Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    After all the overconfident cries of 'obvious fake!' I just reeeally want this to be real. It would be so hilariously great.

It could refer to a phenomenon rather than an event - perhaps a new portal to the Twisting Nether is torn open in the skies above Azeroth, allowing the demons to move directly from the Nether to Azeroth without needing dark portals built. So the phenomenon is named 'the Skysunder.'
    Sounds weird still, imo.

In the age of Photoshop, I call BS on the image until i'm watching the trailer on WoWs official youtube channel.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

The main bit of evidence in regards to the actual image pointed out in this thread is that there is no border around the patch number. The other 16 odd patch logos all have borders around their numbers.

And I agree with Nindoriel the name sounds strange. Especially when there already was a "Sundering" as an important historical event.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velios View Post
    Ahem.

Seems like there's something coming. It would also seem that they are trying to throw us off by saying the patch number isn't determined yet. Maybe we're on to something here? To be honest, Blizzard has been rather quiet about this.
    There's always an event after the last patch. But content is new. The sky will sunder in 5.5 that will be the prelude to The Dark Below. How sky and what's below the ground is connected, I can't guess. Perhaps a massive legion invasion, like colossal abyssals raining from the sky that will tear the ground itself open.

Also, wasn't there a new mount or pet that had a flavor text that suggested the sky will tear open? The one that had a reference to Diablo 3.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Care to share what makes it obvious? Like which part is photoshopped or edited or otherwise convinces you that it is fake?
    If you read at least a few pages it is dreadfully obvious, and i'm normally the one gullible enough to believe in stupid stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here, I found the thread.

Sundering sky and a stormcrow from torn sky fit perfectly together.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...m-the-sea-quot

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    The Stormcrow mount was the hint, it's so Blizzard to do this.
    And this is it:

"When the sky was torn from the sea, Storm Crow appeared from within the thundering clouds to grant mankind dominion over the living flame." —Legends of the Forgotten World

They are very clever, they used Diablo 3 to give us the clue.

So what does it mean that the "sky was torn from the sea"? in sense of Warcraft and the next expansion.
    And "grants mankind dominion over the living flame"?

And more importantly, what is the Forgotten World?

These quotes are all originally from Warcraft, not Diablo, but are used within Diablo 3 on that item, as you see.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It's completely fake and fan-made.

We don't even have the 5.4 logo yet.... and small, odd patches don't get logos and intros.
    WAT?

If I remember correctly, I thought blizzard said this would be the last patch in this xpac... Not sure where I read that ofc but yet
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Deleted
    Even though I never ''buy'' it untill I see something official..

I have to admit, I LOVE to speculate in what things might be and so on. I love this game.. And I say this having played the game since EU Release now..

I like how the red object in the background is just flipped, as well as the green flame effect on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by queberts View Post
    If you read at least a few pages it is dreadfully obvious, and i'm normally the one gullible enough to believe in stupid stuff.
    List 2 things. The 2 most obvious. I'm agog.

Quote Originally Posted by RevenantReaper View Post
    I like how the red object in the background is just flipped, as well as the green flame effect on it.
    All the logos have mirrored elements in them.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    If I remember correctly, I thought blizzard said this would be the last patch in this xpac... Not sure where I read that ofc but yet
    And I remember thinking Illidan was the final boss of BC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    List 2 things. The 2 most obvious. I'm agog.

All the logos have mirrored elements in them.
    The whole thing is mirrored though. Mirroring is something that eliminates a lot of work. It makes sense for some things, but even the fire? I'm willing to say I might be wrong, but I'd think Blizzard would create a logo that isn't all mirrored. It seems cheap and rushed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frumper View Post
    The whole thing is mirrored though. Mirroring is something that eliminates a lot of work. It makes sense for some things, but even the fire? I'm willing to say I might be wrong, but I'd think Blizzard would create a logo that isn't all mirrored. It seems cheap and rushed.
    'kay, when you say mirrored, you mean one side is a flipped version of the other, right?

Yeah, almost every single patch logo they've ever done is like that. Some of them are even quarter-flipped - check out the Thunder King and Landfall logos, they have elements that are the same up and down as well as sideways.

If the green flame is some kind of animated particle effect fire then yeah, it'd be a little weird to flip that, but not out of the question to save time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Siege is the final raid of the expansion, 5.4 is more than likely the final MoP patch.

The next expansion has to be coming out around March or April at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Siege is the final raid of the expansion, 5.4 is more than likely the final MoP patch.

There is no way the expansion will be out that early, I'd say June/July the earliest it will be out.

Deleted

Remember when Black Temple was the final raid of BC? What about when ICC was the final raid of Wrath?
    I don't, because neither of those things happened. Blizzard have already said they're doing another patch after Siege of Orgrimmar and along with everything else that's in it will be the changes to Orgrimmar and the new Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    Remember when Black Temple was the final raid of BC? What about when ICC was the final raid of Wrath?
    I don't, because neither of those things happened. Blizzard have already said they're doing another patch after Siege of Orgrimmar and along with everything else that's in it will be the changes to Orgrimmar and the new Warchief.
    Yeah, that won't be happening this time around. Blizzard is in full control of its output. If it says that Siege will be the final Raid, then it will be the final Raid.

We'll definitely have hotfixes and things like that, but SoO is the final raid of MoP.

Next stop; The beach for some scuba diving.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-08-17 at 10:13 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, that won't be happening this time around. Blizzard is in full control of its output. If it says that Siege will be the final Raid, then it will be the final Raid.

We'll definitely have hotfixes and things like that, but SoO is the final patch of MoP.

Next stop; The beach for some scuba diving.
    You did well ignoring the last part of my post dood, GJ.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe one way or the other that this is real or fake, but here's something to consider:

As someone who works at a company with a closely monitored system, you wouldn't want to take a screenshot of something like this and save it to your desktop. They could track you down and fire you pretty easily. Having some random employee walk up and take a couple photos with their camera at different angles trying to get a better picture so that they can't be tracked? That's actually more realistic than taking a screenshot and posting it (whether from the same computer or trying to move it to another device and posting it from elsewhere - you will be tracked easier).

The fact is, fake or not, the two screenshots being at the 6 second mark makes no difference as they could have just been trying to get a better picture. Mobile phone cameras are in general pretty crappy, so I end up taking multiple photos of anything to find the best one or two.

Like I said, I don't believe one way or another, but some of the "evidence" people are touting as proof this is fake are a bit off base.
    Last edited by Kelzam; 2013-08-17 at 10:25 PM.