363. This poll is closed
  • 2 New Races

193 53.17%
  • New Class

170 46.83%
Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Dark Below: 2 new Races or New Class?

Looks like the new WoW expansion will have us battling Azshara and her master N'Zoth. Emerald Dream is likely, as is us exploring lost underwater cities, and fighting off a probable invasion from Naga forces. I'm sure Wrathion will be watching from the sidelines, eager to hatch his plot to defeat the Burning Legion for his own purposes.

Now every expansion, Blizzard releases a new class, or 2 new races into the game. This thread is NOT what you think those will be (though youre free to discuss that) It's simply an opinion poll to see what you think is coming next.

To those who say neither; It WILL be one or the other. GC has stated that a neutral race is unlikely in future WoW installments, so keep that in mind as you vote.

Neither. New race models please.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Looks like the new WoW expansion will have us battling Azshara and her master N'Zoth.
    This hasn't been stated anywhere...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Then you should vote for new class.

2 new races... most likely the Jinyu ... and the Mantid. I'd reroll horde for the Mantid... omg.

I don't think they'd add a new class or race to Diablo 3.

If "The Dark Below" is actually an expansion, and if those two are the only options... Most likely, two new races. You see, they've been alternating races and classes for every expansion, it would only make sense that after getting a new class, we'd get races again. TBC, races; Wrath, class; Cata, races... but then again, MoP kinda broke the cycle, introducing both a class and a race.

Anyway, I wouldn't bet on either. As others have said, it's much more likely to get an overhaul for the rest of races/classes, than to add more clutter to a system that is in dire need of polish.

10+ Year Old Account

As much as I want this, it shouldn't be a selling point of an X-pac. They have owed us new models since Wrath, yes owed (because that's a cosmetic change that we pay for with the monthly subscription). I would want to see a new race over a new class, or 4th specs + new races. Out of the new races I would love to see any of the following: Naga's, Etherals, Dragonkin, Arakkoa, or Dreadlords (yes I know that's crazy, but it would be awesome because of that very reason).

Another thing I would love to see, considering this might be an ocean theme expansion, is a complete revamp of fishing. Also a new profession would be good. If we do get a new class I hope its either Tinkers or Sorcerer(Sea Witch).

2 new races.

Each new class adds a lot of extra work in their never ending balancing act.

Burning Crusade - 2 new races (Blood Elf/Draenei)
    WotLK - New class (Death Knight)
    Cata - 2 new races (Worgen/Goblin)
    MoP - new class/race (Monk/Pandaren)
    New xpac - 2 new races?

Looks like 2 new races, but Blizz could throw something else at us.....

I don't think we'll get new races or new classes in the next xp
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by Noqr View Post
    I don't think they'd add a new class or race to Diablo 3.
    This. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    As much as I want this, it shouldn't be a selling point of an X-pac. They have owed us new models since Wrath, yes owed (because that's a cosmetic change that we pay for with the monthly subscription). I would want to see a new race over a new class, or 4th specs + new races. Out of the new races I would love to see any of the following: Naga's, Etherals, Dragonkin, Arakkoa, or Dreadlords (yes I know that's crazy, but it would be awesome because of that very reason).

Another thing I would love to see, considering this might be an ocean theme expansion, is a complete revamp of fishing. Also a new profession would be good. If we do get a new class I hope its either Tinkers or Sorcerer(Sea Witch).
    Actually they don't owe you shit. You're not entitled to new models.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Should be something we get regardless to refresh the game. Unless its going to add tons more customization, it should not be a selling feature of the new expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Actually they don't owe you shit. You're not entitled to new models.
    They could just not update new models yet again and loss even more subscribers who get tired of the outdated 2004 models in 2013. Not really a sound business choice however.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2013-08-14 at 01:55 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't look likely at all since this is going to be the Diablo expansion and not WoW... but nice try

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither, new character models, an interesting new profession and some reworks to current boring systems is all I want. There are too many races and classes already.

Revamping things is not a strong selling point for an expansion. People want and expect brand new toys to play with when they buy an X-pack.

10+ Year Old Account
    My money's on neither. There'll be no new races or new classes. They'll just add the new model overhauls for all of the other races and probably update and balance the racials as well.

I find it unlikely they'd add two classes in a row

New class. I think New models for old races will take the place of 2 new races.