Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome bundle
    Last edited by Drodoo; 2013-08-15 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbear View Post
    So do they unlock for people who have already paid for the bundle? Or come as extra "tiers" where you have to pay more than the sims 3 BF3 threshold?

Edit: Also here's a Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Steam Key; 7K07X-RYV37-RBDP0
    Tell me if you're the one to redeem it :P
    They unlock for everyone if they are in that given tier.
    If a game is offered irrespective of whether you beat the average then everyone will get it.
    If a game requires beating the average, then you will get it as long as you beat the average at the time you bought the bundle.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    Normally it will install as the bundle. As in you will get the 1 code for everything. I'm not too sure about origin but I know on Steam if you do this it will add the extras to your current copy. I'd imagine it would do the same.
    Typically with such bundles you do not get gifted extra copies of what you already have.
    Despite the terms stating that individual keys in a bundle are for personal unless gifted as a whole, it does not prevent people doing that.
    I would give someone a key rather than relying on having a copy to give away after redeeming it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    I already have sims 3, if i buy the bundle do i choose which expansion packs i get? thats about the only thing i want out of those. il probly give away my other codes.
    Depends.
    Sometimes a key is for a package, where it includes all the specified DLC.
    Sometime you get individual keys.
    Without you or someone else buying it first, you won't know.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-08-15 at 04:19 AM.

Deleted
    Oh great, stupid primary school student (who hates even using PCs) project origin (badly coded, overloaded by 10 users or more activating) does not work again, that's just great!

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Typically with such bundles you do not get gifted extra copies of what you already have.
    Despite the terms stating that individual keys in a bundle are for personal unless gifted as a whole, it does not prevent people doing that.
    I would give someone a key rather than relying on having a copy to give away after redeeming it.
    I think there is some communication here. The Humble Bundle gives you the codes for each game separately, the person I was quoting said "Expansion packs", I assumed they were talking about the Sims 3 + Starter Pack, and the starter pack being the expansion pack. After re-reading it it looks like they maybe meant games rather than expansion pack, in which case all the codes come separately in the bundle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battlefield 3 Origin Code:
    5RTK-SZ95-ST9P-P7Q9-KG4V

Also Mirrors Edge, Origin code as well:
    9A9H-HZD6-WDFA-C2CQ-LMPL

Already had it, enjoy!
    Last edited by Phookah; 2013-08-15 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't like EA for various reasons, but this is very righteous of them.
    Probably not the first to say it, but imo this is a sneaky tactic to get people on to origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Probably not the first to say it, but imo this is a sneaky tactic to get people on to origin.
    It's not very sneaky...I mean, they tell you which games require Origin. Not to mention that 5 out of the 8 games also come with Steam keys, so if they really wanted to push Origin they'd have used Origin keys only.

Don't get me wrong, this is still a marketing tactic. They're trying to repair some of their bad reputation, they do want to get more people using Origin, and they want to get games like BF3/The Sims out as they both have a bunch of DLC and upcoming sequels.

But if this is their, "evil" ploy, then I'm all for it. There's really no downside to it for consumersbeyond the possibility that you may need to use Origin (which isn't great, but it's not terrible either. It works and that's decent enough)

Seriously though, if they want me to use Origin, this is a good way to do it. Will I buy anything off Origin? No, because I have no more desire to do so than I did before I picked this bundle up. But if they make some additional money off of people using Origin, good for them. They delivered something that was compelling enough to get people to use it, and cheap games are always compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not very sneaky...I mean, they tell you which games require Origin. Not to mention that 5 out of the 8 games also come with Steam keys, so if they really wanted to push Origin they'd have used Origin keys only.

Don't get me wrong, this is still a marketing tactic. They're trying to repair some of their bad reputation, they do want to get more people using Origin, and they want to get games like BF3/The Sims out as they both have a bunch of DLC and upcoming sequels.

