Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Usually in these cases, Blizz will try to sidestep the issue. When asked about Pandaren and MoP, Blizz said that they would continue to use Pandaren for models books and the like. Yes, they continued to use them for those reasons, they also used them for an expansion.

It's worth asking if these tweets are outright making fun of the trademarks, or using Corgis to attempt to sidestep the TDB trademark.

Either way, it looks like if TDB is true, then Corgis was a plan between Blizz and Boub to shut up the speculation.
    They might have planned it all along, and that war Corgi that was datamined off of the PTR is a "haha, we got you please don't hurt us with your words or sharp, pointy teeth" good will offering.
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-08-15 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Well. That site searches 29 countries and there's no Dark Below submitted. Its looking dimmer. The application definitely was not submitted. So the only thing left is the lawyer excuse but idk. Oh well, it doesn't matter to me. I love WoW and will likely be playing it until the end.

If it is a hoaxer, I give that guy props for his attention to detail. All of the other hoaxers after him did not follow the previous trademark models.
    Europe isn't the only place to secretly trademark their games. Wasn't Hearthstone trademarked in Tanzania or something, then brought over to US days before the announcement? Maybe if someone REALLY wants to make sure, check trademarks for every country...lol. @_@

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D4nnYb0Y View Post
    They might have planned it all along, and that war Corgi that was datamined off of the PTR is a "haha, we got you please don't hurt us with your words or sharp, pointed teeth" good will offering.
    If it's a conspiracy, I can see why they would give boub "Corgis Unleashed" to use. It fits with the datamined viscious Corgi, and is silly enough for them to laugh at it and TDB.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

what i will never understand is why people so desperately want to fight generic demon overlords with generic motives (a.k.a destroying azeroth) and kill main baddie of wow (therefore making all future villains laughable) instead of actually getting a whole expansion with lore about the mysteries of the old gods and faceless ones and their naga friends (hint, we know everything about the legion, we still don't know jackshit about faceless ones, and they are just the servants of the old gods.)

Well. That site searches 29 countries and there's no Dark Below submitted. Its looking dimmer. The application definitely was not submitted. So the only thing left is the lawyer excuse but idk. Oh well, it doesn't matter to me. I love WoW and will likely be playing it until the end.

If it is a hoaxer, I give that guy props for his attention to detail. All of the other hoaxers after him did not follow the previous trademark models.
    I wouldn't count it out just yet. Reaper of Souls could have been tmed in a country that does not have a searchable online database long before they tmed it in Europe. It was tmed in Europe the same day that the Reaper of Souls website was found out (or perhaps the day before depending on time zones.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Europe isn't the only place to secretly trademark their games. Wasn't Hearthstone trademarked in Tanzania or something, then brought over to US days before the announcement? Maybe if someone REALLY wants to make sure, check trademarks for every country...lol. @_@
    Usually the way to do it is to keep the trademark in a country that doesn't have online records, like Swaziland (where Hearthstone was).

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy hell there are a lot of confused people.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

You know what. I'm sure someone mentioned this but Boub's wording is actually interesting as well :P

We probably jumped on the bandwagon a little earlyand I spent the past 24H double checking stuff since it was basically everywhere, I guess today is just not the day. Sorry guys, going to call the whole The Dark Below thing a hoax.
    Too early, not today, going to tell you it's a hoax. Also spent the last 24H checking. Doesn't actually say anything about him actually determining it to be false lol. Am I reaching? :P
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    what i will never understand is why people so desperately want to fight generic demon overlords with generic motives (a.k.a destroying azeroth) and kill main baddie of wow (therefore making all future villains laughable) instead of actually getting a whole expansion with lore about the mysteries of the old gods and faceless ones and their naga friends (hint, we know everything about the legion, we still don't know jackshit about faceless ones, and they are just the servants of the old gods.)
    They feel WoW needs to be Warcraft 3.5. That all WoW lore must be about Illidan, Kil'jaedan, and Arthas. Mvallas' sig is true to some people, "Tell them that the Lich King is dead... and the World of Warcraft died with him." I used to have a quote in my sig of someone saying "To me Cata and MoP feel like icing on the cake, rather than new layers of the story."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll hate Boub for the rest of my life if he made both TDB and Corgis unleashed.

but if you can fake it that easy, why wont Boub make more hoax? if it's that easy and simple and even free, everyone can do it all the time!!!

