Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic iron qon 10

With horridon finally down last night... It's time for iron qon.

Comp

Blood dk
    Feral Druid

Unholy dk
    Rogue
    Lock
    Spriest
    Ele sham/ resto
    Hunter

Mw monk
    Holy pally

So I was thinking of how we should handle phase one and I figured I'd have the ranged stack up for 2 stacks then have the melee take the rest.

Now as far as CDs go, I figured

Stack 1
    Stack 2 personnals
    Stack 3 amz
    Stack 4 amz
    Stack 5 smoke bomb
    Stack 6 personnals?
    Stack 7 ????

I know how many stacks is dps dependent on how fast he goes down. But does that look correct and if not what should I do?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    With horridon finally down last night... It's time for iron qon.

Comp

Blood dk
    Feral Druid

Unholy dk
    Rogue
    Lock
    Spriest
    Ele sham/ resto
    Hunter

Mw monk
    Holy pally

So I was thinking of how we should handle phase one and I figured I'd have the ranged stack up for 2 stacks then have the melee take the rest.

Stack 1
    Stack 2 personnals
    Stack 3 amz
    Stack 4 amz
    Stack 5 smoke bomb
    Stack 6 personnals?
    Stack 7 ????

I know how many stacks is dps dependent on how fast he goes down. But does that look correct and if not what should I do?
    With the 2 best melee available to soak on this fight this should be no problem. You can always use BL in the first phase just to get through quicker, as the other phases really don't need it. The enrage is quite easy. First 3 stacks should be fine without cd's, probably they can take 4 ish stacks without any cd. After that just chain them till hes dead.

Kk I thought about lust, but then again if you hold third down to 26% you can lust and nuke him in shield phase

four ranged can easily take 3 stacks with no cooldowns. you could even push 4 if nobody stands in fire.

Yeah, ranged can take 3-4 fairly easily. Just depends on the spear, I guess, and if you get unlucky with the fire lines

I'd advise 3 healing and one tanking it for progression. People will queue up to tell you how faceroll it has become with gear but despite that, the healing check can be quite severe in the first phase if the execution isn't perfect.

It's not so much pure numbers that make it hard but putting out the healing in the chaos. Having a healer stunned just as stacks go out, someone licks a fireline and another person dances in a whirlwind will cost you a lot of wipes. A 3rd healer can allow you to recover from this.

If the pally talents clemency then he just needs to BoP the tank before the whirlwinds and at the last deadzone before the 3 dogs land again.

Deleted
    The way I found easiest is having 3 groups, 2 consisting of 3 ranged each and the last is the melee + tanks. Start by stacking the melee, take 3 stacks. Then first range group stacks, takes 3, then next ranged also 3. By then the stacks have dropped of melee, and you can stack them again. It might be a bit more coordination, but you will take less damage than not resetting the debuff.

If you prefer to take some on ranged first and then the rest on melee, I think you will have more success taking 3-4 stacks on ranged. Also I would put the MW monk in melee, to split the damage with an additional player at no cost. The ranged-only abilities should not target him, because that's how MW monks work with fist weaving. You also forgot devotion aura in your cd rotation.

3 healers might be easier, 1 tank would be preferable but you can also drop a DPS for it. There is no reason really that you need more damage or a second tank, the enrage is very easy to make and a third healer gives you a lot more room for error as well as being able to last far longer in the last bit of the fight.

When the 3 dogs come down, I would recommend killing Damren first. He has the lowest health by quite far, plus you will have dots/rotation going on him already. If you time it right and have him shield just before 25%, you can bring him down even more before the boss appears. Obviously Roshak second.

One of the more subtle things that turn out to be very important is not spreading the lightning debuff from the stun too much. Especially at the end, it should be dropped off the whole raid at the first or second fist smash at latest. If you keep chaining it, it will add loads of damage taken.

Deleted
    if ur melee can reset their stacks (palas / rogues can, not sure about dks) P1 is very easy.

we have 2 rogues and a 1 tank soaking in melee.

3 in melee
    Cloak of shadows
    3 more in melee
    1 in ranged grp
    2 in other ranged grp
    then melee again (cloak is back by this time again if u need to go over 3)

i would strongly recommend 3 healing and 1 tanking. one pala should be enough to clear impale stacks. stoneform also works if one of ur tanks happens to be a dwarf.

for the last phase if ur using 3 healers once the arcing lightning as dropped off and u can stack it becomes very easy. the hardest fist smash is probably the first one when you are spread out, make sure you use healthstones and personal cds for it.

Kk I thought about lust, but then again if you hold third down to 26% you can lust and nuke him in shield phase
    This is a terrible, terrible idea. I know tankspot says to do this; don't. The ice guy does almost no damage, especially if you're not attacking him. You're also going to get dead zone fucked if you do this. On the other hand, the fire guy does way more damage, and the wind guy is going to prevent you from being able to stack. Those two should go down first, with Dam'ren being pulled away with the boss (if you're using two tanks) so his dead zone doesn't block dps on Roshak and Quetzal. Once those two go down Dam'ren isn't even really a threat, you could probably ignore him altogether if it weren't for dead zone potentially blocking dps on Qon.

Holding Dam'ren for a dead zone will gain you 8 seconds at the very most, which is half a fist smash if you're "lucky" enough on the timing at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    You can always use BL in the first phase just to get through quicker, as the other phases really don't need it.
    I don't recommend this as both Unleash Flame here and Fist Smash later both get progressively worse and Fist Smash is more deadly, so you should using lust to get dogs down and get dps on boss as soon as you can at the end. Basically, if your dps/healers can't survive Roshak without lust, they won't survive Iron Qon without lust.
    Last edited by Magpai; 2013-08-15 at 04:53 AM.

