Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanitius View Post
    i just hope they get the pc port right this time, the inventory killed TW2 midgame for me
    Bit of an aside, but after playing the PC port for Devil May Cry 3, I can never again claim that a PC port is too bad for me to play. I mean... you just can't even comprehend it until you've played it. Imagine a game which requires you to use a gamepad to be even remotely successful at the game, yet is only compatible with a handful of specific models so you have to use a 3rd party converter program just to get your 360 controller to be detected. Then, after that nightmare is over, sometimes the game won't even let you close it. You literally have to end process the thing. Not because it freezes or anything, mind you. They just happened to leave out an "exit game" button. And forget about using the 'X' button to close it. Literally did nothing. Oh, you also cannot fullscreen the game.

So basically, they just took the PS2 game, reformatted it for Windows, and say "k, we're done."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    The CGI was fantastic, I've seen very few done better.

As for writing, acting, direction, emotional impact, and attention grabbing? It was very average in all departments.
    You probably never read a Witcher book
    It has so many hints to lore... that my holy fookin ballzy shit
    Its pure epicness in it's final form ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    The CGI was fantastic, I've seen very few done better.

As for writing, acting, direction, emotional impact, and attention grabbing? It was very average in all departments.
    I agree with this. CGI was outstanding.
    I know the witcher has a lot of interesting lore, but it just wasn't conveyed through the video. I didn't get an epic feeling as much as I got "incredible work on the graphics" feeling.

I still think that Heart of the Swarm / Wrath of the Lich King / Cataclysm cinematics are the best I've seen

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Yep, game was fucking awful, but this is the best cinematic out there, and the best Star Wars since Return of the Jedi,

LIES

This is the best cinematic ever and greater than all star wars movies combined. :P

OPs trailer was meh - certainly not interesed in trying out Witcher. So trailer was subpar. I mean I even bought Dead Island zombie game because of their trailer...
    Last edited by ldev; 2013-08-19 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    This is the best cinematic ever and greater than all star wars movies combined. :P
    You will pay for this heresy. Nothing is greater than all the SW movies combined. NOTHING.
    Jessica Alba naked riding a lazer shooting dinosaur that plays the guitar is not as awesome as star wars.
    Your soul will weep for mercy

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah those SWTOR cinematic's bring a tear to my eye, why didn't the game turn out as good as them

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Ah those SWTOR cinematic's bring a tear to my eye, why didn't the game turn out as good as them
    All that money, all that potential. Not saying its a bad game, but it did disappoint my expectations.

God if they just used those funds to make a CGI movie...

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    LIES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EQG1_oEnOo

OPs trailer was meh - certainly not interesed in trying out Witcher. So trailer was subpar. I mean I even bought Dead Island zombie game because of their trailer...
    This is my all time favorite trailer so far. Also Star Wars.

Deleted
    Grown people killing monsters, playing with space goats, elves, gnomes and casting magic stuff. And you are crying about pandas. Do you have any idea how funny this looks... Not that grown up are you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    You probably never read a Witcher book
    It has so many hints to lore... that my holy fookin ballzy shit
    Its pure epicness in it's final form ;o
    That's cool for the fans, and it might be a masterpiece when looked at as part of a bigger picture.

But the point of a trailer is to sell games. And anybody who is that involved in the Witcher lore was already going to buy this game anyway. For a trailer to truly be a masterpiece of it's genre, it has to make me want a game that I've literally never heard of before.

Not a bad trailer but I liked a specific one from The Witcher 2 better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HedLjjlSy3Y

I had seen some early ingame footage/screenshots of TW2 but when I saw that trailer I decided on the spot to buy the game.

I do not get the same vibe from watching that cinematic trailer of TW3. I will most certainly buy the game but it's mostly because I trust CD Projekt to deliver a quality game due to their reputation from previous game (TW2).

