Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Most difficult tank to play as of now

And not just the class itself but how it does in the raid environment. I'm sure it's a toss up between dk and brm (or if you feel otherwise please say).

None of them are difficulty anymore, since none of them have to build or hold threat.

Fury warrior. They just never seem to stand up very long after taking over tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    None of them are difficulty anymore, since none of them have to build or hold threat.
    Because the ONLY thing that could be any difficult to do as a tank is holding threat, right?

To the OP, I would say Brewmaster monks have the most things to keep track of for personal survivability.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin is as I know the easiest, so prolly DK due to timing with DS. But honestly I've got no clue. Just a suggestion. All I know is Pala is easy. At least for me that is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    To the OP, I would say Brewmaster monks have the most things to keep track of for personal survivability.
    Honestly, I found my brm to be the easiest of my tanks. You dont have to give 2 cents about timing your active mitigation, it is always up. Also the rotation is very easy and forgiving. You dont have that many cds to keep track on etc. You have a very few amount of benefitial raid spells that you need to target on a raid member. All in all, monks arsenal is quite simply and easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Honestly, I found my brm to be the easiest of my tanks. You dont have to give 2 cents about timing your active mitigation, it is always up. Also the rotation is very easy and forgiving. You dont have that many cds to keep track on etc. You have a very few amount of benefitial raid spells that you need to target on a raid member. All in all, monks arsenal is quite simply and easy.
    While Shuffle is always up, I'm of the opinion that Shuffle really ISNT BrMs Active Mitigation- Purifying Brew, Elusive Brew, Guard, Expel Harm, and healing orbs ARE. Shuffle is just basic rotation praticitionation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Paladin is as I know the easiest, so prolly DK due to timing with DS. But honestly I've got no clue. Just a suggestion. All I know is Pala is easy. At least for me that is.
    It kind of depends what level of play we are talking about here. For a beginner, paladins are very unforgiving considering how SotR works, if you dont time your SotR well, you are dead. The same can not be said for most other tanks active migitation.'

Paladins rotation is in my opinion one of the harder of the tanks due to the lack of "spammer" spell, you actually need to keep a good track on your rotation. If I am on my BRM, for single target, I need to keep track of the cd of keg smash, check if I got enough energy for jab, check if I got enough chi for blackout kick, otherwise tiger palm. That is 4 buttons to keep track off, only one has a cd.

The paladin hands, cleanses and raid heals can also be quite overwhelming for new players. No class has as many benefitial targeted abilities as paladins got, that are all useful in different circumstances.

All in all, I guess it depends what level of play you are talking about, are you aiming for 5 man heroics, normal raids, or heroic raids.

Warriors and druids are also easy.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    And not just the class itself but how it does in the raid environment. I'm sure it's a toss up between dk and brm (or if you feel otherwise please say).
    BrM > Blood = Prot(paladin) > Prot(warrior) = Guardian

But the difference is small enough for it to matter, any good guardian will do fine on BrM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    While Shuffle is always up, I'm of the opinion that Shuffle really ISNT BrMs Active Mitigation- Purifying Brew, Elusive Brew, Guard, Expel Harm, and healing orbs ARE. Shuffle is just basic rotation praticitionation.
    Yeah, but purifying brew is far more forgiving than dks or paladins active mitigation for example. Due to shuffle always being up, that big boss punch is always reduced, the same can not be said for other classes. For the rest, not like brms is the only tank class that got absorbs, heals and stuff to maintain.

Anyways, threads like this is never healthy. Just turns out into a flame fest of people trying to argue why your own tank class is the hardest.
    In all honesty, all tank classes require a similar amount of skill, there is not a huge difference. Not like 1 class is 10x harder than another.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-08-14 at 04:41 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    It kind of depends what level of play we are talking about here. For a beginner, paladins are very unforgiving considering how SotR works, if you dont time your SotR well, you are dead. The same can not be said for most other tanks active migitation.'

Paladins rotation is in my opinion one of the harder of the tanks due to the lack of "spammer" spell, you actually need to keep a good track on your rotation. If I am on my BRM, for single target, I need to keep track of the cd of keg smash, check if I got enough energy for jab, check if I got enough chi for blackout kick, otherwise tiger palm. That is 4 buttons to keep track off, only one has a cd.

