View Poll Results: We NEED new character models ASAP!

Voters
382. This poll is closed
  • Yes! I want new vanilla models immediately!

338 88.48%
  • No! We can wait a bit longer. I'd prefer 2 new races instead.

44 11.52%
Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The 5.4 trailer showcases the need for new vanilla models over new races.

The 5.4 model showcases why the vanilla remodels should take priority over new race implementations. Garrosh looked simply amazing, as did Zhu. The awesome thing is that both were using ingame models. The problem is that our player models are nearly a decade old and look the part.

Here is an image of Garrosh from Burning Crusade to MoP. The differences are staggering;

There is a good chance that the old player models are causing new players to not play WoW. Let's face it; Graphics are a huge part of people enjoying and playing games. When a game looks dated, it can be a turn off for younger players, or people who have never played WoW before. That trailer looked great, and it looked like it came from a modern game. However, those vanilla character models look like they came from 2004.

Blizzard should make the new character remodels a priority over any new race development. I can't imagine another expansion where I'm looking at 2 new races I don't care about with incredible animation and expressions, and my 7 year old Orc shaman still has clipping issues, static expressions, and blocky looking hands.

Agree or Disagree?

Deleted
    Uhm, we know? Vanilla is getting updated..taking priority over everything else.

I'm reaaaally expecting to see the new models revealed at Blizzcon.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm reaaaally expecting to see the new models revealed at Blizzcon.
    Let's not underestimate the laziness that Blizzard apparently seems to have... but yes, I expect Blizzcon to have the updated WoW race models.'

--UPDATE--

Adding this response that I added on the 8th page here:
    -----
    Let me reiterate on what I meant by 'laziness'. Blizzard has promised us new character models since early Cataclysm (if I recall), and then in early Mists of Pandaria (and with all the new models being done by the time MoP goes live, if I recall). They said the dwarf was done, but didn't say if any other race models were done.

If Blizzard promised something to us at the beginning of an expansion, like race models, then we should have gotten them. That means Blizzard is only lazy with the one thing that people have been requesting for.. well, forever, really. I never meant to say that Blizzard was 'lazy' in any other way. In fact, I don't think Blizzard is as lazy as some people may have imagined them to be. If Blizzard was able to produce faster content patches for Mists of Pandaria, then that doesn't mean they're lazy for /that/ reason alone. They might be lazy with one or two features here or there, or something else.
    Last edited by TheRealDavidTwo; 2013-08-18 at 11:38 PM.

Considering they were working on the new race models and the Pandaren concurrently, I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to do it again and provide both. With that said, the decision of whether or not to create a new race or two most likely was made over a year ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Considering they were working on the new race models and the Pandaren concurrently, I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to do it again and provide both. With that said, the decision of whether or not to create a new race or two most likely was made over a year ago.
    I'm not so sure. 2 new races against vanilla races looking like the Garrosh model? Who the hell would bother with the 2 new races, or even care about them? Most WoW players play Humans or one of the Elf races.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why compromise?

They've been working on these models since Blizzcon 2011 at least. 2.5 years to make new models is easy, especially if they had 1 race done and 2 more in progress by early last year.

New models are also easy enough to make, they require fewer resources than a new race. I won't be satisfied with an excuse of "the new models meant no time to make races or a class."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I expect both new race models including blood elves and draenei, in addition to anything new the next expansion brings.

I'm pretty sure they didn't use any other model races in the Siege trailer because they didn't want to show any new model so far. They're saving it for Blizzcon/next X-pac.
    Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/sergioquijadaart
    Webpage: http://www.sergioquijada.cl
    Twitter: @sergioquijada
    Instagram: @sergioquijada

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I expect both new race models including blood elves and draenei, in addition to anything new the next expansion brings.
    I suspect the Vanilla races and 2 new races will come in 6.0, and the BC races will come in 6.2 or so.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Why compromise?

They've been working on these models since Blizzcon 2011 at least. 2.5 years to make new models is easy, especially if they had 1 race done and 2 more in progress by early last year.

New models are also easy enough to make, they require fewer resources than a new race. I won't be satisfied with an excuse of "the new models meant no time to make races or a class."
    Yeah, except there's 8 new models to make. Also we're probably going to get things like sub-races, new expressions, tattoos, and other stuff.

That is if they focused on that instead of worrying about making 2 new races too.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Also we're probably going to get things like sub-races, new expressions, tattoos, and other stuff
    They haven't even hinted they're going to do any of that, and even if they do it does not automatically preclude new races.

10+ Year Old Account
    we dam well need it, all vanilla races badly need this.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I was suprised to find out that they would rather update 4.0 Garrosh (which isn't bad at all) than 1.0 Baine or 2.0 Lor'Themar to give us an idea of what future models might look like.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    I was suprised to find out that they would rather update 4.0 Garrosh (which isn't bad at all) than 1.0 Baine or 2.0 Lor'Themar to give us an idea of what future models might look like.
    Because Garrosh is a raid boss and they were heading off the anti-reuse faction. If we were going to kill Baine or Lor'themar, they would have gotten their updates shown.

It should be the #1 priority, but I don't want Blizz to use this as an excuse to not create new content as well because of "limited resources". When you have resources to make mounts and pets that you sell for hundreds of thousands, you have time to create new content as well.

I'm waiting for the next expansion trailer at Blizzcon showing the new models !_!

15+ Year Old Account
    I really see no reason for it. They look perfectly fine to me, all it will do is create more rule 34.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said here, Blizzard can give us both options, why be satisfied with only one being able to have both?

Deleted
    I want new vanilla and bc models. Top pirority over any graphical upgrades for me. I bet it is also a mayor turn off for new players. They see a cg trailer than log in and 10 year old models welcome them... Even if the endgame was the best thing in the world, most of them won't last long enough to see that. If I was new to wow I would be really disappointed as the character creation. Especially after playing a bit of tera.

I really hope new models mean new 3D gear aswell. I've had enough of my body fit pants and chests. Same goes for gloves and boots models. They use the same ones for all the different gears. There are like 5 boots in the game reskinned thousands of times :/
    Just look at Tyrande's gear for example. Give those deatails to player gears!