Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    What Tweet? can you link it?
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/368084256825692160

he's joking around, engaging the trolls.
    Hi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Is anyone else seeing Kosak's tweets about The Dark Below?

He's not even trying to deny it.

It sounds like, if anything, he's hinting at the trademark being legit.
    that's concerning. Usually Blizz does try to deny expansions if they're leaked early.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Do you mean the series tweets where he adds "not really, I'm trolling"? How the hell do you get a hint of it being legit out of that?
    The second tweet not the first.

I dunno. I just find it weird he'd be talking about it and not just ignoring it if it wasn't legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

Yeah but as @dokhidamo said, Blizzard normally just deny when something is fake without thinking it twice

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

Pretty much but they usually go out of their way to deny it.

Course I might be wrong but, hey, there's a possibility it's still real.

They deny it: It's real
    They jokingly confirm it: It's real

Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    It is a hoax, you can tell it from the image of the "trailer". The "video" is not aligned with the rest of the image of the site, also the video title is not aligned. Bad photoshopping.
    Actually I photoshopped it pixel perfect thank you very much
    Destruction!

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    They deny it: It's real
    They jokingly confirm it: It's real

Yet they haven't denied it.

Here's my current belief. Anything in here that makes a claim about someone is entirely my speculation, ok?

Step 1: A Blizzard lawyer is told he has to enter the trademark on a certain day, not before, because it wil show up.
    Step 2: The lawyer types it all up in a form, entirely unaware that the unsubmitted form can be accessed.
    Step 3: Someone sees that, forwards it to Boub.
    Step 4: Boub checks with sources who don't deny it.
    Step 5: Someone else points out that anyone can get something to that state, with Corgi's Unleased.
    Step 6: Boub steps back because now it's only his sources not denying stuff, not an actual trademark that has been pushed through.

I realize this may be more of a stretch for those that want to assume the default case:
    Step 1: Trollguy makes The Dark Below, sends it to boub
    Step 2: Boub is fooled, puts up headline
    Step 3: Trollguy shares troll with Corgi one

Yea yea, that one is simpler.

But I don't buy it. I remain entirely convinced that then next WoW expac is The Dark Below, and that the unfilled trademark form is a practice run or real attempt that is visible only through the technical incompetence of a lawyer. And lawyers are FAMOUS for their technical incompetence!

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Because most of those that are upset about "The Dark Below" seemingly want/prefer to believe a greater chance that it's going to be "The Burning Crusade Part 2 - MOAR DEMONS BECAUSE WE'RE A DEADLY SERIOUS GAME THAT ONLY WAS GOOD IN BURNING CRUSADE TA HELL WITH CAZUALZ".
    But, but you sig....

@Verain Your theory sounds more likely than the second one, imo. The mmoc guys have been doing this stuff for a long time. They don't make annoucnements without confirming stuff.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post

But I don't buy it. I remain entirely convinced that then next WoW expac is The Dark Below, and that the unfilled trademark form is a practice run or real attempt that is visible only through the technical incompetence of a lawyer. And lawyers are FAMOUS for their technical incompetence!
    HEY! I'm a lawyer!!!!

Deleted
    Why would they try to trademark their expansion just before releasing the expansion? Company like blizzard surely have their trademarks secured years before release. It is fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Why would they try to trademark their expansion just before releasing the expansion? Company like blizzard surely have their trademarks secured years before release. It is fake.
    You have a funny idea of "just before release"
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    The second tweet not the first.

I dunno. I just find it weird he'd be talking about it and not just ignoring it if it wasn't legit.
    Usually in these cases, Blizz will try to sidestep the issue. When asked about Pandaren and MoP, Blizz said that they would continue to use Pandaren for models books and the like. Yes, they continued to use them for those reasons, they also used them for an expansion.

It's worth asking if these tweets are outright making fun of the trademarks, or using Corgis to attempt to sidestep the TDB trademark.

Either way, it looks like if TDB is true, then Corgis was a plan between Blizz and Boub to shut up the speculation.

Deleted
    Well, if people think that this would be the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The trademark for Reaper of Souls doesn't exist, either. Yet Blizz touts it as the D3 expansion and calls it trademarked on the D3 site.
    It does actually:

http://tmview.europa.eu/tmview/basicSearch.html

*Edit* Bah, funky trademark databases and their session timeouts. Just search for Reaper of Souls, it's tmed in the EU.
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-08-15 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D4nnYb0Y View Post
    Does it exist in the US lists yet? Since Blizz is based in the US, i'd imagine they'd have it on there sometime soon.

Not that I've seen.

Well. That site searches 29 countries and there's no Dark Below submitted. Its looking dimmer. The application definitely was not submitted. So the only thing left is the lawyer excuse but idk. Oh well, it doesn't matter to me. I love WoW and will likely be playing it until the end.

If it is a hoaxer, I give that guy props for his attention to detail. All of the other hoaxers after him did not follow the previous trademark models.
    Xinjun