Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ...
16
24
25
26
27
28
... LastLast
  1. #501
    Elemental Lord Golden Yak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Sunny Beaches of Canada
    Posts
    8,014
    Ah, this thread rises.

    After reading through everyone so confidently dismissing it, I hope it turns out to be real.

  2. #502
    Dreadlord bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    When you're sharing to members of a team outside a creative department (people without ACC), sharing with YouTube makes it a lot easier. Also read my comment above about rendering in the platform you're pushing it to.
    I can share a file with a person in anyone of the 6 plants located around the country in the company I work with it, and keep it secure from accidental access. You mean to tell me that Blizzard can't share across one campus? Yeah no. You mean Blizzard can setup appropriate account access to their Youtube channel, but can't setup appropriate access permissions on their own network. You are making up scenarios to support Blizzard using Youtube when for security sake and simplicity, a network share is just superior to sharing on Youtube.
    " PC- i7-7700k, MSI 1070, 16gig DDR4 @ 3200MHz, Samsung Evo Pro 850 @ 250gb, Adata SSD @ 250gb, Seagate Barracuda @ 1tb.

    I also own all the consoles and enjoy all of them (except the Wii U, that is trash).
    Proud member of the Gaming MasterRace.

  3. #503
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This topic really, really needs to die.

    You can't honestly believe that Blizzard created the LOGO (A logo that looks visually different from all other patch logos of every expansion) for the 5.5 patch trailer before they were even halfway finished testing 5.4
    I do think so, when you consider that Blizzard was already starting to work on X5 around the time they released MoP
    i7 4790k @ 4.7 / Noctua nh d-14 / MSI Z97S SLI Krait / MSI GTX 970

  4. #504
    Stood in the Fire Kagecamia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hell aka Detroit
    Posts
    390
    If it turns out to be a burning legion themed expac with Sargeras as the final boss, I have just one thing to say.

    May 100 wipes be inflicted on each H Sargeras group for each lock hotfix we got this expac.

    /trollface

  5. #505
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Ah, this thread rises.

    After reading through everyone so confidently dismissing it, I hope it turns out to be real.
    It was dismissed because 2 months ago when xinjun asked:

    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    The first person to post the second screenshot on MMO was ro9ue. Ro9ue, where did you find it?
    ro9ue responded:

    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I found it... INTHETOMBOFSARGERAS
    He's been called out on this several times since then but never responds.

    Also, when someone mentioned a second image:

    Quote Originally Posted by bendak View Post
    These images are pretty epic fakes... they went through the trouble of not only photoshopping the wow youtube channel, but then taking a off-screen pic to add to the authenticity. But if they wanted people to truly believe, they would have taken a) more than one screen and b) taken a screen on something they couldn't easily photoshop, like some new in-game footage of a zone we've never seen before.
    ro9ue was immediately able to come up with another one:

    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    http://imgur.com/7Oq7rwn
    http://imgur.com/aLFX6Il



    I count... One... AH AH AH... Two AH AH AH
    So either ro9ue is an insider at Blizzard or he fabricated this leak.
    "A man chooses, a slave obeys."

  6. #506
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    My point was, Youtube is not a realistic hosting platform of something like that for blizzard. If they were doing a FX test, it would be done in a program like After Effects or Adobe and just shared cross the file server. You can't not rightfully tell me that Blizzard thinks youtube is superior to a secure file server.
    This exactly.
    There are a score of better ways they could have sent the file around.

    Smaller teams can just call over their art director to their computer and preview right out of After Effects or whatever you're using, but when you're working within a large company where some of your higher-ups might not be in the same building... a private video channel is pretty handy.
    This is illogical.
    The entire company isn't working on the trailer.

    A very specific part of the art team is.
    It's pretty likely that the entire art team for wow is located in a single office space or floor of a building. The trailer team isn't going to send a 20 second effects test file for the patch trailer's logo to Mike Morhaime. If they show it to anyone, it's going to be to the other members of the trailer team right near them, or to the art director who is probably sitting down the hall.

    But let's pretend for a moment that against all logic, Blizzard is putting files up on youtube for internal sharing.

    What you are saying is that a member of the ART TEAM paused the video at a perfect point and then took pictures from several angels, AND THEN gave those pictures to a random friend to post wherever, potentially risking their job.

  7. #507
    The Unstoppable Force Peggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Southwark, London
    Posts
    20,969
    While it's a Good photoshop, I have to say fake, for the main reason of who posted it. The image firs appeared here on mmoc, posted by a user here, not a new user with 1 post, a user normal active member here, and the image doesn't seem to have been leaked anywhere else online before here. So either he made the image, or he works at blizzard and decided to leak stuff under his main mmoc account.

    im fairly sure they were posted by the same person who made the fake dark below logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    [The contents of this post can be unlocked in random loot boxes available from your local ISP. We want to provide readers with a feeling of pride and accomplishment when they read it.]

  8. #508
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I can share a file with a person in anyone of the 6 plants located around the country in the company I work with it, and keep it secure from accidental access.
    Well my first point is this wasn't intercepted because it was on YouTube. You could be using magic to share the file, but if it's up on a screen and someone walks by with a camera phone and snaps a pic, it doesn't matter whether it's in After Effects, Dropbox, YouTube or PornTube.

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    You mean to tell me that Blizzard can't share across one campus? Yeah no. You mean Blizzard can setup appropriate account access to their Youtube channel, but can't setup appropriate access permissions on their own network. You are making up scenarios to support Blizzard using Youtube when for security sake and simplicity, a network share is just superior to sharing on Youtube.
    When it comes to sharing videos, it honestly depends on how the company is set up. Video rendering to one format and putting it on a server when you have people on all sorts of machines and devices who need to view/approve can be a nightmare. Youtube videos are accessible to so many devices you can have Joe Creative on his Mac Pro in office seeing the same exact thing John President on his Android phone in a hotel somewhere is seeing. If they were sharing images or something, that's a different story, but video sharing is an entirely different animal.
    "Don't discuss religion or politics at the dinner table."