But if this is their, "evil" ploy, then I'm all for it. There's really no downside to it for consumersbeyond the possibility that you may need to use Origin (which isn't great, but it's not terrible either. It works and that's decent enough)

Seriously though, if they want me to use Origin, this is a good way to do it. Will I buy anything off Origin? No, because I have no more desire to do so than I did before I picked this bundle up. But if they make some additional money off of people using Origin, good for them. They delivered something that was compelling enough to get people to use it, and cheap games are always compelling.
    I don't mean sneaky as in super stealthy, but tell me, how hard was it to buy your first steam game? How hard was the second :P It is pretty well known that there is an ice breaking period with these sorts of services which is why a lot of them offer pretty generous deals to suck you in. Ebay gave me a 10% off coupon when I signed up to the value of 100$, it is all a loss to get you to use the service and me being super cynical thing that this is probably the mindset EA have with this thing

Deleted
    Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3 are reason enough to use Origin.

Get your prejudice heads out of the sand...

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Wow. I did not expect something like that.
    From EA? I expect only "moar and moar" desperation, as those "humble" Bundles become more and more frequent.

Deleted
    In absolute fairness; Origin is a lot better now than it was at launch. Yeah it's slow and clunky but now it actually functions, the redeem key thing is no doubt due to thousands of people slamming the servers.

Not to mention, ALL of EA's share is going to charity. They get NOTHING out of this, ZILCH, NADDA, ZERO. So even as someone who hates EA this is a big deal, and to hate this you have to be a hermit or something.

Jesus Christ, some of the people in here never give up on bashing EA. They're usually the scourge of god, but why can't you admit that this right here is a deal not even people who don't play games can miss? I mean, 5 goddamn bucks for those games? Shit, even if I had 3 copies of each of the games included, I still would've bought the bundle. It's like the best deal I've EVER seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Jesus Christ, some of the people in here never give up on bashing EA. They're usually the scourge of god, but why can't you admit that this right here is a deal not even people who don't play games can miss? I mean, 5 goddamn bucks for those games? Shit, even if I had 3 copies of each of the games included, I still would've bought the bundle. It's like the best deal I've EVER seen.
    All I need from it is DS3 and Mirror's Edge. Paying $1 for EA games just seems like such a waste. I mean, that's a whole sausage biscuit sandwich from McDonald's!

Jokes aside, the Humble Bundles are ALWAYS amazing deals. My Steam library has expanded 10 fold since I found out about these. Paying less than $10 for well over $100 worth of games is just crazy. I unfortunately don't have $1 on any card to buy these at the moment, but it lasts for 13 more days, I should be able to get DS3 and Mirror's Edge soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Gah!

I bought the bundle recently and I haven't received a confirmation email yet when I signed up on Origin. In their FAQ, they said that I should contact Origin if I didn't get a confirmation in my inbox.
    So now I'm looking for a way to contact them, but there isn't any phone number or email address on their site. The only option is to talk to a "game advisor", but I don't have any issues with a game (yet). Well done Origin...

Deleted
    Ppl that claim the codes could atlest say thanks to the ones kind to give it away for free, that way others will know that the codes are also claimed. I see many codes and really few thanks....

Seems like ppl like to buy this and help:
    Total payments:
    $3,198,000.52
    Number of purchases:
    Average purchase:
    $4.7
    Last edited by mmocd67fc634cb; 2013-08-15 at 09:30 AM.

Deleted
    Thank you for this thread!
    Already have Dead Space 3, so if anyone wants it, here ya go:
    taken
    Also, here's Sims 3 as well. Don't really need it.
    taken
    Last edited by mmocf002b94213; 2013-08-15 at 12:59 PM.

Once again Origin is trash and I can't download any of my stuff I got.

How can Steam work fine and Origin just be so terrible?

Dead Space 3, STOP RESETTING YOUR DOWNLOAD.

Deleted
    Im shocked (in a good way) with EA... wtf is happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where the hell is the price?
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Where the hell is the price?
    On the right side. You can pay any amount you want for this bundle except for BF3 and Sims3. If you want BF3 and Sims 3 included, you need to pay $4,75 or more.