Rune of Re-Origination

So i picked this trinket up last night on our Lei Shin kill. Long story short I've raided with my lock all this tier and my guild asked me to gear my hunter up for SoO. We have 6 people on our 10m raid group on one token so i was asked if i would mind making to switch to help relieve the burden of one token. Was top dps on the lock but i was the only one with a decent geared hunter to transition in. Guild is only 3/13 Heroic also.

Right now my hunter is 517 ilvl, i picked up my legendary meta gem yesterday afternoon, and i currently use the shadow pan trinket (522) and Talisman of Bloodlust (522). No luck on the trinkets off jinrock and council as of yet. Would the run be better than either of the two trinkets that i use now or is it garbage for hunters?

Thanks in advance!

Short answer; It's garbage.

Long Answer; It's garbage because our 2ndary stats are very close in weight to each other, and since they also complement each other (having more haste makes crit and mastery good etc.) moving your stats from 2 to another is.. Bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really is garbage for hunters. Hopefully you get lucky and get a bad juju or reneki's

Figured as much lol. Side note. I used ask mr robot for reforging and i used the rppm builder since i have two rppm trinkets and my legendary meta. So its listing haste-crit-mastery for stat priorities (after hit and exp is dealt with). http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zohl/advanced is my hunter. Sadly I have a crap ton of hit so this is about as low as i can get for now.

Have to admit i have not kept up much with hunter info this entire tier so im not sure if im doing it right or not with the geming and reforging.

I can't help but notice that you have the PvP ring with hit/haste on it.. There must be something better out there, if not, the ring with crit/mastery might even be better, because the hit stats are wasted... There is a 522 valor ring iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganbai View Post
    I can't help but notice that you have the PvP ring with hit/haste on it.. There must be something better out there, if not, the ring with crit/mastery might even be better, because the hit stats are wasted... There is a 522 valor ring iirc.
    Was either the valor ring or trinket. The trinket was the bigger upgrade form what i was using. No luck on a ring thus far. It dropped on heroic jinrock this week but i was on my lock for that fight. Ring is planned to be bought next week if i get unlucky on our raid with drops.

With the 5 other people on that token, there are no other decent options? Gear shouldn't be the issue since the catch-up mechanics in 5.4 are quite numerous (LFR, flex, timeless isle, etc). It just seems a waste to go from the highest damage with lots of utility to a weaker class with worse gear.

to fill missing buffs mostly. the raid groups dps is fairly solid. also we have prot tokens being vendored every week since nobody needs. our shaman has a full 5 pc set for each spec. COnq hardly ever drops.