Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Hunter 5.4 Stat Priority

I honestly haven't followed PTR all that much, been taking a break from content since hitting 550 ilvl. before going back hard into it.

Will we be going back to CRIT > HASTE > MASTERY ... or to CRIT > MASTERY > HASTE

With the changes to how haste affects (or rather doesn't affect) RPPM, my money is on going back to a Crit >Haste > Mastery reforge.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    For BM at least, people have been suggesting haste will probably be the top stat even after the RPPM change. No idea if it's correct, but before we get a proper number pass, it's impossible for anyone to say anyway.

Problably CRIT > HASTE > MASTERY for the dps in 10man and CRIT > MASTERY > HASTE for the extra reduction in 25man

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    Problably CRIT > HASTE > MASTERY for the dps in 10man and CRIT > MASTERY > HASTE for the extra reduction in 25man
    What is this reduction you speak of... Stat prio can't suddenly change depending on 10 or 25

Based on the fact that his signature lists a monk armory first and this thread is not titled specifically enough to indicate it is in the hunter forum, I'm guessing he clicked on this thread in the "recent forum posts" box on the main page and thought it was talking about BrewMaster monks rather than BeastMastery hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    Based on the fact that his signature lists a monk armory first and this thread is not titled specifically enough to indicate it is in the hunter forum, I'm guessing he clicked on this thread in the "recent forum posts" box on the main page and thought it was talking about BrewMaster monks rather than BeastMastery hunters.
    yeah.... be nice if everyone (and I'm guilty of it too) would include the class in the thread title

Well. My bad I misread the posts and thought it meant to have been posted in the monk thread. My bad. Trying to move this back to the hunter forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, it's back to the hunters forums.

To answer your question: we will still have Real PPM effects that scale off of haste. Remember only agi procs don't scale with haste. So with that in mind, I am pretty sure we will see crit > haste > mastery for SV and something like haste = crit > mastery for BM or crit > haste > mastery.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-08-14 at 04:00 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Crit > haste > mastery is the likely target as SV and BM are too close to call, and the difference between crit and haste for BM is going to be negligible.

I'm inclined to say that crit will be better for BM and it will probably be the best route since SV is definitely crit.

Deleted
    I'll be going back to crit as well.

Wouldn't it be best to go for haste as BM for aoe fights? Since beast cleave cant crit, and that'll give the pet more cleaves.

I thought Beast Cleave would "crit" but it just make more damage and shows as a hit? Remember something like that from the 5.3 PTR discussion thread.

edit: looked at my log and I can't actually see the damage spread on my beastcleave, maybe it's just cuz I just woke up
    Last edited by shanattah; 2013-08-15 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walajanilu View Post
    Wouldn't it be best to go for haste as BM for aoe fights? Since beast cleave cant crit, and that'll give the pet more cleaves.
    I think it would be best to just go SV for aoe fights honestly. As of right now, SV and BM are a lot closer than they were this tier. BM isn't definitively better at all anymore.

Deleted
    Haste gives more basic attacks and beast cleave takes it's damage from those. I'd say we have to balance haste and crit to get maximum uptime in go for the throat.

I'm pretty sure after the Real PPM nerf, that we will be going back to crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I'm pretty sure after the Real PPM nerf, that we will be going back to crit.
    Since we will probably be reforging crit > haste, would it make any sense to get back to the old Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (2/2) & Terror in the Mists (H 2/2) or Bottle of the Infinite Stars (H 2/2) trinket combination the day the patch arrives? Or is it worth to keep any of the normal/heroic RPPM trinkets although we're losing some haste from our reforges?

Quote Originally Posted by Nafte View Post
    Since we will probably be reforging crit > haste, would it make any sense to get back to the old Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (2/2) & Terror in the Mists (H 2/2) or Bottle of the Infinite Stars (H 2/2) trinket combination the day the patch arrives? Or is it worth to keep any of the normal/heroic RPPM trinkets although we're losing some haste from our reforges?
    The trinkets won't scale with haste either way, so I think it will be best to stick with the real ppm trinkets until you can get some out of SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    Yeah my bad I just read BM :P

pretty sure i will be going CRIT > MASTERY > HASTE as BM come 5.4