Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    All the logos have mirrored elements in them.
    That may be, but if you notice the Landfall image posted earlier in the thread, the logo at least has altered shading on one side, and is not just consistent on both sides. Also, if that green fire on the logo is supposed to be animated, I doubt it would be a flipped effect.
    Last edited by RevenantReaper; 2013-08-18 at 12:51 AM.

Who'd name a patch "The Skysunder?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Who'd name a patch "The Skysunder?"
    Someone who was releasing a patch about the skies being sundered? Because it sounds better than.. "Meteors fell down". It's not like Blizzard hasn't used the word "sunder" before. "The Sundering"... "Sunder Armor"... It is a word frequently used to describe (among other things, as just mentioned...) meteors falling from the sky, or the sky being "split open", because of the incredible amount of energy released.

Calling next patch, "Patch 5.5 - Stuff Fell out of the Sky and it Sucked"

I could see it going either way. I didn't read much of the thread but I didn't really see anyone give a good, definitive reason as to why it's fake. It's a bad image, it could be a work in progress, it could be totally fake. Why do you even have to say it's fake and insult people who think there's a modicum of possibility it could be real? Does it make you feel better about yourself? Toxic behavior sure as hell doesn't stop outside the game...

Truly depressing that people of the human race are stupid enough to legitimately fall for nonsense like this.
    ^ this for example. I mean.. what the fuck? What is your deal? Why couldn't you just say "I think it looks fake." and move on? People drive me insane... what kind of hell of a life you must live if you have to constantly insult people like that over the most inane shit.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Someone who was releasing a patch about the skies being sundered? Because it sounds better than.. "Meteors fell down". It's not like Blizzard hasn't used the word "sunder" before. "The Sundering"... "Sunder Armor"... It is a word frequently used to describe (among other things, as just mentioned...) meteors falling from the sky, or the sky being "split open", because of the incredible amount of energy released.

Calling next patch, "Patch 5.5 - Stuff Fell out of the Sky and it Sucked"

I could see it going either way. I didn't read much of the thread but I didn't really see anyone give a good, definitive reason as to why it's fake. It's a bad image, it could be a work in progress, it could be totally fake. Why do you even have to say it's fake and insult people who think there's a modicum of possibility it could be real? Does it make you feel better about yourself? Toxic behavior sure as hell doesn't stop outside the game...

^ this for example. I mean.. what the fuck? What is your deal? Why couldn't you just say "I think it looks fake." and move on? People drive me insane... what kind of hell of a life you must live if you have to constantly insult people like that over the most inane shit.
    That would be a c-c-c-combo breaker by Blizz for having interesting patch names to just a straight up this happened patch name hahah

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Here, I found the thread.

Sundering sky and a stormcrow from torn sky fit perfectly together.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...m-the-sea-quot
    Okay so what is being hinted at here?

Because I read it and I don't see any hints, it all sounds like gibberish to me.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Okay so what is being hinted at here?

Because I read it and I don't see any hints, it all sounds like gibberish to me.
    This.
    Just too much overthinking.

An uncropped version of this image:

http://i.imgur.com/7Oq7rwn.jpg

Quoting myself from another thread discussing this:

Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    No, this was never proven fake. The The Dark Below logo was linked to Nick Reinhart, lordreinhart on these forums, and he admitted that it was fake. He stated that he had nothing to do with this logo, or had any idea who made it or where it came from. Then again his word isn't worth much at this point.

That said, the larger image of this logo (most are cropped not to show the 5.5 flame fx test title) shows the number of videos uploaded by the user. If this is believed to be real, then this picture was taken in-house by someone and was set to Private. I believe if that is the case then the number of videos should be an accurate total, rather than the 74 listed on their YouTube page (they have about 8 private videos I believe.) Zooming in on the picture I think I can make out a 7 as the first number so on those grounds alone I would say this is fake. It also looks like somebody purposefully airbrushed the number of videos to obfuscate them.

I could be wrong on that entire second paragraph though so take it with a grain of salt. I certainly don't know for sure.

*Edit* It's also been mentioned that of 16 or so patch logos at best one doesn't have a border around its patch number. So there's that.
    Also just the sheer fact that there are cropped and uncropped versions of this image makes it incredibly suspect. Why would you crop the image to conceal information that might make it seem more like "an inside job?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Your expectations are bit way too low. We won't be waiting that long for a new expansion.
    Ifit is announced at Blizzcon,we certainly will.It is pure math. They need the alpha and then the friends&family beta, then the public beta, and the public beta always takes at least 5-6 months. Trying to cut that down is not going to be possible.

