Poll: Who will kill Garrosh?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Thrall.
    He was way too involved when he left the "throne" to him, he might also finish it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it will be us, the players.

Vol'jin doesn't deserve it and if he does get it, it's gonna be like when you do all the work in a BG to kill someone, all for someone to come running over and steal your killing blow. Vol'jin is too much of a pussy to go 1 on 1 with the great one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damsbo View Post
    I really like it..
    I.. Want this. Dont care what anyone else says. Its awesome!
    It really isn't. If you want something that already exists with an equivalent level of emotional depth I am sure we can find a looping video of something exploding.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Varian will beat him down.

Then Vol'Jin will be up in the rafters and bellow

"NO, dis.... dis last one.... dis be ma honor"

and put an arrow through his heart then before he hits the ground, straight between his eyes.
    You need some anatomy classes.

Deleted
    Varok. I think it'd be a really nice unexpected sentiment. And actually bring some lore-love back to the character.

Personally, even though I am Alliance, I think the only one out of the Alliance that i'd want to see is Varian, if they played it right, Jaina would just not be good.

Voted for Vol'Jin but I really hope it's an alliance leader, not because of story balance but because it would be more of a surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    Varok. I think it'd be a really nice unexpected sentiment. And actually bring some lore-love back to the character.

Personally, even though I am Alliance, I think the only one out of the Alliance that i'd want to see is Varian, if they played it right, Jaina would just not be good.
    Varok would be perfect, but perhaps maximum emotional impact will be derived if the scene is designed to mimic the cinematic where Grom died.

Wounded by the players Garrosh collapses. Thrall goes over to Garrosh, after stopping Vol'Jin from just shooting him there and then, and cradles his head to listen to the bitter last words of his greatest mistake before he succumbs to his wounds.

Whether at the very end in those words, Garrosh dies believing in his absolute righteousness or if in the final moments he realises his mistakes would define the tone of the scene.

I think if they did it right, Garrosh cannot repent at the end. He has to die accusing Thrall and those who followed of him of having betrayed the Horde, mocking Thrall for the number of dead Orcs that the battle has left, and reminding Thrall very pointedly who put him in charge.

Because each of these words will be like a black dagger in Thrall's heart instead, because this entire situation is one he played a major part in making. Only then will Garrosh close his eyes, driving home that there is no victory here today. Just a lot of dead people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many possibilities for us to say.

Vol'Jin, for his hatred and his oath of the "arrow to the throat".

Thrall, for making the mistake of putting him warchief.

Varian, for losing so many of his own AND for hurting his son.

Jaina, for losing all she had: Theramore.

Sylvanas, for being treated as shit since Garrosh ascension.

The players, as Blizzard stated they wanted the players more involved in expansion's last raid boss kill.

So, honestly, I really have no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Sylvanas, for being treated as shit since Garrosh ascension.
    There really wasn't anything wrong with his treatment of Sylvanas.
    He rejects her use of necromancy (as does every other damn race) and when he questions her about it she acts like a smart arse and he calls her a bitch. He rejected her tactics and responded when offended by and an offence.

His treatment of Sylavans is one of his rare moments where he's actually in the right.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-09-05 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember....Garrosh has two hearts. The heart of an old god (which reborn has raised interest with the Legion) and his own mortal heart. Blizzard is writing the script (ok, not fully but the theme) for the next expac based on how and why he dies.

Just as with the death of Deathwing and the fall of the Aspects. The rise of the mortals have taken on a new meaning and the threats incoming will be born from Garroshs death.

BTW, it's no one you ever suspect.
    Not much to say other than I'm a Share Holder in ActivisionBlizzard.

Metzen's alter ego Thrall will of course. Green Jesus saves the day again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    I still hope he tries but gets his ass handed to him. But with Blizzard it will going to be the obvious, so...
    Well, he said with an arrow, not hand-to-hand or some shit, so .....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Varian, Jaina and Thrall all have the appropriate lore too.

Garrosh is the Orc that's caused so much destruction in Alliance that Varian has bring an end to such a Orc. He then made it personal by almost killing Anduin. Varian and Garrosh have been rivals since Wrath and have crossed blades more than any other leaders have.

Jaina lost her entire blooming city to Garrosh and was then played by Garrosh during Theramore with his Blood Elven insurgents. To make matters more personal we learn that Garrosh has been holding Theramore civilians as prisoners and has been forcing them to fight each other for the Orcs amusement.

Thrall is and feels responsible for his error in appointing Garrosh. He wants to personally end this and correct his own mistake. He lost Cairne; his best friend to Garrosh. Garrosh has also pressed the reset button on the Orcs road to redemption after the Second War and has ruined everything Thrall worked for to better his people and the Horde.

To give to just one is frankly silly. They all have god damn good reasons to want to kill him. By giving it to one it will make the other's story arcs have a almost hollow ending. While it annoys me to say it will also inevitably cause a shit storm of "faction bias" to whomever gets it.
    Giving it to the players is the best solution to all of this. It does not have to be written off as one faction and as none of the lore characters get it, they are all immediately placed on even ground thus making none of their stories conclusions feeling hollow in the face of a another heroes story trumping their own.
    I hear ya. It makes sense, and objectively-speaking, I concur this resolution to be the most logical choice (considering it's a game and all, as well...)
    ... just that in my biased opinion, I just want to see Vol'jin keep his promise, especially after the Dagger in the Dark scenario, and having read Shadows of the Horde. Vol'jin's always been one of my fav lore chars, but recent events have actually lifted him to the number one position. So yeah, I'm openly bias ;p

Deleted
    Keep in mind that it is most likely that the guy who delivers the killing blow would be the next Warchief. So likely it'll be Lor'themar Theron or Vol'jin.

Towards the end of the fight Garrosh begins to laugh, stands back up and tells you all "I've had my fun, now die!" And wipes the raid in a single cleave, he stands over your broken corpse and those of Vol'Jin and Varian (who later turns out to just be badly injured) to gloat that he cannot be defeated.

Suddenly there is an ear piercing howl from outside the gates of Orgrimmar and we see Garrosh on the battlements looking down at a small army of Death Knights flying the Warsong banner, at the head of them stands the resurrected Death Knight version of Grommash Hellscream who proceeds to lead his men into Orgrimmar and destroy Garrosh's remaining guards while Grom, hesitantly decapitates Garrosh and silently seats himself on the seat as Warchief of the Horde.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Either Vol'jin or Wrathion flys in as a whelp and stabs Garrosh with the lightning lance.

Deleted
    I will. It will be me who get the last hit, just so it can be stolen by the likes of Vol'jin, stupid Kill stealers
    Last edited by mmoc679fbf879f; 2013-09-07 at 09:50 PM.

Deleted
    Voljin arrow enhanced by thrall while jaina frostnova'd garrosh.