Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't care. You are being very rude about this stupid trademark thing.
    Guy seems like a top tier A-hole, just ignore him.

Same could be said about chrisisvacant, but hey, let's just talk about me right?

Just stop before you hurt yourself.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I would assume that the trademark office would not get a call from Blizzard's representative saying it was fake, and then continue to waste personnel on its examination process rather than canceling it, yes.
    Indeed, we don't know for sure why it was taken down. Could indeed be a fake, could be just some hitch in the procedure, could be there's an update being made, could be the trademark was transferred somewhere else and this was just to ensure Blizz kept EU priority.

We haven't proved TDB is fake just because this trademark is missing. The only way to prove that it is for either a leak to come out or Blizzcon to pass.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Take your arguments to PM, please
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    How about saying you don't know what it is, and that nobody knows but Blizzard?
    No one on these forums says that. At least as far as speculation goes.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    While they are good hints, They don't say that the next expac will be N'zoth, they do hint it will come, but not that it will be the next to come, I'll get some sauce ready for my hat just incase, But I'm not eating it just yet:P
    You're right, but that would also mean the Burning Legion doesn't have to be next. N'Zoth/Azshara stuff was foreshadowed/hinted at in Cataclysm. Burning Legion hints/foreshadowing in Mists of Pandaria, yet everyone is like "IT MUST BE BURNING LEGION NEXT. IT CAN'T BE ANYTHING ELSE!".

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    Guy seems like a top tier A-hole, just ignore him.
    Yes. Calling him an asshole for disagreeing with you. Sure makes you seem high and mighty now, doesn't it? What's next. You guys are gonna tell him not to be rude again when he replies with equal force?
    Dude.. biased much?

"Stop spreading bullshit."

"You wanna argue the veracity of this filing? Fine. But don't make up shit out of thin air to support your argument, especially when it contains logic-breaking caveats-"

That isn't rude? Get out of here man.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Take your arguments to PM, please
    It has to do with the thread

That would just be silly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Yep I can list most of them
    [snip]
    Better get some sauce to choke down that hat

Observational bias much?

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Observational bias much?
    Name how it could mean something else then

I swear people will say anything when they're in denial

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock off the personal sniping back and forth right now. It's off-topic and derailing. Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    We haven't proved TDB is fake just because this trademark is missing. The only way to prove that it is for either a leak to come out or Blizzcon to pass.
    This is why it's impossible to prove a negative.

...are people actually arguing about this? Just wait and see and you'll find out soon enough. It either is or isn't true and no amount of "I'm right and you're wrong!!!" will change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Name how it could mean something else then

I swear people will say anything when they're in denial

you can't pick just the evidence that supports your idea, you have to lay out all evidence that exists, that would be the entire game. including every red herring, and every contradictory statement, and to do otherwise is unscientific observational bias

do you even science?
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-08-30 at 12:54 AM.

Blizzard hints at the next expansion prior to its release every single time.
    Remember naxxramas? Was introduced as the last Vanilla WoW patch. What came next? TBC.

TBC, btw, didn't hint at WOTLK. Besides the whole pre-expansion "ghoul mayhem" patch, that is. But by that time, we already knew.

WOTLK did have the ruby sanctum. But by that time, we already knew that the next expansion would feature Deathwing.

And MoP? No hints whatsoever in previous expansions.

So, you're kinda off, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    This is why it's impossible to prove a negative.
    This debate will end either when Blizzard confirms TDB to be fake (for some reason they still have not done so) or once the next expansion is announced at Blizzcon, whatever comes first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    This debate will end either when Blizzard confirms TDB to be fake (for some reason they still have not done so) or once the next expansion is announced at Blizzcon, whatever comes first.
    there shouldn't be a debate until there is an official announcement, there can be speculation, but all speculation has to be bound by the caveat 'we are all just blowing smoke and playing with ideas'

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    you can't pick just the evidence that supports your idea, you have to pick all evidence that would be the entire game
    and to do otherwise is unscientific observations bias

do you even science?
    Obviously because I noticed the hinting pattern, which you still seem to not see/grasp/understand.

