Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Expected minimum item level for Siege of Orgrimmar Normal mode?

As stated above. I'm trying to get prepared for the next tier of content, just wondering what ilvl should be at to effectively progress in it. I'm a DPS (Elemental Shaman).

Deleted
    There has never been a minimum item level to enter raids so I guess LFR Siege of Orgrimmar ILvL should be the minimum to do well, especially for the four first bosses (IIRC, they said those 4 bosses were to introduce players to the raid so they are a little bit easier).

Or TOT Normal Ilvl, whichever is lowest.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would expect the Ilvl for normal SoO will be what you can get in normal ToT, Aka 522. Blizzard stated that they wanted normal guild to do natural progression meaning if you only do normal modes the whole expansion you should be good to go.

If I recall correctly we where scaled to 520 in the first fights on the PTR, which kinda also gives you a clue on where to be.

We're aiming to have our alts at minimum 535 ilvl for 2x normal clears the first reset. Mixed with our +550 mains, it means we'll have an average of atleast 540.
    To "progress", expect 520-530 to be a "good" level - basicly, what getting full LFR gear would end up giving you (and what keeping up with a full normal clear + VP upgrades would give you if you raided in ToT).

Deleted
    520 is what normal imm was balanced around, garrosh was 550

10+ Year Old Account
    Full normal 522's + upgrades = 530. Around there.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Wing 1 was tuned around 520 with each subsequent wing being 10 higher. Remember this was PTR though.

10+ Year Old Account
    574 with cutting edge Garrosh feat.
    That's what pugs ask these days right?
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    574 with cutting edge Garrosh feat.
    That's what pugs ask these days right?
    Very probably

PTR testing had scaled ilvls, anything lower would get scaled up, anything higher would get scaled down.
    The first part of siege normal testing was 520, the middle was 530 and the end was 540.
    Some of the bosses were complete pushovers (Spoils, 540 fight i think), and some were overturned (Blackfuse). However, this is just the testing period so they know how to tune it. But overall if you're a decent guild you can start siege at 520, or you can do flex and get the 540 gear and then overgear normals with everyone having the ~528 ilvl lfr gear, 540 flex gear and finish off garrosh with everyone having 553 upgraded gear from normals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxiel View Post
    PTR testing had scaled ilvls, anything lower would get scaled up, anything higher would get scaled down.
    The first part of siege normal testing was 520, the middle was 530 and the end was 540.
    Some of the bosses were complete pushovers (Spoils, 540 fight i think), and some were overturned (Blackfuse). However, this is just the testing period so they know how to tune it. But overall if you're a decent guild you can start siege at 520, or you can do flex and get the 540 gear and then overgear normals with everyone having the ~528 ilvl lfr gear, 540 flex gear and finish off garrosh with everyone having 553 upgraded gear from normals.
    With the absurdly high ilvl of gear dropping from normals, 520 is a good place to start considering the low tuning of the first 4 bosses (as per the GC interview).
    I mean, if you're still 520 you're probably not going to clear much for a while, but at least you will get high ilvl gear along the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Random question, is it possibely to achive say Ilvl 520 inn 5.4 without LFR and not spending more than 25-100k gold inn maybe a months time?

Edit; I ask because I haven't keept up with wow at all really inn MOP, so not sure about the ways off gearing.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

first bosses are supposed to be easier (this wasn't true for ToT, horridon :P)

so you will be ok with less than full normal mode ToT, say, 520ish ilevel.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Random question, is it possibely to achive say Ilvl 520 inn 5.4 without LFR and not spending more than 25-100k gold inn maybe a months time?

Edit; I ask because I haven't keept up with wow at all really inn MOP, so not sure about the ways off gearing.
    why can't you LFR?

what gear do you have atm?

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    why can't you LFR?

what gear do you have atm?
    Don't feel like running LFR. I could consider it, but Im not a fan off it.

Got like Ilvl 365. All that gear was gotten inn the first 3 weeks into MOP - The only time inn MOP I "properly" played my druid, then quitted and checked 5.2 out later for pvp etc. MOP hasen't interested me at all, but with 5.4 being last patch I was hoping to catch up and see the content, and consider if I want more than that.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

520 is what PTR was scaled to so that's what is tuned for. But most likely Normal modes will be something you only clear with your guild same with HC and flex you can pug

It is possible if you go on the timeless isle, get the timeless items and use the occasional burden to create a 535 ilvl item, but this gear isn't going to be as good as stuff you get from drops in instances. Conversely, the flex raid has no ilvl requirement if you know some people that wouldn't mind carrying you through some content.

10+ Year Old Account
    520 or so, I saw a guy asking for 535 for Flexible on Trade, man did I give him so much shit for it lol.

you can get 535 in about a weeks time if you hit the isle hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.