That means, since everything is still super secret, they cannot be in friends&family beta yet, because then runours would have been all over the place. Even if they have an NDA, that is when stuff starts leaking. And then after that, 5-6 months of public beta. That brings us into q4 2014.

I am sure there will, as there always is, lots of "hey I think the xpac will drop sooner than most expect" rumours, just like there has been every xpac before. But they will be false and next expansion will drop in q4 2014 at earliest.

Get real please.

And yes, that means there has to be at least a 5.5, if not even a 5.6 as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the 5.5 video is obviously fake, because there is no way in hell Blizz would have a trailer for it already, let alone uploaded it to youtube of all places. Please use common sense folks.

Quoting myself from another thread discussing this:

Also just the sheer fact that there are cropped and uncropped versions of this image makes it incredibly suspect. Why would you crop the image to conceal information that might make it seem more like "an inside job?"
    Tried the URL and got "This video has been removed by the user."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azreal313 View Post
    Tried the URL and got "This video has been removed by the user."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zX1QEumV1A

Anyone know a way to see who uploaded that video? If it shows worldofwarcraft, then it's definitely real, or Blizzard is just trolling us.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Anyone know a way to see who uploaded that video? If it shows worldofwarcraft, then it's definitely real, or Blizzard is just trolling us.
    Someone got as far as "Nick cc Jason."

This could be Nick Reinhart linking the video (ccing) to his friend/colleague Jason, and he's a liar.

It could reference Blizzard's Nick Carpenter, Vice President of Art and Cinematics, and Jason Stilwell, Creative Development Director.

Or someone else entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

This was the post:

Quote Originally Posted by Vethon View Post
    If you look at the page source from the 2 removed youtube videos, they have some interesting tags/keywords etc.

Flame test
    /watch?v=1zX1QEumV1A

This video has <meta name="description" content="Jason flame effect, cc Nick">

Dark Below
    /watch?v=VFW_lqdVdIQ

And this video has <meta name="keywords" content="wow, hunter guides, hunter pvp, hunter, mabus, lordreinhart, nick reinhart, Warcraft">

Any one who Nick Reinhart is?
    And Ro9ue's response:

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Good call on looking at the page source. Games over now lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I guess it's still possible that they aren't connected, but since the meta description had Jason cc Nick, I'm going to guess they are friends and were both working on fake stuff. Jason being a lot better at creating fake leak stuff. Skysunder still looks Blizzard quality to me.

Yeah, I was playing with the URL, too. It's certainly a real link, and it's certainly one that was removed by the user for some reason or other. But that could be a (more elaborate) part of the fake. It certainly would add some curious legitimacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I looked up lordreinhart and Nick Reinhart and found his twitter and tumbler, so I would guess publicity. But then I wondered if he had been involved with WoW at some time because a search for the name in wowhead brought up an NPC named Rarthein which seems to be a play on that name, as they occasionally do with employees.

I'm not sure what to make of it, but if you google the video's id (1zX1QEumV1A) you get just two hits: this thread, and an archived 4chan thread in /vg/ with a single mention of the video: a screencap and the YouTube link we already have.

Also, I'd like to point out that this video is not private. It was deleted. If it was private I could retrieve stills from it, but I just get blank YouTube placeholder squares.

Deleted
    That is so well made regardless of credibility.

Ok after more digging I found a program called TubEmAll:

(I scanned the DL and it seems clean, but I honestly wouldn't recommend downloading it)

http://www.tubemall.net/TubEmAll_Setup.exe

and after running the program it does successfully parse all of Blizzard's YouTube videos.

The software is allegedly supposed to be able to see cached versions of private and deleted videos which you can then download, but nothing comes up labeled 5.5 flame fx test so either the program is faulty or Blizzard never made this video.

