Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Here's a little interesting idea for a glyph (won't happen, just an idea) make it so disengage no longer launches you backwards unless you are jumping or in the air, making it so we can use it as a heal without jumping all over the place every 7 seconds.
    Last edited by Trictagon; 2013-09-10 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    AMoC for BM is straight out of the question ? as some people were saying it was a marginal increase, wanted to make sure..

And yea the numbers now make sense.. testing it with a haste > crit > mastery reforge was skewing results in mastery's favor.. I'll try and run my own sims if and when I get a chance (hopefully before patch hits) and confirm..
    I ran ToTH+AMoC and it actually nudges out ToTH+BS by about 1k dps, so I've updated my post above to reflect this. I'm re-running the full scaling and reforge run for it but that takes an hour or so, so I will update the post again. I don't think scaling graphs will change much, but it may slightly. Whether or not taking AMoC is worth the loss of mobility is another question, but for stationary fights, it would be a slight DPS increase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    AMoC and Blink Strikes in the same spec? I call shenanigans.
    Click the link, it's actually AMoC/Dire Beast. I mislabeled it. Fixed now.
    Valen - Temerity of Windrunner (25H US #15) - always recruiting!

Does Disengage still stop auto attack like it did in 5.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Valen View Post
    I ran ToTH+AMoC and it actually nudges out ToTH+BS by about 1k dps, so I've updated my post above to reflect this. I'm re-running the full scaling and reforge run for it but that takes an hour or so, so I will update the post again. I don't think scaling graphs will change much, but it may slightly. Whether or not taking AMoC is worth the loss of mobility is another question, but for stationary fights, it would be a slight DPS increase.
    Original post updated. AMoC+ToTH seems to be optimal for BM and SV both. Blink Strikes is competitive and may be ideal for different encounters (either for mobility or because AMoC can't be used on cooldown and for full duration) but AMoC beats it on a patchwork.

what about MM PVP?

Deleted
    well, i just gemmed and reforged for crit, going into patch as SV. Quite happy crit is the go to stat again, its a lot more fun than haste :-P

So I've been simming over and over again in my current gear on PTR and I keep getting Mastery over the other 2. This clashes with everything I've seen on this forum so it's a bit perplexing and I don't really wanna go into Mastery until I'm sure it's the best way to go. Can anyone explain this to me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by germanpk View Post
    what about MM PVP?
    get out of here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zetka View Post
    So I've been simming over and over again in my current gear on PTR and I keep getting Mastery over the other 2. This clashes with everything I've seen on this forum so it's a bit perplexing and I don't really wanna go into Mastery until I'm sure it's the best way to go. Can anyone explain this to me?
    Think this was explained a page or so back.
    With 550 ish item level you have around 13000 haste and some 6000 crit and 3000 mastery rating. With the current stats mastery does scale really well with high haste & crit. If you would go max mastery the value of mastery will drop cause of low leverls of haste/crit. This is most likley why mastery will never beat crit/haste cause mastery does not play well alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Think this was explained a page or so back.
    With 550 ish item level you have around 13000 haste and some 6000 crit and 3000 mastery rating. With the current stats mastery does scale really well with high haste & crit. If you would go max mastery the value of mastery will drop cause of low leverls of haste/crit. This is most likley why mastery will never beat crit/haste cause mastery does not play well alone.
    Great answer, thanks for that.

Deleted
    My brain hurts from SimCing and Femaledwarf.
    According to FD, going Crit > Haste > Mastery is better for me, however SimC puts mastery over haste with crit ahead.
    Think I'll stick with Crit > Haste > Mastery and see how it pans out.

Also been working on the trinket situation, assurance is coming out not that great for SV as it doesn't reduce much useful stuff, so Haromm's + Ebon for SV and then Assurance + Ebon for BM. The proc from Assurance lines up really well with the reduced stampedes so will be a great dps boost.
    Also considered dropping Engi for a passive agi proffession since the gloves will de-sync from reduced TBW. But, as there is only possibly one or two fights where BM will be a better spec, it may be better to stick with Engi for the large amount of SV play. At least I'm planning on being SV on pretty much all the fights other than Malkorok and any other fight where I can ignore adds / other mechanics and just tunnel.

Had a chat with some of the top Hunters from TN, and Fervor + BS for SV is looking to be the most viable non-sim combo. With AMoC only being taken when the fights have a longer enrage / can be used at the right time with minimal downtime, or on stuff like Malkorok for the 35% damage buff he gains on phase transition. However as I said before, you'd be BM on Malkorok anyway.
    Last edited by mmocf1863c281f; 2013-09-11 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oumi View Post
    My brain hurts from SimCing and Femaledwarf.

According to FD, going Crit > Haste > Mastery is better for me, however SimC puts mastery over haste with crit ahead.

Think I'll stick with Crit > Haste > Mastery and see how it pans out.
    It's very hard to rely on femaledwarf's scaling of haste because of how it simulates things; it does one run with fixed procs. Haste can make it gain or lose casts of some spells, such that just adding a few points of haste can raise or lower DPS in pretty big swings.

I personally trust simc more for this kind of weight comparison, but it's much harder to use and time consuming to get right.

mastery feels real good right now over haste

While we're on the topic of stats and stuff, how do you guys gem? Is a +60crit yellow/blue socket bonus worth using hybrid gems (agl/crit and agl/hit)? I'm trying out the crit>haste>mast route for now.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

10+ Year Old Account
    If a socket bonus isn't agility or a helm bonus with 180+ crit/hit, it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    If a socket bonus isn't agility or a helm bonus with 180+ crit/hit, it's not worth it.
    Hm very well! It's just that I noticed Hunters going for socket bonuses with agl/haste gems for yellow sockets for +60crit or haste bonuses when haste was the craze.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    get out of here
    What a st***d M*F* you are? I just asked a question and if you don't able to answer S***U.

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Hm very well! It's just that I noticed Hunters going for socket bonuses with agl/haste gems for yellow sockets for +60crit or haste bonuses when haste was the craze.
    depends what else you are gaining, most of the hunters doing this are trusting sites like ask mr robot, some top hunters like fatal said this site was 100% acurate and most ppl just go there do their reforges.

for me it was telling me that i should gem into haste agi for a 60 mastery socket. this was 5.3

sometimes the 80 agi wont outweight 160 haste+60 crit or more like the 220 crit.

Quote Originally Posted by germanpk View Post
    What a st***d M*F* you are? I just asked a question and if you don't able to answer S***U.
    Can we stop the language please? If you feel that a post is insulting or inflammatory you can use the report post button and it will be dealt with. Responding like that is only going to make things worse.

This thread is more centered around 5.4 PVE which may be why you haven't received a response. If you would like add more attention to your question, you could try making a thread and seeing if you get an answer that way.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

this is interesting. my 3 coins got me CDR trinket, WF weapon, and tier gloves. Ended normal malkrok at like 278k as BM (straight single target fight), feelsgoodman.jpg. WTB working WorldofLogs

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Can we stop the language please? If you feel that a post is insulting or inflammatory you can use the report post button and it will be dealt with. Responding like that is only going to make things worse.

This thread is more centered around 5.4 PVE which may be why you haven't received a response. If you would like add more attention to your question, you could try making a thread and seeing if you get an answer that way.
    The topic doesn't say anything about pve only and so i asked a simple question wich was responded very rude so I told oggy what i think about him and his manner in a way which one he understand.