Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Woot Slam Buff, OH WAIT I DONT HAVE ANY RAGE AT ALL!!!!!!

So Slam on the PTR, 330% damage, 30 rage. Or as I am now calling it, the cocktease.

I almost never have rage to use it in pvp. If you want to survive you have to be in D Stance, and getting to 30 rage is pretty much doing nothing but Mortal Strike for 18s; or using off charges with glyph. In Battle it's not much better.

So we finally get an ability that can actually hit decently hard, and our crippled rage system makes it almost impossible to get good burst out of.

Oh and if it doesnt crit... /cry.

Slam needs to generate rage like MS, with a CD to balance it, not cost rage. We have a rage dump in Heroic Strike.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

You realize the slam change is primarily targeted at PVE right? I highly doubt the "balancing" changes are anywhere near done, so don't slit your wrists just yet.
    Also, there are like 3 5.4 threads already, do we really need another one with a crazy title? Me thinks no.

/thread quit.

Hey Archimtiros I'm from SK gaming can I join your guild???

(If you don't get it, ask Strawberry)

No, you're really not understanding what the problem with this buff is.

This is literally putting us back to 4.2 status where we sucked ass in most ways except being able to kill targets during a throwdown. We're back to a very similar scenario with this retarded, terribly thought out buff that really just boggles the mind (no it doesn't, it honestly just somehow makes sense now for them to be so fucking stupid). Expect massive nerfs to our damage through nerfing OP and MS at first followed by nerfs to bladestorm and shockwave followed by slam with no compensation.

Blizzard refuses to help us where we need it and that's in the ability to stick to our targets. The reason that every melee INCLUDING ROGUES are doing better than us on live is because they have better ways to stick to their targets/deal damage at range. Meanwhile Blizzard keeps throwing charges our way thinking that'll fix shit.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-08-14 at 12:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I feel like reducing OP to 5 rage is in order to facilitate the higher rage spent during burn time.

HS is and should always be the "avoid rage capping" ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    You realize the slam change is primarily targeted at PVE right? I highly doubt the "balancing" changes are anywhere near done, so don't slit your wrists just yet.
    Also, there are like 3 5.4 threads already, do we really need another one with a crazy title? Me thinks no.

/thread quit.
    /thread quit, the Im not going to defend what I say because I have nothing to back it up closer.

Blizzard is aware warriors are wanting more burst in pvp, they said a change was incoming, they changed slam to have more burst...
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I understand the problem completely. My point is still valid. I highly doubt these are the only changes that will occur between now and the patch.
    The /thread quit was a joke in relation to my line about making yet another 5.4 thread, one which had an over the top and whining thread title. Precisely the reason I enjoy these forums more than the Battle.net forums which are filled top to bottom with that kind of unproductive crap.
    Thanks for keeping it going...

1) Glyph bull rush, get 35 rage for each charge, be happy.
    2) 1.5 sec cd on stance switching, switching to battle mid charge and first white swing with MS = 60ish rage EVERY time I charge someone and back to D stance before charge stun is even over.
    3) Warrior skillcap is going up significantly imo, going to have to adjust. Switching to battle at the right times to pool rage while staying defensive is going to be how it is I imagine.

I like that slam hits hard now. What I don't like is that it pushes HS and OP to the useless zone. Why overpower for shit damage when you could be pooling that rage for the next CS slam burst? Seriously, OP needs its cost removed, solves so many problems. Come 5.4 I might never use HS or OP again, which is fucking dumb.

i dont think all of the tuning is complete, i have a feeling they will buff overpower and mortal strike a smidge to keep them
    competitive with slam, the problem that has arisen is we will want to pool rage for slams ready for the next CS,
    which is fine but when we have trouble pooling said rage due to overpowers rage cost just doesnt make overpower worth using when slam basically hits for quadruple the damage. also deep wounds was buffed significantly. both the slam and deep wounds changes are great for pve, but slam for pvp is gonna be a bit weird, though more damage is always nice.

The slam cost increase is made entirely for PVE because of the new 4 piece set bonus. Now both Slam and Execute match in rage costs and you just need to choose between using one depending on your procs instead of completely altering your normal cycle. The huge increase in slam damage is great and the rage cost modification if simply smart.

I really like that they've looked up Deep wounds again, because if there is one way to increase the damage of a class in PVE without ruining PVP it's by channeling that damage through DOTs. Hopefully they will keep working on it and perhaps revert Deep wounds back into a stacking dot (like ignite) and instead of doing damage based on your attack power it would scale from how hard you hit.

However, Mortal strike and Overpower are still two very unattractive abilities and need to be looked at.

Deleted
    To me the Slam Change feels amazing, at least with the 2pc bonus. It´s an extremly potent way to funnel exzessive rage into more dmg. Even up to the point where I believe that Arms will extremly strong when it can soak dmg in Zerker Stance.

The only thing im worried about is that Execute kinda feels useless inside of CS Windows. Ofcourse you will still use it to get the free Overpowers - but in terms of raw dmg its barely better than Slam. This also means that the 4pc bonus is kinda useless for Arms...

Overall this can only be a bandaid fix though, since its not even viable without the 2pc bonus...

Silly question and unrelated.. After this buff on PTR, does execute hit harder then slam during CS? so like say you get a 4pc tier set proc, would you wanna replace one of your slams with that execute? I don't actually know the raw numbers on PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    Silly question and unrelated.. After this buff on PTR, does execute hit harder then slam during CS? so like say you get a 4pc tier set proc, would you wanna replace one of your slams with that execute? I don't actually know the raw numbers on PTR.
    it super close atm, and by super close I mean if you have a strength trinket (passive) or you have AP proc up exe> slam inside CS, If your weapon is higher ilvl then most of your gear your don't even exec at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    Even if it doesn't hit harder, execute is free with the proc during execute phase and even without it still makes overpower free for 10 seconds, so my guess is thats its always worth it, unless you somehow have infinite rage.

Execute only needs to be hit once every 10 seconds to keep the Sudden Execute buff up, so there's no reason to use it over Slam in Execute phase once Requiel's conditions are met.

They should kinda bring back the "wotlk" feel to warriors to where execute didn't really feel like an execute but however it hit for a decent amount so it would be balanced enough to put sudden death back into the arms spec (instead of 4th tier set).

Slam is an ok buff (for pvp, because lack of rage regen) but however pve'ers get the full benefit. I tried beating on the dummy and tried it out and wow slam hits almost as much as execute, which is a crazy thought and i think it can compete with obliterate.

Don't forget that blizzard uses tier set bonus to look for new changes in class mechanic. People calling for no rage cost on OP seem to forget , that this is coming via the tierset , and if it works out , it will be baseline ( old sudden death in this case ). I like the new arms with 4pc t16 alot , it feels streamlined and I finally get to see big numbers again with slam, instead of those silly OP "crits". Having mostly 1.5 gcd again does hurt, yes, but thats more a question of gameplay feeling, not balance.

For pvp , I don't know , I somehow gave up hope that blizzard will ever manage to keep the warrior class at least for a few months balanced. But looking at current situation , it takes more than a few number changes to fix the mess, although most of the problem is a global one with so many brainless CCs atm.

They nerfed defensive stance in 5.2 to try and get pvp warriors to use battle stance or berserker stance more. This clearly matches that philosophy.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

-Misinterpret a PVE change as a PVP change
    -Find it doesn't make sense in PVP
    -Get mad
    -Profit
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    -make up bullshit about it being pve since pvenerd
    -try to act cool
    - profit?