Deleted
    If blizzard really is trademarking that expansion now, do not expect even announcement for that expansion before years and years from now. Just like they planned many expansion ahead when wow was first released.

This really blows my mind. Kosak casually bullshits around with the whole "The Dark Below" thing and some people are actually unsure if he's just joking or actually hinting at something. Is it really that hard for people to decipher meaning and context of words nowadays? Perhaps that's what happens when the bigger part of interpersonal communication shifts to electronic devices and social media, I don't know.

Reminds me of a time in university last year when a lecturer sent the whole class a bullshit mail where he listed totally ridiculous, over-the-top exam topics and absurd volumes of literature for an upcoming suprise exam. You'd have to be a complete idiot to take it seriously. He probably thought he was on the safe side with his trolling, considering how over the top and obvious it was.

Didn't stop roughly 50% of the class from going completely nuts and panicking for DAYS on their stupid Facebook group and every corner of the campus. Future academics, intellectuals, the proposed elite, mind you. They only managed to get a grip and settle down after the lecturer and a second guy sent follow-up clarification mails.

Moments like that really make you wonder ...

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Holy hell there are a lot of confused people.
    Bibi is never wrong. Except when he admits he's wrong. Then he's always right.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what. I'm sure someone mentioned this but Boub's wording is actually interesting as well :P

Too early, not today, going to tell you it's a hoax. Also spent the last 24H checking. Doesn't actually say anything about him actually determining it to be false lol. Am I reaching? :P
    Boub's whole post seemed suspect to me. It sounded too condescending for a admission of being wrong. It also had a huge logical fallacy, "It could be fake, so it must be fake."

I can't really trust Boub's post, and for more than just a "conspiracy" theory about Boub being told to cover a leak up.

Because it takes 24 hours to email your insider guy and confirm that thing he just leaked to you is a hoax right?

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    If blizzard really is trademarking that expansion now, do not expect even announcement for that expansion before years and years from now. Just like they planned many expansion ahead when wow was first released.
    You should look up some facts before you say stuff ok?

Here's some references for you.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...810:7t781p.2.8

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...10:7t781p.2.13

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...10:7t781p.2.36

http://www.wowwiki.com/Timeline_(World_of_Warcraft)

There ya go.
    Xinjun

https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/368084256825692160
    Hahaha I think @AlternativeChat has it - "Dark Below" refers to the deep undersea pit where Azshara keeps her brood of terrifying corgis.
    Dark below and Corgis unleashed combined!

also another one, he's got humor
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/368082006036344832
    "The Dark Below" refers to Sylvanas's chambers below Undercity, where Sylvanas is torturing Koltira Deathweaver. (Not really I'm trolling).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post

He might be trolling or just messing with people but, yeah.

Obviously he said he's trolling in the first one, though. :P
    Dude, its the Worgen and Goblin mask thing all over again.

The Dark Below is the next WoW expansion folks. Blizzard is purposely trolling to build hype around BlizzCon. If TDB wasn't the next expansion, they would do what GC did about the image and say that its fake, and its not the next expansion. The fact that they haven't, pretty much seals the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by D4nnYb0Y View Post
    Because it takes 24 hours to email your insider guy and confirm that thing he just leaked to you is a hoax right?
    I'm detecting sarcasm. But, regardless, this s NOT what Boub said. Did not say confirmed to be fake.
    Xinjun

Exactly. /10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Dude, its the Worgen and Goblin mask thing all over again.

The Dark Below is the next WoW expansion folks. Blizzard is purposely trolling to build hype around BlizzCon. If TDB wasn't the next expansion, they would do what GC did about the image and say that its fake, and its not the next expansion. The fact that they haven't, pretty much seals the deal.
    They get free marketing either way, but there's very little reason for them to not outright say something is fake when it's fake. Especially something that has hyped their playerbase into a frenzy and is front page news on every fan site for their game. This isn't an isolated incident.

As someone else mentioned a lot of misdirects on the front page of this site atm. Interesting timing.