Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can we get servers in Australia?

Blizzard games have always been associated with legendary polish and gameplay. I feel that this has eroded in WoW. Specifically, I feel there has been too much emphasis on cool spell effects and new mechanics such as RPPM and that these 'pretty' or 'interesting' things have been added to the detriment of the responsiveness and feel of the game. We saw one such issue fixed with the 'Stampede bug', but many encounters, especially in 25 man, remain an input lagfest (eg. Megaera during rampage, Iron Qon at the start and end, etc.).

Have you guys given any thought to performance-minded tweaks or design? One example is a toggle to view only your own player's effects (have seen this in a couple of MMOs).

NOTE: I play in a 25M raiding guild and we see the decline across a broad spectrum of hardware, from high-end to 2-3 years old.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

10+ Year Old Account
    Expansion after expansion we see how the High Elves are developed as a more defined race and are more and more involved in the unfolding of events. Is it possible that some day we may finally have the High Elves as a playable race for the Alliance? Maybe with the return of Alleria?

Thank you

Bear with me, as this is a bit of a long question.

As silly as it may sound, transmog is one of my favorite aspects of the game. I love customizing unique looks, and I've even spent time building a transmog set that will go with my legendary cloak once i obtain it. That said, my bank and void storage are completely filled with unique looking items for transmog. I'm reluctant to throw anything away, as much of the items are quest rewards with no look-alikes that can be re-obtained. I know that granting more bank/bag space would simply be a band-aid fix, and one you're not willing to make at this point. Is it possible that we might see a solution to this problem at some point in the future? I would love to see the Xmog vendor take items from the player (for a price, possibly?) and register them permanently into the drop-down menus in the Xmog interface.

And my second (and much shorter) question:

How likely (and frequently) are we to see another questline similar to Quel'Danar or the Warlocks' Green Fire? I absolutely love the mixture of lore and personal challenge. Brawler's Guild is fun and challenging, but it doesn't feel as 'epic' without a connection to lore.

Deleted
    Are you considering changing player damage, compared to player health to decrease burst in pvp and making burst cooldowns shorter, but decreasing the damage increase? This would also make defensives mather, atm you don't swap target if the target uses a defensive, you just burst right trough it.
    Are you considering making more cc share dr and also decrease the damage treshold of fears, they are like stuns atm.
    Last edited by mmocc8f2d2d3cb; 2013-08-14 at 12:41 PM.

1. Any chance to make Halfhill Market a Sanctuary? Of course playing on a PVP realm requires rules and choices, but do you think triggering guards because an enemy player phased in from the ranch just as you were clicking a NPC is one of those choices?

2. Are you satisfied of how phasing currently works, expecially with gatherable resources and frequent (for some people, mandatory) disconnect when crossing a phased zone on two-seat vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by Gendou View Post
    And will anything be done to help Leatherworkers, who have significantly more (random) recipes to learn via the daily process?
    I second that. I think it would be fair to give them - at least - the choice between learning Mail or Leather recipe.

1: Have you considered increasing the upper limit of players on flex raiding to 40 players, instead of 25?
    2: How well do you think the legendary quest line has worked out this expansion, and do you plan on having the next expansion's legendary quest line(s) work in the same way?
    3: Will there be a patch 5.5, and if so, will it be set in Ashenvale and Gilneas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Q: Where is my god dam moose mount?
    socials
    TikTok flanleet | YouTube/Twitter/Instagram flan1337

I have two questions, feel free to go with both or just one if you decide to go with mine.

1) Can you assure us that Siege of Org isn't going to have the same issues that Dragon Soul had? Granted like half the raid takes place in a new location, the other half still takes place in Org. I've bee to Org for the past like 8 years, so how is it going to be made interesting? Dragon Soul was very boring because there were basically no new setpieces besides the skybox in the flying part. Most of the raid took place in a place I was at during Wrath 100 times and then even the Maelstrom, which could have been an awesome final battle area, was ruined by showing up a few times during Cata beforehand.

2) What do you say to people like me that have been rooting for Garrosh this whole expansion? I don't like Vol'jin, I don't like Thrall, I like all the thing Garrosh is doing (he does destroys the Vale BUT he kills off the Golden Lotus, how can you hate that?), and it just feels kind of meh working against him when questing just because the game makes me. The darkspear revolution is especially bad in this regard. Did you ever consider making a way to help Garrosh instead?

Will we be able to send BoA gear across different realms in our Connected Realm group?

Are there any other profession catch ups planned for 5.4 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I'd like to see them answer if Mists is when we'll see the arrival of Male Night Elf Sentinels which were mentioned back in Wrath or Cata's Blizzcon.

The war's going on, so 5.4 or even 5.5 is the perfect time for them to show up, as after losses fighting the Orcs in Ashenvale and Orgrimmar, the Sentinels will have been weakened and I assume would open their doors to males.