Both are entirely possible so take this with a huge grain of salt.
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-08-18 at 09:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scillion View Post
    Wrathion might have said more, but the only thing I remember that refers to the skies is: "the fires that once burned the sky will return. It is inevitable. The Burning Legion WILL find Azeroth."
    Indeed, but who says it's the next expansion, it might be one or two expansions ahead

10+ Year Old Account

As much as I would like a Burning Legion expac but this video has 17views and 14likes? fishy

also the crimson/read part of the logo seems to be based on the blood-elf architecture. don't know what that really means, could the sunwell be our 'light portal' to the twisting nether for our 'army of the light'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    also the crimson/read part of the logo seems to be based on the blood-elf architecture. don't know what that really means, could the sunwell be our 'light portal' to the twisting nether for our 'army of the light'?
    If we're getting another Legion expansion, I'd like to see a brand new aesthetic brought to the Legion and their strongholds and architecture.

In fact, I don't think we've seen that in WoW yet... last Legion buildings I saw were in WC3 when they made Dark Portals. The legion had a lot of machinery in BC, but no major fortresses of their own construction. Love to see something like that - the fiery citadels in the Firelands looked amazing, I'm imaging some demon-y version of those, with felgreen flame.

Ok, so ro9ue is back, and after asking him directly where he found the The Skysunder images he responded:

I'm pleading the fifth.

Let's just wait and see what happens in a few months. Might be real, might not.
    Pleading the Fifth implies that, among other things, if he were to tell us where he found the logo it would be self-incriminating.

When questioned by Xinjun:

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    The first person to post the second screenshot on MMO was ro9ue. Ro9ue, where did you find it?
    He responded:

I found it... INTHETOMBOFSARGERAS
    This leads me to two possible conclusions. Either:

A) ro9ue works for Blizzard

or far more likely

B) He is our leaker

While I think this logo looks great and is extremely well done, I don't think The Skysunder is a name Blizzard would use as there is already a cataclysmic event in the lore with a similar name:

http://wowpedia.org/Great_Sundering

The animated fire in the video appears to be symmetrical. This would be done only if the animator wanted to save time and is considered lazy animation.

The video for this logo was not set to private, it was deleted. This makes it impossible to find stills of the video through YouTube's thumbnail server.

This logo has multiple images, some cropped and some uncropped, and all seem to have been first posted by ro9ue. Why?

Cropped:

http://imgur.com/aLFX6Il

Uncropped:

http://imgur.com/7Oq7rwn

He also introduced the uncropped image in reponse to this quote:

Quote Originally Posted by bendak View Post
    These images are pretty epic fakes... they went through the trouble of not only photoshopping the wow youtube channel, but then taking a off-screen pic to add to the authenticity. But if they wanted people to truly believe, they would have taken a) more than one screen and b) taken a screen on something they couldn't easily photoshop, like some new in-game footage of a zone we've never seen before.
    His response (which admittedly made me giggle):

http://imgur.com/7Oq7rwn
    http://imgur.com/aLFX6Il

I count... One... AH AH AH... Two AH AH AH
    Where did he get the second image?

The logo also does not have a border around the patch number which contrasts with nearly 16 Blizzard patch logos. This isn't necessarily proof of anything, but it does break a pattern.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/the...craft/chapter7

From this, I'm going to personally go with option B.

tl;dr ro9ue done it. I also think he might be named Jason and in cahoots with Nick Reinhart (his handle on this forum is lordreinhart, and he admitted to fabricating the fake The Dark Below logo with the C'thun eye that was floating around.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vethon View Post
    If you look at the page source from the 2 removed youtube videos, they have some interesting tags/keywords etc.

Flame test
    /watch?v=1zX1QEumV1A

This video has <meta name="description" content="Jason flame effect, cc Nick">

Dark Below
    /watch?v=VFW_lqdVdIQ

And this video has <meta name="keywords" content="wow, hunter guides, hunter pvp, hunter, mabus, lordreinhart, nick reinhart, Warcraft">

Any one who Nick Reinhart is?
    There is one thing I can't account for though: if ro9ue is the leaker, then why is he content to just let everyone forget about The Skysunder? Content for us to just "wait and see what happens in a few months?" If it weren't for the fact that I keep bumping this thread in an effort to get to the bottom of this, it would have been buried by now. Strange.

Of course ro9ue might be giving vague answers without directly implicating himself in the hopes that we will suspect him and keep talking about this. If I had just let this topic die it would have been forgotten by now. Maybe I'm his patsy. My head hurts.

I should also note that there is a hidden option C) He works for Blizzard in some capacity *and* is our leaker.
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-08-19 at 05:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    They don't need to release 5.5 tomorrow, and it even says Test in the video. So that is not the final version, if it's real :P I'm sure the flame effects gets improved and borders get added if/when the time comes.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!