The paladin hands, cleanses and raid heals can also be quite overwhelming for new players. No class has as many benefitial targeted abilities as paladins got, that are all useful in different circumstances.

All in all, I guess it depends what level of play you are talking about, are you aiming for 5 man heroics, normal raids, or heroic raids.

Warriors and druids are also easy.
    Isn't everything easy as soon as you get to know the class better? I mean.. I'd say it depends on the player. I find Paladin being the easiest, and I've played it the least. While I find DK the hardest. (Haven't played monk). Yet my friend finds DK easy.

One of the things I find Paladin easy is because I love playing a supportive class, making Paladin ideal for me. DK on the other hand requires some timing, and depends on RNG.. the whole rune system, I really dislike it. We also got Warriors, a more straight forward one, you got your basics, and DMG or Defensives. Then split into two, caster defensive or melee defensives.

Deleted
    From a very basic POV brewmaster is probably least forgiving, but once you got the core of their mechanics - aka keep shuffle up - you're good to go and everything else isn't that important. I wouldn't call them most difficult.

Brewmasters have the highest skill cap in my opinion.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    BrM > Blood = Prot(paladin) > Prot(warrior) = Guardian

But the difference is small enough for it to matter, any good guardian will do fine on BrM
    Haven't tried Monk but I totally dislike DK.. I feel so squishy with runes on CD, no runic power and CDs left.

Deleted
    Isn't everything easy as soon as you get to know the class better? I mean.. I'd say it depends on the player. I find Paladin being the easiest, and I've played it the least. While I find DK the hardest. (Haven't played monk). Yet my friend finds DK easy.

One of the things I find Paladin easy is because I love playing a supportive class, making Paladin ideal for me. DK on the other hand requires some timing, and depends on RNG.. the whole rune system, I really dislike it. We also got Warriors, a more straight forward one, you got your basics, and DMG or Defensives. Then split into two, caster defensive or melee defensives.
    Yeah, of course, what you find easy is individual, which is why I said in my last post

In all honesty, all tank classes require a similar amount of skill, there is not a huge difference. Not like 1 class is 10x harder than another.

I do find paladins and dks to be the least forgiving however.

Haven't tried Monk but I totally dislike DK.. I feel so squishy with runes on CD, no runic power and CDs left.
    You aren't supposed to have all runes on CD with no RP or defensives left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Matter of perspective really... I play blood and it is incredibly easy to pick up. A bunch of CDs, but nothing too bad. Assuming you understand the rune system and don't mash buttons it is forgiving. I tried prot warrior out and hated it. I didn't get a chance to try the rest but I'd probably go prot paladin before anything else.

BrM > Prot(paladin) = Prot(warrior) > Guardian

I have no XP with Blood to gauge it.

No tank should be hard to play. This would be my opinion on actually mastering them.
    Last edited by Orion Antares; 2013-08-14 at 05:34 PM.

I think that DK and BrM are the most difficult to master. Paladin is pretty hard to master too but easy to learn, and Firefly is spot on with the fact Pally has no real filler, you have to be aware of cooldowns (probably why I find it so hard to play Prot without using CLCProt to help me). Warrior is, rotation-wise, easy as pie since you really only have 3 abilities to use, and then your AM (there's more than that of course but at the basic level). Bears seem pretty easy as well, but I haven't played one to any meaningful level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Keep in mind that I haven't played BrM a lot, so take my opinion with a load of salt.
    That being said, I do agree with you. Also keeping track of a lot of abilities is something you do have to practise on quite a lot. Looking at all of the tanks, Brewmasters are in my opinion the ones you need to work on the most. I will not compare the skill cap for tanks though.

EDIT: The easiest one is druid in my opinion. Simple rotation and (imo) lack of choice with active mitigation. The active mitigation that you've got feels a bit mindless. With crit stacking you take quite a lot of damage, so you do have to do have to utilize your WHOLE arsenal if you wish to be useful in any level of play. That's at least how I feel about druids
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2013-08-14 at 05:38 PM.