Who am I??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazi View Post
    "*sigh*

No, it's not a hoax."

Who am I??
    Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Difference is Corgis Unleashed was filed to blizzard not by Mr. R, and never paid the fee for it.

This is filed by Mr. R and had the fee paid.

The reason people don't want it is they were the ones yesterday saying "It'll be D3 or it'll be Argus." Well a day of speculation later it turns out to not be D3, and Argus is looking less and less likely the more we look into the existing lore and hints.

So they shoot down The Dark Below in an attempt to still hold onto their dreams of Level 100, Argus, and Tinkerer.
    How is their clinging to their dreams any different than your clinging to this "Mr. R" business?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    So to sum up:
    if Blizzard had denied it, it would've been a bluff on their part and it's an Old God/Naga expansion
    if Blizzard says nothing, it's an Old God/Naga expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Link to Blue Post please
    I can't find it... I was looking and looking. It's hard to find something that far back on the front page. It was like a week before Blizzcon '11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Difference is Corgis Unleashed was filed to blizzard not by Mr. R, and never paid the fee for it.

The reason people don't want it is they were the ones yesterday saying "It'll be D3 or it'll be Argus." Well a day of speculation later it turns out to not be D3, and Argus is looking less and less likely the more we look into the existing lore and hints.

So they shoot down The Dark Below in an attempt to still hold onto their dreams of Level 100, Argus, and Tinkerer.
    I hope you're right..., i really want these (I feel hurt not because it took away the hight possibility of a Naga + Old God expansion, i feel bad because i spend since i saw it yesterday thinking about the new expansion T.T )

The Corgis Unleashed form was filed by Mr. R as well.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    The only real problem with this is that ... they've never tried to throw us off before. Every time a trademark has been discovered, it's been a "the cat's out of the bag" moment. They might still act shifty in some blue posts, but they've never done anything meaningful to throw us off.

So, why would they start now?
    We've never had an issue with hoax trademarks popping up that I can recall either, so why would it start now?

Ummm... Looking at the corgi thing I see the same information for Rod A. Rigole as I do on the Dark Below thing. And the corgi does have a fee paid mentioned, Dark below has two...

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    We've never had an issue with hoax trademarks popping up that I can recall either, so why would it start now?
    Because someone finally realized that they could troll the community by doing so?

See, that's the difference: Blizzard doesn't troll the community, which is exactly what this "Corgi's Unleashed" thing would be if Blizzard had filed it. The community, however, is constantly trolling itself.

Blizzard has a history of not trolling the community (outside of April Fools). The community has a history of trolling itself. So, which is more likely?

edit: Furthermore, you've got Boubouille calling hoax on this. He's usually on top of things, eh?
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-08-14 at 05:55 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Boub jumped the gun? Someone may have tried this before and no one noticed it.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    I can't find it... I was looking and looking. It's hard to find something that far back on the front page. It was like a week before Blizzcon '11.
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/08/02/bl...ria-trademark/

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    MMO-Champion is reporting on a new Blizzard trademark that was just filed for "Mists of Pandaria," potentially the name of the next World of Warcraft expansion to be announced at BlizzCon this year. This is not the first time Blizzard has filed for a trademark in such a way, as Blizzard filed for the "Cataclysm" trademark back in 2009. While this trademark does not explicitly say that it is the name of the new expansion, the class of trademark does point to its being filed for computer game software and lines up, according to MMO Champion, with other Blizzard trademarks for expansions.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And you know this because of ... ?
    Everything checks out compared to the MoP trademark. Both international classes, the filing name, addresses and so on.

I have no reason to believe this is a hoax perpetrated by boub, and if it is I hope he stands up and admits it now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

http://teas.uspto.gov/forms/xslt.ser...54fed544b2367f

It's on a government site. It's not fake... -.-

Everything checks out compared to the MoP trademark. Both international classes, the filing name, addresses and so on.
    Because it was copied directly from it, maybe?

I have no reason to believe this is a hoax perpetrated by boub, and if it is I hope he stands up and admits it now.
    Who said Boub did the hoax?

Deleted
    Blizzard: "Boubouille, you can't do that, man."
    Boubouille: "Oh, sorry. What shall I do know?"
    Blizzard: "Just pretend everybody can register any trademark for any company."
    Boubouille: "Lol, srsly?"

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    It's on a government site. It's not fake... -.-
    It's an application. If the trademark were granted you would have a point.

Not perpetrated by Boub or MMO-C...they are just saying they might have jumped the gun and posted before verifying the validity at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/08/02/bl...ria-trademark/

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    MMO-Champion is reporting on a new Blizzard trademark that was just filed for "Mists of Pandaria," potentially the name of the next World of Warcraft expansion to be announced at BlizzCon this year. This is not the first time Blizzard has filed for a trademark in such a way, as Blizzard filed for the "Cataclysm" trademark back in 2009. While this trademark does not explicitly say that it is the name of the new expansion, the class of trademark does point to its being filed for computer game software and lines up, according to MMO Champion, with other Blizzard trademarks for expansions.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not by pretending its a blue post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Blizzard has no control over anything we print. Jesus.
    Actually that's not true, it is illegal for someone to trademark something under someone elses name. Even though "you can" on the website doesn't make it legal. Blizzard can sue anyone who does that. Now if someone patents Blizzards expansion name before they register it then there is nothing Blizzard can do. Blizzard would have to pay them.

Blizzard DOES have control over "what" we print. They can ask for compensation for anything printed with out their permission or anything they give permission to.

I will give an example I have given before for the reasons why trademarks are done, and done early.

So and So designed a game and forgot to trademark it. They talk about it and Mr. Deceptive overhears the conversation and checks to see if its trademarked. Mr. Deceptive trademarks the game name so when So and So starts publication of the game and publicity materials (posters, packaging and etc.) So and So now has to pay Mr. Deceptive $$$ per sale and per publicity material.

Look at the college student who became rich overnight while writing a paper on the US patent office. He discovered nobody patented the wheelbarrow and he then had to be paid for every wheelbarrow sold in the past and he has to be paid for every wheelbarrow sold in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not by pretending its a blue post
    Was being sarcastic. It was a joystiq interview to MMO-C about a Blizz action. More hands than Patchwerk. Nothing is OFFICIAL until there is a Logo tattooed to the front page of BATTLENET. Folks are getting rev'd up for nothing lol