Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What Spec will you be playing 5.4 and why

Title says it all.

Deleted
    The one that's best for the encounter, because progress is more important than preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    The one that's best for the encounter, because progress is more important than preference.
    What he said. WoW history, in the last two xpacs, at least, that certain specs outperform the others in certain encounters. But that leads me to want to play that least desired spec just to prove that it's capable. At the beginning of cata when destro was "broken", I could beat out similarly geared afflocks in many different encounters. But that's neither here nor there. Play what's comfortable and what works, plain and simple.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perne View Post
    What he said. WoW history, in the last two xpacs, at least, that certain specs outperform the others in certain encounters. But that leads me to want to play that least desired spec just to prove that it's capable. At the beginning of cata when destro was "broken", I could beat out similarly geared afflocks in many different encounters. But that's neither here nor there. Play what's comfortable and what works, plain and simple.
    I'll be playing Affliction in most fights, at least with how things currently stand. Those which I'm not playing Affliction, I'll be playing Demonology.

I don't think any fight will prefer destro atm, not until rain of fire compensation, which tbh doesn't look like it's coming.

I much prefer playing demo over affliction just for the fun off it but regarding the changes, you'd have to say affliction will me strongest on all fights,

Not a great fan of affi in panda, but it is what I will probably be playing for most encounters, unless there are some shakeups between now and 5.4 launch.

I think I'll be Afflic/ Demo for SoO. I just don't see Destro doing better.

Depends on the next 2 weeks honestly. Right now destro just doesn't have teeth. Aff isn't bad and demo still has some issues to sort through. Problem is I don't see the two staying compadible...at least past the lifespan of UVLS. Demo so far I'm seeing strongest going 8100 haste > crit > mast >>> haste. Aff seems to want to just go balls deep haste/mastery BUT I personally don't have a wush or hydra so aff may not be as strong.

Of course I'll run what each fight demands but just ballparking it that is what I'm seeing. Losing KJC demo will likely be the most versatile since it can run AD/MF as the encounter demands with little to no penalty. Aff still feels pretty addicted to constant channeling to stay competitive. Destro is just taking it dry from so many angles...

I lean most strongly towards Affliction, often favoring GoSac for the larger Pact shield.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

I'll stay Demo like I have for all of MoP, since I like the play style much more than the other specs.

Deleted
    Demo > Destro > Aff, unless Aff does way better then Destro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever spec does most dps per fight, with destro mainspec for questing and stuff.

Deleted
    Destro, although im sure thats not a shock to most !

Reason is i play a warlock because i love the destruction spec and i believe in blizzards ability to keep it viable.

Deleted
    Simply put : a buffed Destro or nothing
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-08-14 at 07:17 AM.

Affliction will still have one of the strongest execute in game.

Buffing of dots is ideal, glad to see they fixed that piece.

Affliction will shine on most fights.

I donno, affliction just looks stronger, buffed dots / nerfed channel - alot of multi-dot fights. mmm

I guess Aff/Demo sadly little to no destro. What with the rof ember generation nerf. I guess will have to actually try them on live.

Demo/Affli with UVLS and BotH so gimp times inc. I've heard such bad things about UVLS that I wonder if the valor trinket will be better next patch?

ill do destro for questing and aff for bosses.. idk if that'll work though since i think aff uses haste mastery and destro crit/ haste... eh.. w/e

Deleted
    Atm im playing Destro/Demon, but if the rain of fire nerf doesnt get compensated (which it doesnt look like) i'll switch to affli/demon... Come on blizz! You can't just take something so essential for the spec away (RoF) without giving anything to compensate?