It aggravated me they said we'd get them, then never delivered. I was hoping they were waiting for a patch like 5.4, but I've been disappointed.

So, to phrase it in a way for this Q&A: Despite being mentioned as coming soon at Blizzcon a few years ago, Male Night Elf Sentinels still cease to exist. Is it possible this war with Garrosh and losses in Ashenvale, Theramore, etc. may cause Tyrande to finally open the doors of the Sentinels to Male Night Elves?
    There already are male Sentinel troops since Cataclysm. Not officially of the Sentinels organisation but they wear the same attires.

Now, on to my question. Is the new Garrosh Hellscream model the baseline for the future updated player models? Not that I'm complaining overal but his facial animations look like that of the Goblins. If anything, I'd prefer something based on Thrall's 4.2 model. Not sure if people share that intrest ofcourse. And what about the other races? It's been almost a year now and we were given the story that dwarf and human models were almost done before Mists launched.

Deleted
    About the Garrosh heirlooms. How will they work exactly? Also say you defeat Garrosh normal and get a weapon usefull for your class but a few weeks later you defeat Garrosh on Heroic difficulty will it have a chance to drop the same heirloom but then heroic quality or is there a way to upgrade your normal heirloom to heroic?
    Last edited by mmoceadec8507e; 2013-08-15 at 02:04 AM.

Stealth as a mechanic has lost a lot of meaning in PvE, especially for boss fights and dungeons. Aside from the half second before you attack the boss, or using a long cooldown in the middle of a fight to save yourself from a wipe or get a very nominal damage boost, it's hardly ever used. Understandably, this has PvP implications, but do you see stealth having a more meaningful PvE purpose than simply allowing you to get closer without being detected before a pull, or getting a very minor damage boost from a talent? Perhaps a way to re-enter stealth semi-regularly while being in combat?
    Last edited by zurm; 2013-08-14 at 12:57 PM.

Hey.
    I've been noticing that with every patch, there are a few visual changes to old tiers. One example is the warrior tier 6 boots, when 5.3 arrived, they changed their skin and they no longer matched the set.
    This also happens with a lot of other sets. Any plan to fix this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navira View Post
    Are you considering changing player damage, compared to player health to decrease burst in pvp and making burst cooldowns shorter, but decreasing the damage increase? This would also make defensives mather, atm you don't swap target if the target uses a defensive, you just burst right trough it.
    This would also be interesting for PvE. In 25man raids, it feels like the only way healers are currently being challenged is by downright one-shotting players. Anything else is easily healed up within seconds, because healers have so much more throughput available than the damage that is being dished out. Is there any chance of increased stamina scaling to keep damage, hp, and healing ratios largely similar?
    Last edited by mmoc6748418b85; 2013-08-14 at 01:20 PM.

Hey, are we going to see the SI:7 (Amber and Sully), Admiral Taylor, Sky Admiral Rogers and the Horde Companions in the Jade Forest including Gorrok? I feel like they shouldn't be left out because they were leading towards the war effort throughout the expansion.

Are we ever going to see flying over wintergrasp fixed? It worked at the end of WTLK but as soon as cata hit you started getting dismounted over it every time and it has yet to be fixed or are you going to keep just releasing new content with out fixing the old?

Not sure if these would be considered a "far off change" but...

is there any plan to let us transmog 2h swords/axes/maces with polearm?

and

instead of mailing heirloom gear, why not an account wide bank that we can only deposit BoA stuffs (and make some fun items like archaeology stuffs) become BoA?
    Last edited by Thyranne; 2013-08-14 at 01:24 PM.

Do you have internal ideas for what each class should excel at? In 5.4 arms warriors are receiving some cleave buffs, but they haven't really been anything above average at cleave in a while (and have been worse than fury at it in MoP).

Without cleave, arms warrior is kinda meh at everything and there's not really a reason to play it in pve unless you just prefer it. And if you're in a hardcore guild, you can't sell that you'd rather play something you enjoy than have the best shot at killing bosses.

Arms warrior doesn't have a niche in the pre 5.4 world and it remains to be seen if we'll be dominant at cleave post 5.4.

It seems important to me that even if you don't announce it to your players, (although maybe that would be nice) that you have a specific and well defined specialty for each spec, because it's impossible to balanced everyone having the best aoe, or cleave, or single target, or burst, or cc package, or best defenses, or most healing throughput.

I think it's important that a niche is found for every spec, so everyone can have their time to shine instead of trying to make everyone able to do everything (which is impossible to balance). Another bonus is that balance doesn't need to be as tight if everyone is good at different things.

This is probably too long of a question/set up for this kind of environment, but it's something i have thought a lot about.

tl;dr

Do you have well-defined, specific (internal) niches for every single spec going forward? If not, do you think it's a good idea to do it?