Thread: Reaper of Souls

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I LOOOOVE diablo... played from d1-d2-d3... i hate d3, its a INSULT to the diablo universe... But imma buy the expansion anyways... hopeing it will be somewhat what LOD was to D2. (Aka FREAKING FUCKING AWESOME)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Please god no, everyone I know hated those jungle areas with a passion.
    True, everyone i know that played d2 (10'ish) all hated Jungle areas. So did all friends i met online.

Quote Originally Posted by von Richthofen View Post
    The problem with that is, if the Prophecy of the End Days has indeed come true in just the base game, then the 'ultimate invasion of our world by the Burning Hells' should be happening in the first expansion. Since the teaser explicitly shows us one of those lines, that should mean the prophecy isn't completed. Couple that with the fact they planned for multiple expansions, and it definitely seems like the 'ultimate invasion' will be something we deal with later, and is possibly something we trigger ourselves in X1 since the hint involves us going to the Abyss (where all the demons we've killed in D3 and the 7 Prime Evils are, since no one smashed the Black Soulstone).
    That's just what Blizz wants you to think. In reality, Thrall will appear and save us all.

Possible hints from the Book of Tyrael preview:

Leah's importance - "In addition, Diablo III: Book of Tyrael features a fully removable illustration of the Leoric family tree and other influential characters from Old Tristram including Deckard Cain, Prince Albrecht, Archbishop Lazarus, King Leoric, Prince Aidan, Queen Asylla, Leah, and Adria." Leah is the daughter of the Dark Wanderer, aka the Warrior, who was retconned into being Prince Aidan.

The blame of 'Who in the Burning Hells threw Diablo (and the Black Soulstone we needed to smash, lest they all be reborn) off the edge?' lies with us, the Nephalem hero. There may also be a timeskip between the end of D3 and the start of the expansion, and Tyrael may be back on Sanctuary (or he just fled from the Court of Justice)

Valor shall turn to Wrath - this image is labeled as Imperius on the Insight Edition's site. Looks like he may have destroyed the statues of those angels.

Malthus - This image does not appear in the Blizzard preview, but can be found on the publisher's site, labeled Malthus. Very close to Malthael, and it looks like those could be the corrupt remnants of an angel's wing tendrils. Allegedly, the T-shirt design contest that started up a few days ago had 'Malthael (Good Version)' in the Terms and Rules, so Malthus could be the name of the 'evil version.'

On the other hand, Malthus exists in demonology. If the Seven Evils are in the Abyss, a power vacuum might have formed and Malthus could be one of the lesser demon lords that rises up. Or, he could be one of the remaining Sin Lieutenants. He could also be a figure from the past, since the book covers recent and past events.

And a cryptic hint from the official preview: "You're bound to encounter some familiar faces within its lush pages."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by von Richthofen View Post
    Possible hints from the Book of Tyrael preview:

The blame of 'Who in the Burning Hells threw Diablo (and the Black Soulstone we needed to smash, lest they all be reborn) off the edge?' lies with us, the Nephalem hero. There may also be a timeskip between the end of D3 and the start of the expansion, and Tyrael may be back on Sanctuary (or he just fled from the Court of Justice)
    So the whole "new dawn" epilogue with Tyrael as the new "Angel" of Wisdom was bullshit after all and we were the ones to throw Diablo off that edge? That was a bit unexpected to be honest.

I always hated the whole epilogue with Tyrael spouting about a new golden era of Angels and Men and that he will represent the Wisdom of the mortals. I never quite understood why a mortal could even live in heaven as a mortal angel and I recall many threads on the D3 boards about how this works with Tyrael as he is mortal and can´t just represent wisdom among the Archangels forever.

I have also thought that some guy like Imperius or Tyrael threw Diablo off the crystal arch but I never knew that it was US that committed that monumental FAIL. I mean our hero should have known that you have to fucking smash that black soulstone to destroy it or otherwise the 7 evils just respawn in hell and everything starts over again !! Unless Tyrael just wanted to cast the blame on our hero because he fucked up and threw diablo off that ledge.

Anyway I just hope that the expansion will have a better storytelling than the original game with BS like the epilogue.

I know there wasnt really any doubt (it was on an official blizz site) but Reapers of Soul is now officially trademaked. This isnt the scam TEAS that was posted for Dark Below, this is an official TESS found at uspto.gov (esssentially confirmed part of trademarks)
    See trademark serial number on imgur.

REAPER OF SOULS
    Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices, interactive multimedia computer game programs
    IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games, providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network, providing online news and information in the field of computer games

imgur.com/a/bRMeT
    Last edited by phenix; 2013-08-16 at 06:06 PM.

Deleted
    Doesn't anyone find it anticlimatic to go after one Archangel turned renegade after we just defeated the ultimate evil? I really don't understand how they can make this interesting, unless they come up with another deus ex machina like the black soulstone, but this time 100x more powerful or something. Still, that would be a lame choice, wouldn't it?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Doesn't anyone find it anticlimatic to go after one Archangel turned renegade after we just defeated the ultimate evil?
    That's sorta the whole point. The underlined is up for interpretation. How are we to know what is the ultimate evil? Just because they say it is? That's not a very compelling argument. There's a possibility that forces are at work greater than we have ever even known existed.

That's the sorta thing that keeps ideas like this going. I mean...sure Diablo is a great evil, but what if Death is more powerful? Clearly even death can come for evil. So would not death be a more formidable foe than evil? As Nephalem weren't supposed to exist and thus have never been accounted for in prophecy, what's the chance there are plenty of other things that shouldn't exist?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    So the whole "new dawn" epilogue with Tyrael as the new "Angel" of Wisdom was bullshit after all and we were the ones to throw Diablo off that edge? That was a bit unexpected to be honest.

I always hated the whole epilogue with Tyrael spouting about a new golden era of Angels and Men and that he will represent the Wisdom of the mortals. I never quite understood why a mortal could even live in heaven as a mortal angel and I recall many threads on the D3 boards about how this works with Tyrael as he is mortal and can´t just represent wisdom among the Archangels forever.

I have also thought that some guy like Imperius or Tyrael threw Diablo off the crystal arch but I never knew that it was US that committed that monumental FAIL. I mean our hero should have known that you have to fucking smash that black soulstone to destroy it or otherwise the 7 evils just respawn in hell and everything starts over again !! Unless Tyrael just wanted to cast the blame on our hero because he fucked up and threw diablo off that ledge.

Anyway I just hope that the expansion will have a better storytelling than the original game with BS like the epilogue.
    I think most of these questions will be answered in book of Tyrael.

I think thats a great name for the game

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post

Remember that the Prophecy begins with 'And at the End of Days, Wisdom shall be lost.' It could refer to Malthael being gone, but he's been gone for hundreds of years. Very, very fishy that they had Tyrael abandon Justice (it was somehow 'met' when we beat Diablo and threw him off, Soulstone intact) to claim Wisdom (and remain a mortal, to boot).

They also allegedly had 'former Archangel of Wisdom' on the previews until someone pointed it out. He is also listed as a 'former archangel' in the official write-ups. "As a former archangel of the High Heavens..." "Diablo III: Book of Tyrael takes players even further into the events in Sanctuary with a detailed and beautifully crafted book of lore as seen through the eyes of Tyrael, a former archangel of the High Heavens."

I have also thought that some guy like Imperius or Tyrael threw Diablo off the crystal arch but I never knew that it was US that committed that monumental FAIL.
    Yeah, I figured Diablo crawled off himself or it had to have been one of the angels since they thought things like, 'The day is won. Diablo is vanquished, and all evil with him.' while our hero says, 'I would not be so certain. True evil never really dies, does it?' 'Do not be so sure. True evil never really dies.' 'As long as the Burning Hells exist, there will still be evil, my friend.' 'Evil is not so easily vanquished.' 'I fear we have not seen the last of the demons of the Burning Hells.'

Tyrael had even told us "But the Black Soulstone is flawed and cannot contain that many demons for long. We must capture Azmodan within it and shatter it... lest all these Evils be reborn."

Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Maybe it's going to be something similar to the DK in WoW, but more spellcasterish. Diablo 3 needs another strenght based class
    I couldn't agree more - bring back the Necro but as more of an anti-paladin since the Pally is gone too - make him less (not entirely devoid of) minion-heavy and make it STR. I dig the idea.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Deleted
    I hope this game gets an expansion quick, it's getting boring after a while even if you love to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    I couldn't agree more - bring back the Necro but as more of an anti-paladin since the Pally is gone too - make him less (not entirely devoid of) minion-heavy and make it STR. I dig the idea.
    I really hope we are going to get at least two classes in each of the expansion(s). As much as I would like to see some of the old classes return, it could be even better if they hybridize them into new class concepts like the antipaladin/shadow knight/death knight/blackguard thing you guys thought of. (It may even be a necessity for something like the Amazon which lost a lot of bow skills to Demon Hunter)

My personal 'I want this!' class would be one based on the Dark Wanderer, since Nephalem have the powers of both angels and demons. You can see what kind of abilities it might have in this cinematic (although we'd be in control, of course). A mix of melee abilities (the Dark Wanderer was the Warrior), fire spells (Fireball, Fire Bolt, Inferno, Flame Wave, Fire Wall, and a massive AoE called Apocalypse as another Diablo throwback), something called Demonic Speed (which moves you faster than a brisk walk ), summoning of demons, swarms of vermin, and undead, demonic transformation, and dark magic (like the will-o-the-wisp thing flying around).

There were also two known class concepts that got scrapped and maybe could return.

Ranger - This was their original concept before it became Demon Hunter. It eventually evolved into a 'desert ranger' but they thought it looked too much like a melee character.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One of the things with that was when we were doing the desert ranger, we found that stuff was getting a little bit clunky, we had a little too much cloth on him. And while it looks really cool, it also starts looking bulkier. And whenever we start seeing a class that looks really bulky, we start thinking short sword, or daggers, or fist weapons - stuff you can melee with. We wanted to strive to stay away from that. There have been other ideas that we had that were really, really cool that I think we're going to save.
    Illusionist - Another of their original class designs, would have been a summoner-type class.

Originally Posted by Jay Wilson
    Early on, there were a few of us that were really hot on doing an Illusionist. It was a really interesting kind of pet class. But then a bunch of people said it kind of sounded like the “fairy” class – not in a positive manner! – so that kind of dropped off.

Lylirra (one of the Diablo CMs) posted a photo of the Diablo booth for Gamescom.

Some cool decorations there, including some of the angels' weaponry, a hand clasping a soulstone, and the Imperius stained glass from Tristram Cathedral (as seen in Wrath and the intro cinematic).

Deleted

"Teaser From One of D3's Biggest Chinese Fan Sites
    A banner on one of China's biggest D3 fan sites, burning up to reveal what is supposed to be an expansion teaser, was pointed to us by DamienJohn. The burnt area is getting wider every day and right now, on Day 6, we can already spot cathedral windows sneaking up on the background.
    Of course, this could simply be nothing major at all or even a creative way for the site to introduce its own redesign, but only time (and people working on said site) can tell the truth.
    Check out the progress in the images bellow and if you have more information about the site's teasing project, let us know in the comments!"

source: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1969-...eekly-roundup/
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7960916667

Deleted
    Oh god, im so excited!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to murder Imperius.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    I can't wait to murder Imperius.
    And murder the forums when you never get loot in loot 2.0
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    If this image is indeed legit then it means that the Black soulstone is somewhere in the high heavens and that Imperius tries to claim it or argues with the other Archangels over it.

It also means that the Black soulstone was found or caught by someone while it was falling or after it fell.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the Archangels all have their weapons drawn so there has to be some fighting in this teaser. Maybe someone evil tries to claim the soulstone and the angels are there to stop it? Maybe Malthael? or Imperius himself (tho he does not look like he is fighting against the other Archangels).

I would also love to know who located the Black soulstone after it fell or who caught it during fall. I still think that it was Imperius as he was nowhere to be found after the Diablo kill (Tyrael, Auriel and Itherael where all present after the kill)