Poll: Hoax or not?

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And my point is it would be really stupid to do something like that this time around because blizzard is bleeding subs.

Lieing/Trolling the playerbase would just make blizzard look like a company ran by 10 year olds in the eyes of many and that would leave just because of that. Also like I said there is a big D3 announcement next week and blizzard would be stupid to do anything to take the wind out of that sail even more so since it has reached 12 million copy's sold.

And finally the trademark dose not exist unlike how the Cata and Mist one did at the time of there reveal.
    ....so, Lying and trolling RIGHT NOW isn't Lieing/Trolling the playerbase and not making blizzard look like a company ran by 10 year olds in the eyes of many and that would leave just because of that!?

Dude... Cata masks... history... go look it up.

There's no advantage to doing that RIGHT NOW! Why the HELL would they do that NOW!?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    When Blizzcon Comes...

and they reveal "The Dark Below"

Come back to this thread and ask yourself one question:

"...why did I believe such a transparent trick of that Corgi trademark had ANYTHING to do with denying a fully-paid Trademark by Blizz? And why would Blizz even deliberately try to play a trick on their audience in the first place?"

_______

After reading this thread, and the serious amount of gullible frustrated inexperienced desperate people here - all I know is that when they reveal "The Dark Below" at Blizzcon, I'm going to sit here - eat popcorn - and lovingly taunt and poke fun at each and everyone of you.

I did it with Cataclysm
    I did it with Mists of Pandaria
    I'm going to do it again with The Dark Below
    And I will keep doing it... until you learn. ^_^
    It's not a fully paid trademark by Blizz.

I could go, right now, and file an application named "Invasion of Argus" "Rebirth of Sargeras" "Voyage into The Beyond" or any other random shit that I pulled out of my ass, put the name on the application as Blizzard Entertainment Inc. and it would be exactly as fucking legitimate as the trademark application for The Dark Below.

That doesn't mean that The Dark Below is fake. But as of right now, we don't even know if it was made by Blizzard. Also, with Mop and Cata, I don't think Boub ever denied those were legit. He has said The Dark Below is probably a hoax.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    LoL. People are so gullible.

Who in their right mind was thinking "The Dark Below" for an expac?

It is the next expansion. Blizzard is simply throwing us off, like they did with Cataclysm and MoP.

Why would Blizzard do this? Because its pretty easy to figure out the entire expansion once you get the title.
    Don't come in here with that bullshit, you literally made a thread speculating on what would be in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Lieing/Trolling the playerbase would just make blizzard look like a company ran by 10 year olds in the eyes of many and that would leave just because of that.
    Only if they admit it. Obviously all this is great buzz for them as a company, for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    They already have. Twice. Hearthstone and Reaper of Souls. Both revealed/discovered before anyone found a trademark filing. Hearthstone was ultimately discovered to have been filed in Swaziland, which has no online database for anyone to search. Blizzard can file in Swaziland without anyone finding out until after they make an announcement. Which is why they wouldn't have filed The Dark Below where anyone could find it. And since anyone could have filed the trademark that was found, as was demonstrated with Corgis Unleashed, it's very unlikely Blizzard filed it when they have the Swaziland option.
    Except they know that people are keeping an eye on Swaziland's trademark office now. These tricks tend to only work once, and I'm sure they're aware of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    But why would Boub dismiss TBD as a hoax? You'd think MMOC would loose quite a bit of credibility after this.
    For the same reasons why he had to remove other things Blizzard didn't approve of, or that Blizzard wasn't ready to have it posted yet. If TDB is actually real a lot of pages will lose credibility for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dark Below
    FEE INFORMATION
    NUMBER OF CLASSES 2
    FEE PER CLASS 275
    *TOTAL FEE PAID 550

Corgi's Unleashed
    FEE INFORMATION
    NUMBER OF CLASSES 1
    FEE PER CLASS 275
    *TOTAL FEE PAID 275

This is what confuses me & gets to think that The Dark Below could be real & Blizzard just trying to cover it up now.
    Also The Dark Below looks to professional compared to Corgi's Unleashed. Plus The Dark Below has bee registered since Aug 9th. We found out about it yesterday Aug 15th, but Corgi's Unleashed was made today Aug 14th.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-08-14 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    For the same reasons why he had to remove other things Blizzard didn't approve of, or that Blizzard wasn't ready to have it posted yet. If TDB is actually real a lot of pages will lose credibility for this.
    All the more reason to think it's not real
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

....so, lying and trolling right now isn't lieing/trolling the playerbase and not making blizzard look like a company ran by 10 year olds in the eyes of many and that would leave just because of that!?