Deleted

Stack 1
    Stack 2 personnals
    Stack 3 amz
    Stack 4 amz
    Stack 5 smoke bomb
    Stack 6 personnals?
    Stack 7 ????
    2 on ranged rest in melee is good, you should do it. MW monk is melee, which means you will have 5 people in melee sharing the fire dmg. Now if your healers are not afk and your melees have upgraded their items, you can see the dmg and decide from what point to start using cooldowns, probably from 5 on.

Another trick on this fight is have your monk trancedance out of wind storm and pop revival when he is outside. It will top everyone inside so you will never loose any1 to this ability.

and do take 1 tank 3 healers, reset tanks bleed before windstorm and on deadzone before last phase.

Deleted
    We got to HC Iron Qon yesterday for the first time, and killed him in 9 pulls I think, 6 of those were called wipes because we messed up our grouping in p1.
    If you all survive the first windstorm in p2, and have the dps not to get a 2nd, you have a kill basically. ... we had 2 dps use a potion here to make sure we never got a second one, since we were borderline on its dps needs.

Also keep reminding your dps to stay spread out for the Arctic Lightning.

Since P3 doesnt hurt at all, tell all your dps to just slack off. We basically /danced for about a minute and a half. (Beserk timer is irrelevant this fight) Make sure all the 3 mins cooldowns are back up for all your dpssers going into the last phase. When the cd's were ready, we did hold off to 27% to let the shield spawn.. blow heroism, and pots for the remaining dps. Then the shield Quillen was at 5% before the other 2 had even landed. We easily oneshot it from there, communicating and rotating cooldowns.

We 1 tank (pally), 3 healed it, but 2 tanks should be not much of an issue either. Healing was not that bad after the first phase, tank damage is not what wipes you on this fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all about phase 1 and then having the DPS to not get a 2nd wind storm.

After you've done that just play smart, keep your cool and follow the mechanics.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    Arctic Lightning.
    /snicker, that would be a cool Dam'ren Quet'zal crossover ability.

Easiest thing to do would be 3 for melee. Spear goes out and the range stack to take stacks until the next spear goes out. Leave the Mistwaever out of the ranged stack since he's not considered ranged by the mechanic and can just continue healing when the spears go out. Then the melee can stack to take the rest until transition with the Mistweaver helping out if the second set of stacks start getting too high.

This will require no raid CDs to pull off.
    Last edited by Orion Antares; 2013-08-15 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    This is a terrible, terrible idea. I know tankspot says to do this; don't. The ice guy does almost no damage, especially if you're not attacking him. You're also going to get dead zone fucked if you do this. On the other hand, the fire guy does way more damage, and the wind guy is going to prevent you from being able to stack. Those two should go down first, with Dam'ren being pulled away with the boss (if you're using two tanks) so his dead zone doesn't block dps on Roshak and Quetzal. Once those two go down Dam'ren isn't even really a threat, you could probably ignore him altogether if it weren't for dead zone potentially blocking dps on Qon.

Holding Dam'ren for a dead zone will gain you 8 seconds at the very most, which is half a fist smash if you're "lucky" enough on the timing at best.
    I remember the first night we wiped on him (four months ago or so), we tried what you said but found out the debuff from the deadzones gets applied to players no matter where the dog is and affects all targets. Not sure if they fixed it though.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    I remember the first night we wiped on him (four months ago or so), we tried what you said but found out the debuff from the deadzones gets applied to players no matter where the dog is and affects all targets. Not sure if they fixed it though.
    They must have, because we haven't had that problem since we've worked on it if we position him properly.

Well, AMZ lasts 10 seconds and Unleashed flame goes out every 7-8 seconds right?

Soooo, why don't you pop AMZ(1) one second before Unleashed flame 3 goes out, so it's there for Unleashed flame 3 and 4, and then use AMZ(2) for Unleashed flame 5 and 6? Smoke bomb for 7, etc... Don't use one mitigation for one ability when you can you one miti for two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    I don't recommend this as both Unleash Flame here and Fist Smash later both get progressively worse and Fist Smash is more deadly, so you should using lust to get dogs down and get dps on boss as soon as you can at the end. Basically, if your dps/healers can't survive Roshak without lust, they won't survive Iron Qon without lust.
    On our earlier kills we used lust at pull then sat around doing nothing for 2-4 minutes waiting for hero to come off cd
    P1 can be bit hectic and its nice to end it fast
    We always use the dead zone trick, usually damren is ~15% once dogs start flying down and is pretty much dead before tanks have picked them all up.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-08-16 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post
    Well, AMZ lasts 10 seconds and Unleashed flame goes out every 7-8 seconds right?

Soooo, why don't you pop AMZ(1) one second before Unleashed flame 3 goes out, so it's there for Unleashed flame 3 and 4, and then use AMZ(2) for Unleashed flame 5 and 6? Smoke bomb for 7, etc... Don't use one mitigation for one ability when you can you one miti for two.
    The damage cap on AMZ would only allow it to stay up for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    we had the same problem last week. made the fight much easier by simply using heroism and burning the shield dog as soon as he gets close to 25%. by the time the other dogs are even attackable, dam'ren is half dead. the few extras seconds it takes to kill him and get the whole dead zone thing gone is worth it. you have 5 people who can stack in melee and take the fireballs, which means you have oodles of time to kill ro'shak. we did it this way with only 3.

then just be careful about dropping off your arcing lightning before stacking and you've got a kill.