PvP Arena type Games

Are there any good PvP Arena games similar to World of Warcraft Arena or Bloodline Champions?

I've played DC Universe Online, but they sort of ruined their pvp system and increased the amount of pve grind needed in order to PvP.

I've looked into Forge, but somehow, it doesn't interest me that much.

I've played LoL, Dota 2 and still play it on and off... but these belong in their own category and are not what i'm looking for.

Also tried Tera Online, the pvp system is not very good, and this game also requires a tremendous amount of grind as well.

Does anyone know of any pure PvP Arena Games without the pve grind?

I really want to find a game that's all about skills, individual/team plays, while at the same time, allow you to just log on and queue for matches - but pure combat pvp though without the nexus/towers and minions.

Bloodline champions and wow arena are the closest thing to what i'm looking for, but sadly bloodline champions has died off pretty much, and WoW just takes too long to grind that there's no point for me to even try grinding it for its arena.

If anyone knows a good game, plz let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Uptick View Post
    Are there any good PvP Arena games similar to World of Warcraft Arena or Bloodline Champions?

I've played DC Universe Online, but they sort of ruined their pvp system and increased the amount of pve grind needed in order to PvP.

I've looked into Forge, but somehow, it doesn't interest me that much.

I've played LoL, Dota 2 and still play it on and off... but these belong in their own category and are not what i'm looking for.

Also tried Tera Online, the pvp system is not very good, and this game also requires a tremendous amount of grind as well.

Does anyone know of any pure PvP Arena Games without the pve grind?

I really want to find a game that's all about skills, individual/team plays, while at the same time, allow you to just log on and queue for matches - but pure combat pvp though without the nexus/towers and minions.

Bloodline champions and wow arena are the closest thing to what i'm looking for, but sadly bloodline champions has died off pretty much, and WoW just takes too long to grind that there's no point for me to even try grinding it for its arena.

If anyone knows a good game, plz let me know!
    well the grind for arena isn't that bad because you can now cath up easy in wow.

and dud you look at http://www.panzar.com

Your best bet is a MOBA but that isn't really an arena pvp game. The only one I can think of is the one you have already played, Forge. Otherwise look at some FPS games or something like Firefall. Could try GW2 as well (that has an upfront cost though) as you don't have to worry about any PVE to get into the pvp arena/battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Your best bet is a MOBA but that isn't really an arena pvp game. The only one I can think of is the one you have already played, Forge. Otherwise look at some FPS games or something like Firefall. Could try GW2 as well (that has an upfront cost though) as you don't have to worry about any PVE to get into the pvp arena/battlegrounds.
    but is gw2's pvp any good at all? does it have a lot of depth and has a highly competitive scene? does it just get boring after a while?
    Last edited by Uptick; 2013-08-14 at 04:02 PM.

that's pretty subjective. I think it's pretty good.

Hawken is sort of what you are asking for. If you don't mind being a big robot, natch.

Otherwise, Guild Wars 2 if what you truly want is PVP in an MMO context. Which it seems you sorta do by the reference to World of Warcraft Arena PVP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hawken is sort of what you are asking for. If you don't mind being a big robot, natch.

Otherwise, Guild Wars 2 if what you truly want is PVP in an MMO context. Which it seems you sorta do by the reference to World of Warcraft Arena PVP.
    Agree, however, the 'real' pvp is based on capturing points, not on something like '2v2 arena'

Is there any other mmos besides wow that has non-objective based deathmatch style arenas?

10+ Year Old Account
    mechwarrior online could be worth a look. it is still in the open beta phase so they change much but it is rather polished for its stage i would say.

pure pvp in small teams, much customisation for your mech, a "round feel" for controls and movement, relatively lively comunity (and rather mature for a ftp game).
    the combat is rather slow though if you are not playing a scout and more centered on strategy and teamplay than a fast trigger finger.

i would take a look. it doesn't cost anything.

for more rpg pvp i think wow is sadly still the "best". the problem with pretty much all other online rpg games is the somehow sluggish controls and movement. something that feels "off". it is not allways easy to describe but it massively hinders my ability to enjoy those games ... far more than any balanceproblems or itemgrinding ever could.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

I've heard good things about Hawken honestly. It might be worth checking out. In the same mechanical vein, there is World of Tanks which I know a lot of people enjoy.

Another option later this year will be SWTOR. They're adding a PvP Arena system in October (I believe). Whether it will be any good is anyone's guess right now. I would imagine it would be similar to WoW in structure though. The downside is that right now SWTOR is in the era of nearly unkillable healers. So its like Season 4-6 (if I recall correctly).

this blade & soul game looks pretty sick... not out yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Uptick View Post
    this blade & soul game looks pretty sick... not out yet though.
    It'll be a while before it's out in the west.

SWTOR is actually adding arenas in 2.4 soon.