Dude... Cata masks... History... Go look it up.

There's no advantage to doing that right now! Why the hell would they do that now!?
    We don't know if the trademark application was even made by blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Except they know that people are keeping an eye on Swaziland's trademark office now. These tricks tend to only work once, and I'm sure they're aware of it.
    Swaziland is the only nation that wouldn't post it online? i think not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    All the more reason to think it's not real
    you mean like how all the pages who posted TDB was for Diablo lost credibility after the actual expansion title was announced?

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Swaziland doesn't have an online database. The only way to look up trademark information in Swaziland is to physically go to the trademark office and search through their files.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Wrathion himself said the subjegation of Thunder Bluff would take a year at least.

For Varian to both absorb the Horde and train them into an Army of the Light would take years, maybe a decade.

Yet Wrathion thinks it is the right idea.

That sounds like we're not talking about the Legion in Expansion V, more likely VI.

I understand there's a push among the BC-joiners to return to Outland and bring back 10 levels, Attunements, Tinkerers, and the like... but fact is we just spent 24 hours poking holes all over the theory that the Legion is inevitable for Expansion V.

How long is a year in game? You know 3 years passed between lich kings death and cata launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Well in his defense he has prove people wrong twice, I hardly ever see him wrong when he defends something.
    Thanks for the defense... but (gasp!) I'm not right all the time... just most of it these days. :P

And, for everybody's benefit here, I'll say of two of those times:

I was flat-out wrong was the Worgen "mount" being the running animation. I was here swearing up-and-down that was just going to be a racial trait - and that Blizz wouldn't be stupid enough to call that a "mount".

Want to know another time I was wrong?

When I thought Wrath of the Lich King was a hoax.

You see... the difference here is I learn from my mistakes - and have no shame in admitting them. If I admit them early enough (especially to myself), I learn THAT MUCH FASTER.

I learned - and that's how I know better in future. I've made most of my mistakes in the past... and thus I make WAY LESS mistakes in future (today).

Could I be making a mistake here? Sure! The difference between me and others here is that I am glad to admit when I'm wrong - that I will then learn my lesson and apply it to future. ^_^

you mean like how all the pages who posted TDB was for Diablo lost credibility after the actual expansion title was announced?
    Either you're not following what I'm saying, or you're claiming TDB will be the Diablo xpac title.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    Third times the charm right?
    Highly doubt it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    We don't know if the trademark application was even made by blizzard.
    But what we do know is that someone paid a lot of money at the time of the application. Yes you don't have to pay money at the time of application but the person blizzard or not who did fill out the application did pay. I don't get why someone would pay that for it all to be a hoax.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ....so, Lying and trolling RIGHT NOW isn't Lieing/Trolling the playerbase and not making blizzard look like a company ran by 10 year olds in the eyes of many and that would leave just because of that!?

Dude... Cata masks... history... go look it up.

There's no advantage to doing that RIGHT NOW! Why the HELL would they do that NOW!?

Who is to say that blizzard is the one that did this?

Thanks for the defense... but (gasp!) I'm not right all the time... just most of it these days. :P

And, for everybody's benefit here, I'll say of two of those times:

I was flat-out wrong was the Worgen "mount" being the running animation. I was here swearing up-and-down that was just going to be a racial trait - and that Blizz wouldn't be stupid enough to call that a "mount".

Want to know another time I was wrong?

When I thought Wrath of the Lich King was a hoax.

You see... the difference here is I learn from my mistakes - and have no shame in admitting them. If I admit them early enough (especially to myself), I learn THAT MUCH FASTER.

I learned - and that's how I know better in future. I've made most of my mistakes in the past... and thus I make WAY LESS mistakes in future (today).

Could I be making a mistake here? Sure! The difference between me and others here is that I am glad to admit when I'm wrong - that I will then learn my lesson and apply it to future. ^_^
    If your opinion is so great why don't you directly address the criticisms against it?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But what we do know is that someone paid a lot of money at the time of the application. Yes you don't have to pay money at the time of application but the person blizzard or not who did fill out the application did pay. I don't get why someone would pay that for it all to be a hoax.
    You don't get it? To troll the entire playerbase like yourself lol hell It's amazing