd..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Doesn't this guy know I have to be within the top 2 to make a profit in this thing? Out of rewards for only 1rst, 2nd, and 3rd..
    If you are doing it for the profits, there's 1) probably better things you could have done with your money 2)probably not going to be a lot of fun in what SHOULD be a fun game

If you're in this for the profit, you are doing it wrong. Winning money is just a token, it's the bragging rights, man, that's what counts.

Winning money is bragging rights. I have to be #1. I have to be a dick about winning too. (I'm such a bad person LOL.)

Anyway, it's the amount the money represents that means more than anything. It was a $50 buy in times 10 people.

Spots 4-10 = omg you're so bad do you even know what football is? Go watch some soccer f*g. You're not invited to my superbowl party.
    3rd place = $50 = you broke even (AKA you're a fucking loser, just not as bad as 4-10)
    2nd place = $100 = a little profit (AKA you lost to the number one, you're such a baddie)
    1rst place = $350 = you did 3.5x better than #2 and 7x better than #3. Omg this guy knows football. You're so great, I'm looking out for you next year!

Anyway, it is pretty fun. Especially with you guys. Hope you know I consider you guys my co-managers lol. My Dad is in the league and he called me asking for advice on who to pick up for his team and I was like ......Idk I'll have to ask my friends (that's you guys).

- - - Updated - - -

Completely relevant image:

Seriously though. If you're not first, you lost. At least in fantasy football lol.

So... if Ray Rice plays this week, do I

A) Use Bernard Pierce
    or
    B) Use Stevan Ridley.

Stevan has been super unimpressive lately, and TB's been very good against the run this year, obviously if Rice is out I'm starting Pierce. My other two starters are Gore and Sproles, and that isn't going to change despite Gore playing extremely poorly.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Start Ridley, Gore and Sproles if Rice is out this week. I don't see Pierce doing good against the Texan's D. Ridley will probably get some touches unless he fumbles or something. Sproles will also get some touches I feel like. Gore vs indy will probably be a good choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Trent Richardson, who I drafted in the first round of the Draft, is now suddenly on the Colts. Anybody any input on what this means for my team? I can see getting thrown to by Andrew Luck instead of Weeden being a good thing, and actually having a passing game so the running lanes open is good too, but there's also the rather big problem of Ahmad Bradshaw being on this team and possibly taking carries?

So, what do you guys think, a positive or a negative in Fantasy perspective for me?

I'd expect it to be a huge boost for Richardson. His yards per carry should jump so much and he should get so many more red zone touches that a little bit of platooning is no big deal by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'd expect it to be a huge boost for Richardson. His yards per carry should jump so much and he should get so many more red zone touches that a little bit of platooning is no big deal by comparison.
    Bradshaw is going to be their goal-line back, so unless Richardson is breaking long runs off, this isn't going to be an increase in scoring opportunities, but the Colts are a better team with a better passing game, so he should get at least as many rushing yards as he was getting for the browns, if not more.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Bradshaw is going to be their goal-line back, so unless Richardson is breaking long runs off, this isn't going to be an increase in scoring opportunities, but the Colts are a better team with a better passing game, so he should get at least as many rushing yards as he was getting for the browns, if not more.
    Bradshaw will absolutely not be the goal line back. He sucks in short yardage situations. I watched him fail to gain one yard in key spots for many years as a Giants fan. He's also just about washed up. There will be a platoon for a week or two until Richardson adjusts to the new scheme, then expect T-Rich to take almost all of the carries.

Wow...... I'm getting absolutely gutted in Fantasy, and in real football... Your killing me Eagles... Killing me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alae View Post
    Wow...... I'm getting absolutely gutted in Fantasy, and in real football... Your killing me Eagles... Killing me!
    Yeah, I saw this coming beforehand if I were to choose players from my own team too much, so I refrained. Got Shane Vereen and that's it. Do NOT want to know how bad I would be feeling after that disgraceful game against the Jets if I had Brady or Ridley or any of the others on my Fantasy roster as well.

Funny story though, I had Dwayne Bowe as my active flex guy in my second league, but then I got offered a trade for him to swap him for Roddy White + some kicker. Took it and turned around and put Marlon Brown in his place on my active list cause I wasn't sure if the trade happened during the active week AFTER he played if he'd still count for my result or if I'd lose his points or if the trade would even happen then or whatever. And then the magnificent bastard gets like 1 point while he's not active for me. I don't care what happens to the trade now, it allready made my fantasy result better this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow Jamaal Charles had a beast game.

Still 0 idea what to do with the starters yet. Everything is mid grade to me honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah, I saw this coming beforehand if I were to choose players from my own team too much, so I refrained. Got Shane Vereen and that's it. Do NOT want to know how bad I would be feeling after that disgraceful game against the Jets if I had Brady or Ridley or any of the others on my Fantasy roster as well.

Funny story though, I had Dwayne Bowe as my active flex guy in my second league, but then I got offered a trade for him to swap him for Roddy White + some kicker. Took it and turned around and put Marlon Brown in his place on my active list cause I wasn't sure if the trade happened during the active week AFTER he played if he'd still count for my result or if I'd lose his points or if the trade would even happen then or whatever. And then the magnificent bastard gets like 1 point while he's not active for me. I don't care what happens to the trade now, it allready made my fantasy result better this week.
    Nice for you... he started for me in 2 of my 3 leagues... Guess I can chalk another couple of losses up.
    I didnt think he was actually playing until I saw the play he got 4 recieving yards.. How can someone not get any stats for 99% of the game? Invisibility potion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Wow Jamaal Charles had a beast game.

Still 0 idea what to do with the starters yet. Everything is mid grade to me honestly.
    Don't worry. He's the only thing going for me. 23 points is great, but it won't make much a difference.