Deleted
    I do like the trailers more for the fact that it capture the essence of who Geralt is on moral level, due to the contrast between its own beliefs and the Witcher teachings of neutrality, in a very well made way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I do like the trailers more for the fact that it capture the essence of who Geralt is on moral level, due to the contrast between its own beliefs and the Witcher teachings of neutrality, in a very well made way.
    well said... /10 chars

Lol, what the hell are you talking about? Average cinematic from average outsourcing CGI-making studio. Nothing even close to Blizzard art studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    Jut what I was thinking while watching it. Seems weird that most people seem not to get it. It's a bit subtle but not THAT subtle. But then again lots of players seem hopelessly addicted to cinematics that have to spell out everything for them, so lazy they have become; and of course if it doesn't have lots of explosions and "some-god-please-make-them-witty" one-liners they seem unable to appreciate them.

To me it is certainly more enjoyable then the Mists' trailer, but not because "Blizzard fails" or because of the pandaren. Blizzard makes some awesome (if not short and empty of anything but spectacle) trailers, most of the time. And the pandaren are a very good addition to WarCraft's lore; even despite the fact they were pushed so badly to a place of prominence, with those out-of-nowhere connections to the Sundering and the Burning Legion. But the actual trailer was not as good as previous ones. It was reminiscent of the DC animated series, only in CGI. You don't have to have violence or sex to make a good trailer, but Mists' trailer was like watching some generic Saturday-morning cartoon. NOT what I would like personally. Still Wrath's trailer, vanilla's and Heart of the Swarm's were quite breathtaking. Especially Wrath's, for mixing great spectacle with surprisingly-good writing.

In general I don't think there is any reason to compare trailers. Just enjoy what you like most. I too would like for World of WarCraft to be more mature-oriented and intelligent, but making comparisons, especially between art pieces, as if there is an objective way of measuring such things, is in itself quite immature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithien View Post
    Jut what I was thinking while watching it. Seems weird that most people seem not to get it. It's a bit subtle but not THAT subtle. But then again lots of players seem hopelessly addicted to cinematics that have to spell out everything for them, so lazy they have become; and of course if it doesn't have lots of explosions and "some-god-please-make-them-witty" one-liners they seem unable to appreciate them.
    I think that is mostly related to the fact that you really really need to know *well* the character and the setting in order to understand the trailer and get really hyped from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Lol, what the hell are you talking about? Average cinematic from average outsourcing CGI-making studio. Nothing even close to Blizzard art studio.
    Eh? I mean, I can understand why people might like Blizzard's cinematics better, since it comes down to opinion. But I can hardly see why you'd call it average. The team that creates The Witcher cinematics is very talented.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Eh? I mean, I can understand why people might like Blizzard's cinematics better, since it comes down to opinion. But I can hardly see why you'd call it average. The team that creates The Witcher cinematics is very talented.
    I'm not saying that cinematic are bad or people who made it are bad. In fact all of those trailers are very good from professional point of view. I'm just pointing out that its quality is the same as of others CGIs (like TOR, DA, ME3, ESO you name it) thus average.
    In other hand, Blizzard cinematics are always next step in CGI visual quality revolution with style, story and graphics. Even Pixar couldn't create better trailers than Blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    DAMN that's good... Especially the graphics on the woman's face are ridiculously realistic. I've never even played the Witcher before, might as well try it out now that I've seen this shit

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    I'm not saying that cinematic are bad or people who made it are bad. In fact all of those trailers are very good from professional point of view. I'm just pointing out that its quality is the same as of others CGIs (like TOR, DA, ME3, ESO you name it) thus average.
    In other hand, Blizzard cinematics are always next step in CGI visual quality revolution with style, story and graphics. Even Pixar couldn't create better trailers than Blizzard.
    Blizzard is very good on a technical level. But I disagree with style and story, that is preference (i.e. I would take AC Revelations trailer over any Bliz trailer that I have seen). But really it is splitting hairs at this point. What will tip it for you is the content and your personal interest in that content.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2013-08-21 at 07:33 AM.