Page 1 of 3
LastLast

lolwut fire elemental nerf?!

So, any thoughts on why they nerfed Fire Elemental Summon?
    like they already screwed us with LvB Nerf, now this?

Deleted
    Shaman - the class for masochists.

[infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-08-15 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am completely dumbfounded. Expecting a huge lightning bolt and/or flame shock buff to compensate.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Deleted
    Already behind rogues and they get a big buff and enhancers get a big 20% nerf. Unbelievable.

And nearly everyone else gets also nice buffs. Its just insane. 20%!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted
    This is just sad. i really hope they buff lightning bolt a lot.
    I have just rerolled to shaman for 2 months ago, seems like a big mistake.

Deleted
    Just another example of the completely knee jerk reaction mentality of the people balancing this game, these recent changes are absolutely hilarious. There will never be balance if you can't use a balanced attitude while balancing classes.

Let me explain what its been like for shaman in Mists. Shaman will play the child, and Blizz will play a family friend, the kind you call Uncle even though there is no actual relation.

5.0 - Uncle Blizz shows up, and tells us he has our favorite brand of Toy, that rare Green Ranger Action Figure. We the Shaman get excited!
    5.1 - Uncle Blizz gives us the toy, no strings attached, We get even more excited!
    5.2 - Uncle Blizz mentions they have just pounds of candy in their car, and we can have as much as we want! Our excitement cannot be contained
    5.3 - Uncle Blizz leads us to their car, just spouting off promises of a Wonka-ian wonderland, where the water runs red, with Twizzlers (or your fav red candy, perhaps Hot Tamales)

5.4 - ShadowJester takes it WAY too far.

[infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-08-15 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shindaah View Post
    This is just sad. i really hope they buff lightning bolt a lot.
    I have just rerolled to shaman for 2 months ago, seems like a big mistake.
    speaking from a shaman who has played one since Vanilla, RUN while you still can.

I cant leave my shaman now, Ive invested too much time in it to leave now, but you have time to swap and move on.

EDIT: yay 1000 posts. go me.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

For those of you confused why Fire Elemental Totem was nerfed:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...08643900522496

We were concerned about Elemental DPS being too high in PvE

Yes, thats right.... elemental shaman are simply too amazing at single target dps, thus the Lava Burst and Fire Elemental Totems are nerfed to bring us back in line with the rest of our dps brethren. This wasnt a pvp nerf at all.

Yes, this is real life.
    No, this isnt April 1st.
    No, there is no shamanism buff coming to save us, we do too much damage.
    Last edited by Angrysteel; 2013-08-15 at 10:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrysteel View Post
    For those of you confused why Fire Elemental Totem was nerfed:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...08643900522496

We were concerned about Elemental DPS being too high in PvE

Yes, thats right.... elemental shaman are simply too amazing at single target dps, thus the Lava Burst and Fire Elemental Totems are nerfed to bring us back in line with the rest of our dps brethren.

Yes, this is real life.
    No, this isnt April 1st.
    No, there is no shamanism buff coming to save us, we do too much damage.
    My guild was raid testing PTR last night for the 29 minutes they let us on Iron Jugg, and in the pulls we had the rogue / hunters were obliterating me. Absolutely ridiculous.

I'm really wondering who they are basing all these nerfs and buffs on, as it's not an isolated case. I spoke to many of the guilds around the entrance and all said the same. Hutner / rogue burst is pretty OP right now.

So, why the enhance nerfs ? Fuck sake.

It has become a running gag in MoP that Elem has no single target DPS, and then GC comes out and states that Elem DPS is too high and needs to be nerfed??

I have been playing on the 5.4 PTR for quite some time and Elemental is just nowhere near the scary cat GC seems to think it is.

Really no clue what kind of testing Blizzard did to draw these conclusions - if these heavy nerfs are not going to be compensated, i think Elemental just won't be taken to any boss fight where single target dps matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentist View Post
    So, why the enhance nerfs ? Fuck sake.
    That is what I'm saying, on live right now, I usually am top 8, sometimes top 3, but only when i am in a group of slightly under LFR geared dudes, I only have LFR gear, so its not the best show of damage output, but seriously, we were no where near the top or best DPS, there was no need to bring us down so much, the only thing that I would find acceptable would be a slight LL nerf to balance our new insta 5SF procs with the 4P bonus. But no need to be so harsh across the board

I don't understand how they can justify nerfing Elemental Single target damage. Oh yeah pvp kids crying. Better luck next tier Mr. Elemental Shaman.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    I just don't understand how after years of this bullshit balancing that they haven't just considered having different numbers for PvE and PvP, would save them alot of trouble as well as us.

You guys keep talking about pvp and pve being intertwined. While that is an issue (and is for several classes), it has absolutely nothing to do with the nerfs we just took. Our damage was too high in pve, we got hit with pve nerfs, the end. If anything, the pvp'ers should be crying foul for pve nerfing them ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Angrysteel View Post
    You guys keep talking about pvp and pve being intertwined. While that is an issue (and is for several classes), it has absolutely nothing to do with the nerfs we just took. Our damage was too high in pve, we got hit with pve nerfs, the end. If anything, the pvp'ers should be crying foul for pve nerfing them ;p
    Elemental one of the lowest single target dps specs in the game (probably the lowest 'viable' spec)
    Nerf on single target ability and a cooldown
    ?

How does that add up correctly to you?
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Already behind rogues and they get a big buff and enhancers get a big 20% nerf. Unbelievable.

And nearly everyone else gets also nice buffs. Its just insane. 20%!!!!!!!!!!
    Not nearly everyone gets buffs :P
    Shammies can onebutton obliterate most in pvp at the moment, and afaik the far best cleave in game currently. It's not unwarranted to nerf you a bit, despite what you feel.
    Being behind rogues isn't a problem, since rogues are OP. We can agree that the buff to rogues don't make sense though, since they're already very strong in both pvp and pve. But that's more a question of nerfing rogues, not buffing other classes past that.

You're honestly in a good postion. If you don't perform well in a lot of situations it's not because shammies are weak..
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    why do they buff almost every other class in damage and we shamans get nerfed?.
    Look at mages ...

Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    one button obliterate most? please, let me play the shaman you play but I don't see that happen for enhancers and it's an extremely rare rng based case for eles with gear.

shamans just started to move towards a zone where would've been in the upper middle of class balance and now blizz pushes as back down for no reason.
    You already are high in the upper middle spectrum in pve damagewise atm with enhance. Elemental is just a bit over middle. Middle isn't exiting but it's a fine place.
    Not a bad position to be in. Enhance have nothing to complain about.
    They're better off than almost all other meleeclasses, with the exception of rogues.

As i said, rogues don't deserve the buff, and i supose it get reverted soon enough.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Mages/Warlocks. Rest of the Range always sucked. Like ANYONE can understand why they are nerfing Ele when they are already fucking lightyears behind.

Good Fucking Job Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    Look at mages ...
    Oh fuck the Highest DPS Class in the Game getting a Nerf.