Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    520 or so, I saw a guy asking for 535 for Flexible on Trade, man did I give him so much shit for it lol.
    On my server its 540+ for wing 3.

Deleted
    Also depends on the skill, the difference this can make is very apparent now that people have geared up fast on timeless isle. I main hunter & with ilvl 530 I was hitting about 150k dps single target. I'm now seeing Hunters in LFR with 535 timeless isle stuff barely scraping 60k dps.

I'd say if you can maintain about 120k dps single-target (fully raid-buffed) then you're good to go & start normal mode SoO.

Generally I'd agree that 520 should be about right but you'll be able to get away with 510-ish if you've got some skill.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    First boss could be done with like 500 iLvL.

For the most part I would say roughly 520 for the first part, 530 for the second part, 540 for the third part and 545-550 for the last part.

Heroic pretty starts where that left off. Ranging from ~550 to 565. Although not all of us are god mode raiders like the people who killed it first and that range will probably be more like ~550-575.

530 or higher minimum. yes 520 is a nice idea but even the best raiders need around 530 or more to beat some of the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuzantar View Post
    On my server its 540+ for wing 3.
    Saw someone asking 540+ for wing 2 flex last night. Made me wonder whatta hell was s/he smoking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exorbitance View Post
    Saw someone asking 540+ for wing 2 flex last night. Made me wonder whatta hell was s/he smoking.
    I have been asking for 540+ in my 3 weekly runs since week 1 of patch, probably gonna up it to 545 this week.

A lot of folks ask for 540+ flex runs simply b/c they want a quickie without a lot of hassle, esp if it's all pugs. For normals, I echo what Tojara said above: 520 to start.

Deleted
    If your average ilvl in normal mode is 525 then good fucking luck on Norushen. Really though, I think that 530-535 should be enough to start progressing, but you probably won't get too far without some proper upgrades/people getting legendaries.

Deleted
    520 or so, I saw a guy asking for 535 for Flexible on Trade, man did I give him so much shit for it lol.
    Why?

It is HIS run, HIS rules.

Some people like having a smooth run with a chance of a trinket or tier bits.

If you don't like HIS rules make your own run, and you can have YOUR rules.

Really really get irritated by this attitude.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2013-10-10 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Why?

It is HIS run, HIS rules.

Some people like having a smooth run with a chance of a trinket or tier bits.

If you don't like HIS rules make your own run, and you can have YOUR rules.

Really really get irritated by this attitude.
    Cmon it's silly. And just because it's his run who says you're not allowed to bash him?

Deleted
    God forbid someone not wanting to carry random scrubs.

For normal, around 525 is the minimum. I'd recommend to have at least 535-540, which is pretty darn easy to get nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Cmon it's silly. And just because it's his run who says you're not allowed to bash him?
    No it is NOT SILLY at all in the slightest.

OK, lets say I am in a 8/14 normal guild.

I want to do Flex for Tier bits or a chance of a trinket or maybe a weapon upgrade.

Which option would I go for....

A) Do flex with similar geared people and similar progression.

B) Do flex with a lot of people who have never been in SoO, maybe just LFR and lets say have 520 gear.

I am sorry but I would 100% go with A).

As I say if you don't like his rules do your own run then you can make up the rules.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2013-10-10 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Grammmmmmmmer

I wanted to be on your side about this. What's the point of going to a 540 loot instance if you already likely have a ton of gear upgraded to over 540 to begin with?

Tier bonuses and weapons. That's honestly reason enough.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

530 is bare minimum to get past norushen, 540 is about bare minimum to kill thok

Of course it applies to average raider dps, and above average players could do it with less

520 for first wing, 530 for second, 535/540 for the rest.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I wanted to be on your side about this. What's the point of going to a 540 loot instance if you already likely have a ton of gear upgraded to over 540 to begin with?

Tier bonuses and weapons. That's honestly reason enough.
    That's the thing, this guy was asking for 535 for the FIRST wing, that's why I gave him shit. I'd understand if he said 3rd/4th Wing, sure, that'll be hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the thing, this guy was asking for 535 for the FIRST wing, that's why I gave him shit. I'd understand if he said 3rd/4th Wing, sure, that'll be hell.
    Here's the number one issue of people putting together pugs these days. 535 Ilvl just means that you happened upon the Timeless Isle and camped there for a few days. I've never been a big proponent of Ilvl requirements for Pugs, I try to use achievements and scout their armory myself. That being said, we have no real litmus test for "Skill" only for amount of loot earned which infers that they have done the raid a few times at least on lfr/flex. The fact that you can aquire 535 from the isle, 528 from LFR and 540 from flex, all of which you can upgrade 2x I would say 535-540 isn't really that terrible of a requirement.

I have a hard time getting into some flex's on my Paladin sometimes because she just eclipsed 536 (Late bloomer alt no legendary stuff so I don't get the bonus Ilvl from the cloak). But usually can get invited with an achievement link or just a quick talk with the raid leader.

Remember too, if someone is an ahole and talks down to you about your ilvl, probably don't want to be stuck with them for a whole raid anyways. There are lots more out there that will take you!

There's plenty of weapons and trinkets to be gained from the first wing, too. Flexing for those over previous tier heroics could still be a major boost.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Exorbitance View Post
    I don't see why people wonder about this... I doubt he thinks 540 is what it really takes to clear it. What he probably thinks is that a requirement that high likely means you have done at least some normal mode raiding on that toon (or you were really lucky from flex) and that you are bringing a higher amount of gear than needed to account for possible risk of less skill in the raid. Both of these are going to increase the chance of a clean run, and if the guy can fill his raid that way in what he deems an acceptable amount of time, why wouldn't he?

As Firefly posted right below you, don't be shocked if you see that number go up soon as 540 is quickly becoming not enough to gate the casuals as well. I don't want to imply that all casual raiders are bad, but on average, yeah they are going to be worse. Its kind of like how a college degree is a huge bonus / requirement when looking at some jobs even though they are still going to have you go through their full standard training anyway. Its a way to decrease the likelihood of wasting your time and effort.

And if theres confusion about requiring 540 when the place drops 540, if you're doing normals even casually on an alt and have some 561 gear and are at avg of 540 then obviously some of your pieces are quite a bit under what is dropping.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2013-10-12 at 03:55 AM.

pretty sure blizzard's intent is that you should have reg mode ilevel from the previous tier to do the new tier.

I mean, i personally warrior tanked a reg mode run at 515 ilevel and i did fine, although i did feel spiky, but nothing great cooldown usage cannot fix.

With timeless isle, burdens LFR, flex and itemupgrade, it should be pretty easy to reach a bit higher than 522 though..