Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the logo looks pretty well done - enough to the point of where it looks legit. Better than a ton of other patch logos, actually. However, the fact that it's only being shown to us via a screenshot of a private youtube video that's only 21 seconds long...yeah. If it is legit, it could fit in with another demon invasion (ie Wrathion showing us what would seem to be infernals raining down), but I'm pretty skeptical.

Either way, nice work on the logo.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I will say two things. I'm not under an NDA and I think it was pretty obvious the whole Rise of the Legion thread wasn't intended to troll people.
    That thread starts with this:

"Sup.

So this is my idea, in full, feel free to read all of it or none or just some, but this is what I would most like to see as a new expansion for WoW."

I, umm....don't know where you're getting your confirmation from that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pr0digy View Post
    Also, the literal element is in all caps, i doubt Blizzard would release World of Warcraft: THE DARK BELOW, doesn't mean that it would be in all caps, but if you were trademarking something, it wouldn't be in all caps.
    You clearly have never read a World of Warcraft trademark before.

Because yes,m that is exactly how the trademark to CATACLYSM was: with all caps.

And yes, that is the actual application for the trademark of CATACLYSM. Looking at it and the trademark for THE DARK BELOW shows me that in all likelihood it is indeed a real trademark filing from Blizzard. Comparing and contrasting between the two, along with the confirmed fake Corgis Unleashed leads me to believe that it is indeed a real application from Blizzard.

I'd also link the Mists of Pandaria trademark application, but I can't seem to find it on their website.

That and an expansion focusing on Azshara seems to be the more realistic way to a lead up to the Legion, as Azshara still wants to wipe out the lesser races and rule Azeroth for her own, and will still likely continue trying to bring them here again.
    Last edited by Cradix; 2013-08-15 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chudah View Post
    That thread starts with this:

"Sup.

So this is my idea, in full, feel free to read all of it or none or just some, but this is what I would most like to see as a new expansion for WoW."

I, umm....don't know where you're getting your confirmation from that thread.

What? That's not in my thread at all.

What? That's not in my thread at all.
    Ah, sorry...wrong thread I was referencing. Never mind my comment.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not under an NDA and I think it was pretty obvious the whole Rise of the Legion thread wasn't intended to troll people has a hoax.
    Sometimes I think the publicity goes to your head

I jest. Though I think you're in no different position arguing for a Legion expansion than we are arguing for an Azshara/N'Zoth expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    You clearly have never read a World of Warcraft trademark before.

Because yes,m that is exactly how the trademark to CATACLYSM was: with all caps.

And yes, that is the actual filing for the trademark of CATACLYSM. Looking at it and the trademark for THE DARK BELOW shows me that in all likelyhood it is indeed a real trademark filing from Blizzard.
    Alright, clears up the caps thing, just didn't look right to me. Still stuck on the screengrab of the application though, the other expansions trademark leaks weren't like that.

Alright, clears up the caps thing, just didn't look right to me. Still stuck on the screengrab of the application though, the other expansions trademark leaks weren't like that.
    I can't say for sure because I wouldn't even know where to look to verify the info, but would it be too much of a stretch that the registration system has been updated or changed since the last time Blizz registered a trademark back in 2011 for MoP? Electronic filing systems getting updated is not entirely unheard of.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Sometimes I think the publicity goes to your head

I jest. Though I think you're in no different position arguing for a Legion expansion than we are arguing for an Azshara/N'Zoth expansion.
    I think we need a scoreboard.

Legion Expansion vs Azshara/N'Zoth Expansion

I think we need a scoreboard.

Legion Expansion vs Azshara/N'Zoth Expansion
    Usually with Blizzard, it's the one you least expect it to be...

Usually with Blizzard, it's the one you least expect it to be...
    Corgis Unleashed it is

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say for sure because I wouldn't even know where to look to verify the info, but would it be too much of a stretch that the registration system has been updated or changed since the last time Blizz registered a trademark back in 2011 for MoP? Electronic filing systems getting updated is not entirely unheard of.
    If it didn't have the red asterisks I would agree, it just looks like an application.

edit:
    Until it looks something like this, I'll be a skeptic.
    Last edited by Beergod; 2013-08-15 at 02:44 AM.

Ro9ue, if you do have some insider connection...
    What are the chances of Warlocks getting a demonic tank spec? Like a Demon Hunter, or Demonology tank spec?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonWuzHear View Post
    What are the chances of Warlocks getting a demonic tank spec? Like a Demon Hunter, or Demonology tank spec?
    I don't have an insider connection. Fucking wish I did, though.

My source says: "outlook good"

I don't have an insider connection. Fucking wish I did, though.
    What if I told you I did? What if I said that your expansion idea is the closest to Blizzard's?
    What if I'm testing you?

All hypothetical of course.

To be fair OP... The logo in your signature is better quality thn the screenshot.... lol

15+ Year Old Account
    If it didn't have the red asterisks I would agree, it just looks like an application.

edit:
    Until it looks something like this, I'll be a skeptic.
    The asterisks are just another falsehood spread on these forums by folks who don't understand what they are talking about. That 2 mods posted in that thread about asterisks is kind of facepalm-worthy.

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer...ndex=19&page=1

- - - Updated - - -

What if I told you I did? What if I said that your expansion idea is the closest to Blizzard's?
    What if I'm testing you?

All hypothetical of course.
    If you knew anything, you wouldn't be here talking about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    The asterisks are just another falsehood spread on these forums by folks who don't understand what they are talking about. That 2 mods posted in that thread about asterisks is kind of facepalm-worthy.

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer...ndex=19&page=1
    Yes, but it's a screengrab of the application as I said before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but it's a screengrab of the application as I said before.
    The point is that the asterisks are continually brought up erroneously. The asterisks don't only show up on the app page before submission. That is not a soluble argument and that guy was allowed to disseminate false information. It was either that the mods themselves don't know WTF they are talking about or its a smokescreen. Either way, IDC, I'm just saying the asterisks are NOT a valid reason to suggest TDB is a fake.