    No, it makes much more sense to discuss it with complete strangers shrouded in the anonymity of the internet.

  9. #509
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    /snip
    So you're going to continue ignoring inquiries as to where you found The Skysunder then? You realize that looks really suspicious right?
    "A man chooses, a slave obeys."

  10. #510
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This exactly.

    This is illogical.
    The entire company isn't working on the trailer.

    A very specific part of the art team is.
    It's pretty likely that the entire art team for wow is located in a single office space or floor of a building. The trailer team isn't going to send a 20 second effects test file for the patch trailer's logo to Mike Morhaime. If they show it to anyone, it's going to be to the other members of the trailer team right near them, or to the art director who is probably sitting down the hall.

    But let's pretend for a moment that against all logic, Blizzard is putting files up on youtube for internal sharing.

    What you are saying is that a member of the ART TEAM paused the video at a perfect point and then took pictures from several angels, AND THEN gave those pictures to a random friend to post wherever, potentially risking their job.
    There's a lot of speculation going on here. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it doesn't prove/disprove anything. Read my post above on sharing video across a myriad of devices.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    So you're going to continue ignoring inquiries as to where you found The Skysunder then? You realize that looks really suspicious right?
    Ok it's fake, I made it. You guys got me.
    "Don't discuss religion or politics at the dinner table."

    No, it makes much more sense to discuss it with complete strangers shrouded in the anonymity of the internet.

  11. #511
    Dreadlord bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    When it comes to sharing videos, it honestly depends on how the company is set up. Video rendering to one format and putting it on a server when you have people on all sorts of machines and devices who need to view/approve can be a nightmare. Youtube videos are accessible to so many devices you can have Joe Creative on his Mac Pro in office seeing the same exact thing John President on his Android phone in a hotel somewhere is seeing. If they were sharing images or something, that's a different story, but video sharing is an entirely different animal.
    This is wrong on so many levels. It is incredibly simple to setup a permission group to view a file on a server. Sharing a video/pdf/bitmap/jar file is as simple as putting it in a folder on the server. The permission is setup on the folder. The people who would need to see this will be able to view it, they will have the software. Blizzard is a technologically advanced company whose day to day profits is earned through dealing with a variety of media. They will know how to securely share files outside of posting it on Youtube, which would than be dependent on another company to keep it secure.
    " PC- i7-7700k, MSI 1070, 16gig DDR4 @ 3200MHz, Samsung Evo Pro 850 @ 250gb, Adata SSD @ 250gb, Seagate Barracuda @ 1tb.

    I also own all the consoles and enjoy all of them (except the Wii U, that is trash).
    Proud member of the Gaming MasterRace.

  12. #512
    The Unstoppable Force Peggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Southwark, London
    Posts
    20,969
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    There's a lot of speculation going on here. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it doesn't prove/disprove anything. Read my post above on sharing video across a myriad of devices.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Ok it's fake, I made it. You guys got me.
    See, I still don't believe you! Now we need proof it's fake show us the screenshot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    [The contents of this post can be unlocked in random loot boxes available from your local ISP. We want to provide readers with a feeling of pride and accomplishment when they read it.]

  13. #513
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Ok it's fake, I made it. You guys got me.
    To be honest I was hoping for an elaborate story involving the fires of Mount Doom.
    "A man chooses, a slave obeys."

  14. #514
    OMG YOU GUYS.
    NEW EVIDENCE COULD THIS BE THE NEWEST PATCH? WOW WOAH.


  15. #515
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    This is wrong on so many levels. It is incredibly simple to setup a permission group to view a file on a server. Sharing a video/pdf/bitmap/jar file is as simple as putting it in a folder on the server. The permission is setup on the folder. The people who would need to see this will be able to view it, they will have the software. Blizzard is a technologically advanced company whose day to day profits is earned through dealing with a variety of media. They will know how to securely share files outside of posting it on Youtube, which would than be dependent on another company to keep it secure.
    You're absolutely right. What was I thinking.
    "Don't discuss religion or politics at the dinner table."

    No, it makes much more sense to discuss it with complete strangers shrouded in the anonymity of the internet.

  16. #516
    Herald of the Titans Xisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You're absolutely right. What was I thinking.
    Any Network or Sysadmin that was allowing Confidential company information to be put on the PUBLIC INTERNET for internal use would literally be fired in seconds after it was found out.

    You don't become a company the size of Blizzard by hiring incompetent backend people.

  17. #517
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You're absolutely right. What was I thinking.
    Assuming you did make it by the way you did a fantastic job.
    "A man chooses, a slave obeys."

  18. #518
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    Any Network or Sysadmin that was allowing Confidential company information to be put on the PUBLIC INTERNET for internal use would literally be fired in seconds after it was found out.

    You don't become a company the size of Blizzard by hiring incompetent backend people.
    Thanks for enlightening me. Private video = Public internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    Assuming you did make it by the way you did a fantastic job.
    Thanks. I used up all my crayons.
    "Don't discuss religion or politics at the dinner table."

    No, it makes much more sense to discuss it with complete strangers shrouded in the anonymity of the internet.

  19. #519
    Quote Originally Posted by Vharius View Post
    OMG YOU GUYS.
    NEW EVIDENCE COULD THIS BE THE NEWEST PATCH? WOW WOAH.

    Can you please draw a schlong on Sargeras? With a big set of nuts too.

  20. #520
    Titan Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    12,558
    I don't know, many things don't sound right like here. But we will know in 2 weeks more than likely.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because their things & I'm a Bear.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •