Thread: Reaper of Souls

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Tbh, i wouldn't be surprised if they did this by purpose.

"Not even death can save you from me" can (with the new revelations and some assumptions) mean that Malthael is actually trying a new approach to get rid of Diablo and the Prime Evils becoming the Angel of Death - very likely including the destruction of Sanctuary in the process, but this doesn't change the fact that the ultimate purpose of Malthael is defeating completely the infernal forces. hence, Tyrael's sword won't harm him, because his ultimate goal is defeating the "bad guys". In the grand scheme of things, where we shouldn't even exist, we are completely expendable.

The Diablo quote basically means "even Malthael solution won't be enough and i will return".
    It is possible they are doing that call back intentionally. Though I personally think the reason Tyrael's sword didn't harm him is simply due to becoming the Angel of Death he's learned some for of intangibility. Or could be as simple as Death doesn't discern between just and unjust for why the sword of Justice can't stop him.

I do agree that I think that Mathael's goal is the destruction of All demons, which unfortunately for Sanctuary means all humans must perish as well since they are all half demon.

Honestly I always took Diablo's line from D2 when he's summoned, 'Not even Death can save you from me." As that even after he kills you he is just going to spend an eternity torturing your soul.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazkar View Post
    It is possible they are doing that call back intentionally. Though I personally think the reason Tyrael's sword didn't harm him is simply due to becoming the Angel of Death he's learned some for of intangibility. Or could be as simple as Death doesn't discern between just and unjust for why the sword of Justice can't stop him.
    Josh M. confirmed in that interview where he was doing weird hand gestures that the reason the sword didn't touch him is because his cause is just/righteous/whatever. It's not from magic Death powers.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Josh M. confirmed in that interview where he was doing weird hand gestures that the reason the sword didn't touch him is because his cause is just/righteous/whatever. It's not from magic Death powers.
    Ah I missed that interview.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing always bugged me about D3, aside from being a good game. The(I learned in D3 I'm a DERP) Humans being half Human half angel or what not). I hate that, I don't know why, I just do. But don't listen to me, I don't know what I'm talking about. :P
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    One thing always bugged me about D3, aside from being a good game. The(I learned in D3 I'm a DERP) Humans being half Human half angel or what not). I hate that, I don't know why, I just do. But don't listen to me, I don't know what I'm talking about. :P
    Nephalem are half angel, half demons. let me fill you in on some lore. Some angels and demons didn't want to participate in continuous war, so they stole the worldstone and created Sanctuary. There, angels and demons interbred, their offspring were called nephalem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    Nephalem are half angel, half demons. let me fill you in on some lore. Some angels and demons didn't want to participate in continuous war, so they stole the worldstone and created Sanctuary. There, angels and demons interbred, their offspring were called nephalem.
    Yes....I know?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah I missed that interview.
    Yeah that was one of the more cut and dry answers, but he did have a smile when he answered it. Kinda like a: You guys are really smart and yes it is that obvious. He seems to enjoy the lore and design of the game a great deal. I think they made a stellar move in getting Wilson off the project and picking up someone with some love in his heart for the game.

I think we'll see the dividends of that choice very soon.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah that was one of the more cut and dry answers, but he did have a smile when he answered it. Kinda like a: You guys are really smart and yes it is that obvious. He seems to enjoy the lore and design of the game a great deal. I think they made a stellar move in getting Wilson off the project and picking up someone with some love in his heart for the game.

He's also hinting that PC gamers are getting some love soon. I'm really hoping that Loot 2.0 shows up way ahead of the actual expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yes....I know?
    I do not know why you would hate that, its a great premise for a character/people, guess everyone is different.

10+ Year Old Account

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Jay Wilson, the fact that he left the team was the best decision they could have done. While I don't hold a personal grudge against the guy the way some in the community did, it's next to impossible having decent PR for the game when Jay's infamous reputation was constantly getting in the way for valuable conversations and feedback. The new guy seems to be precisely what the game needed to shift focus to the important stuff instead of all this tiresome melodrama.

Suggesting that Jay Wilson didn't love the game is farcical. These guys are being allowed to set everything back to how it was in the 2008~2010 Jay Wilson interviews/Blizzcon panels. That's all.

If my hunch is correct, I think he'll do more good where he is now. Considering his history in developing RTSs, I think it's more than obvious that he was moved to Legacy of the Void. Best move for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Suggesting that Jay Wilson didn't love the game is farcical
    Just because someone was passionate 10 years ago, doesn't mean they are now. So no, it's not farcical. It's pretty much dead on that Blizzard thought they needed a fresh person who was enthusiastic about the game and its fans. I'm not pointing fingers at Jay alone, but he was the face of everything wrong with D3.

Whether his passion died with the response he got or died well before that, he wasn't a person capable of righting the ship. Fans thought so, Blizzard thought so, he probably thought so. No need to rush to someone's defense when it's just objective criticism. Josh is clearly having fun. Sometimes that's all it takes to make a game magical again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Regardless of what anyone thinks of Jay Wilson, the fact that he left the team was the best decision they could have done. While I don't hold a personal grudge against the guy the way some in the community did, it's next to impossible having decent PR for the game when Jay's infamous reputation was constantly getting in the way for valuable conversations and feedback. The new guy seems to be precisely what the game needed to shift focus to the important stuff instead of all this tiresome melodrama.
    Precisely. Well said.
    BAD WOLF

I loved the Reaper of Souls trailer, and am looking forward to the expansion. I'm not a direhard player but I go in and out of bouts with D3, definitely going to try out the Crusader, always loved heavy armor classes but never been a big fan of the D3 Barb, just not my personal taste over all.

Though honestly the trailer did get me thinking about D2....notably Diablo's summoning line right before you fought him....Which made me think about Mathael's line in the trailer more....So I decided to put the two together in a simple splice with trailer footage >.>

Diablos voice still gives me shivers. The first time I heard that in a multiplayer game on d2 I had to walk away, get up, pee so i didn't piss myself, and then eat some food, so I had something to vomit if it happened again...

I was like 12 at the time...