Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, I'd be a lot more irritated with myself if there's anything at all I could have done. Oh well. Cheers and good luck in the championship!

So most my guys ended up playing but they all had I think the worst week of the season. GL in championship Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Brogrom View Post
    Great timing on half my team being probable or questionable for this weeks game. Looks like this might be an easy win for you Blue
    So most my guys ended up playing but they all had I think the worst week of the season. GL in championship Blue.
    Jajaja I don't think you can come back at this point, so yeah. Sorry about that, GG.

Moving on, KUKUKUKUKUKU. Will Marshall or Seth meet Summertime Sadness in the Finals, then?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last two meaningless TDs by Patriots most probably just won my game vs. Draynay. The last one especially the dude had no reason not to just go down and then take a knee to end the game. I'll take it though.

Looks like I'm facing Celd in MMO2 Finals.

Damn Cel, neither one of us showed up. Despite my team's horrible day, I might have had this with a couple better choices. Ah well, there's always next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, check that, Marshall and McCoy rolling up the stats now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Damn Cel, neither one of us showed up. Despite my team's horrible day, I might have had this with a couple better choices. Ah well, there's always next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, check that, Marshall and McCoy rolling up the stats now.
    Ill take it. Lol

Looks like I pulled a win in both leagues today. On to the 'ship next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    Ill take it. Lol

Looks like I pulled a win in both leagues today. On to the 'ship next week.
    You think you can defeat the almighty Summertime Sadness?! Who do you think you are?

(I know I talk a lot of shit now but it's all in good fun. In fact I think there's a 60% chance Celd will beat me next week, his team is stacked lol.)

- - - Updated - - -

Who's playing Seth in MMO1? I can't see. :/

I just need Vernon Davis to score about 8 TD's. Sure it can happen

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

Who's playing Seth in MMO1? I can't see. :/
    He's playing me unless Vernon Davis scores over 20.16 points

I just need Vernon Davis to score about 8 TD's. Sure it can happen
    Ya sorry I might have been a bit premature. Brogram can still overcome this 85 point deficit with Vernon Davis tomorrow.

Don't worry Brogrom, I'll try to beat Celd so you can say you lost to the man who won it all.

Btw Vernon Davis scored 38 on me in one half one game. I was crying. I was like "THIS GUY IS GONNA SINGLE HANDEDLY BEAT MY WHOLE TEAM" so lol it's not impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I beat Conscript in 1 of the Consolation brackets, so I'm up for 5th or 6th place at the worst in MMO-C 1. That is AWESOME when you look at how badly my team was doing at some points during the season (lost first 3 weeks straight at the start, and 5 out of the first 6). So I've worked my way up from dead last to possibly top half of the league. Not bad for a rookie!

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I beat Conscript in 1 of the Consolation brackets, so I'm up for 5th or 6th place at the worst in MMO-C 1. That is AWESOME when you look at how badly my team was doing at some points during the season (lost first 3 weeks straight at the start, and 5 out of the first 6). So I've worked my way up from dead last to possibly top half of the league. Not bad for a rookie!
    Wtf you never told me you were a rookie. I'm a rookie and I was taking advice from you.

Wtf you never told me you were a rookie. I'm a rookie and I was taking advice from you.
    Guess who's not a rookie? The Fuzzy Bunny Slippers have been dancing on other teams dreams for a couple years now.

Ya I was gonna ask you. You always use the same name? Isn't that boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    A wise man knows that the first thing to do is understand WHO it is you are taking advice from.

(In other words if you took advice from people at face value it's your own damn fault if it was bad advice from people that have no clue what they are doing )

To be fair though, I think I've proven through the season that I'm okay at playing fantasy, and that I just need to get better at drafting and deciding when to start/bench people.

If there's a list with how the fantasy rankings turned out at the end of the year I'm going to make a list of how well my initially drafted team did, just to see how much of a failure it was and how much was down to getting good starters during the season of the waiver.

Looking at my current team though I think I did allright, all things considered. I have 7 players still that I initially drafted, and 4 or 5 of those would still be starting right now if not for injury to Aaron Rodgers preventing that. And that's considering my plan before the season was to switch out and change kicker/defence on a weekly basis given match ups (which I didn't do cause I lucked into decent kicker and D/ST early on and just kept them). That's still something I'd like to do next year I think, something to learn to better anticipate.

Ya I was gonna ask you. You always use the same name? Isn't that boring.
    It's a superstitious thing. My first year playing i created this team name because the league i was in was so serious and hardcore. I ended up with 2nd place. And the years after i havent placed under 2nd in the other leagues i joined. So i keep the name because it continues to bring success.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    A wise man knows that the first thing to do is understand WHO it is you are taking advice from.

(In other words if you took advice from people at face value it's your own damn fault if it was bad advice from people that have no clue what they are doing )

To be fair though, I think I've proven through the season that I'm okay at playing fantasy, and that I just need to get better at drafting and deciding when to start/bench people.

If there's a list with how the fantasy rankings turned out at the end of the year I'm going to make a list of how well my initially drafted team did, just to see how much of a failure it was and how much was down to getting good starters during the season of the waiver.

Looking at my current team though I think I did allright, all things considered. I have 7 players still that I initially drafted, and 4 or 5 of those would still be starting right now if not for injury to Aaron Rodgers preventing that. And that's considering my plan before the season was to switch out and change kicker/defence on a weekly basis given match ups (which I didn't do cause I lucked into decent kicker and D/ST early on and just kept them). That's still something I'd like to do next year I think, something to learn to better anticipate.
    I dont think you can really go through a season with the same drafted team and hope for success. There are always players who get injured or become stars or are just terrible. Aaron Rodgers, great QB with an early Bye week you can just plug in and keep him in for the remainder of the season. But he gets injured and now you have to replace him. Or drafting someone like CJ Spiller or Trent Richardson. Both first round picks with very high hopes. And look at them now, they are delegated to near backup duties. Keenan Allen and Julius Thomas, both undrafted, and both have become automatic starts week in and week out no matter the matchup. These are reasons you just dont want to keep your same team week in and week out. Personally, i stream defenses and kickers. So im always looking into matchups on a weekly basis. And they dont always turn out great. But thats the fun of it. (Im looking at you this week Ravens! At home, on a hot streak, with a depleted Pats receiving core....and you gave me nothing!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, watching ATL-SF. Pendulous has Kaepernick and Vetali has Boldin. The score has been 114.68 vs. 114.90 in Vetali's favour, and there's just been a whole TD possesion for SF where they only went on the ground. It's awesome, and I hope both of them are watching and hoping to go out on top. Good stuff!

(I'm interested cause the winner *should* play me next week in the consolation bracket)

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, neither of them got any more points, so it ended with Vetali the winner on a 114.90 vs 114.68 score. Insane!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh. Maybe I need to in order to make this fantasy year somewhat entertaining for myself.