Name evidence for other options except the Burning legion returning.

Btw if you think the burning legion is the next expansion, I suggest you just stop posting in this thread, because so far you all are making yourself look silly starting fights and not stating any evidence other then they keep mentioning the burning legion in MoP.

You know what they also mention in MoP? In the conclusion to the Legendary quest, Wrathion states his intentions of using the alliance to conquer the rest of the broken horde to unite to be prepared for the Legion. He said it would at least take a year to conquer the Tauren at least, so why would the legion show up right after MoP?

Don't worry, you all will get the legion after TBD, no need to fret
    Last edited by Bill Nye the Spy; 2013-08-29 at 09:31 PM.

Yep I can list most of them
    1. Ra'den Quote: "Wait! I am... I am not your enemy. You are powerful, more powerful than he was, even... perhaps you are right. Perhaps there is still hope.
    But there is a yawning chasm of darkness beneath you mortals, vast, endless, and all consuming. I do not believe that you can correct this doomed course.

But you have earned the right to try. Farewell."
    2. The Blank Scroll: "Stormwind fell. The orcs reigned supreme. For a time.
    The Dark Portal, left unguarded, was reclaimed by the Burning Legion. Horrors rose from the sea and found no champions left to stop them.
    Azeroth's mountains burned and melted. Its oceans boiled until nothing remained. And all was dark."
    (Don't say it could be the legion as well, because after 5.4 the portal is still guarded.)
    3. Ozumat: Fiend of the Dark Below as well as the stuff in Vas'hir
    4. Erudax, the Duke of Below, who is a Faceless General, and if you know lore, they work for the Old Gods, specifically N'Zoth
    5. N'zoth's Constant mentioning in Cata, and we know he's still out there.
    6. The Naga and Azshara are still out there, and we know Azshara made a pact with an Old God so that her loyal people would survive and turn into naga.
    7. Vashj'ir, that giant whatever the hell its name is thing is being drained for something huge underneath it.
    8. http://www.mmoculture.com/wp-content...013-poster.jpg | There's a lot of water in that poster, I wonder why. Thrall being a shaman is not the answer btw. I'll save you the post.
    9. Yogg Puzzle Box
    10. Could perfectly tie in the Legion expansion after it, with Azshara as last boss trying to use the remains of the Well of Eternity to bring the Burning Legion back. (This is obviously not a hint, just would make sense.)
    11. There's more I can't think of right now, but this is more than enough hints at TDB being real

To be fair most of these aren't very solid evidence.

1) While Ra'den's quote does lend itself to being about DaLow, it could also just be a metaphorical statement about how Azeroth is standing on the edge of a cliff in terms of danger. Another way of saying that Azeroth is a lone candle surrounded by darkness.

2) "Don't say it could be the legion as well, because after 5.4 the portal is still guarded." True. But after 5.4 no horrors rise from the sea. 6.0 could be DaLow stuff rising from the ocean, or it could be the Legion retaking the portal, it's rather silly to just completely ignore one while putting faith in the other.

3 and 4) I put these together because they are the same. Neither adds validity to DaLow's existence. If a Hoax trademark was made with the name "Fall of Argus" does that make every Draenei who is a member of "The Hand of Argus" evidence that the expansion is real? If it was a hoax, the name was chosen BECAUSE of Ozumat, it's no hint.

5) True, but the Legion's return was also hinted at during Cata by velen's prophecy. And we saw hints of the return in subtle places like the Satyr in Hyjal who is awaiting the master's return.

6) Not sure why this is even on the list. Sargeras and the Legion are still out there too.

7) This just part of number five.

8) There was a lot of ice in the Splash Screen teaser that Blizzard did prior to WotLK, I wonder why. (No reason, the teaser was actually for D3 -- I'll save you the post)

9) I fail to see how the puzzlebox indicates anything about what expansions are to come, it just says that Ny'alotha and the Black Forest exist, etc. Refer to number Six.

10. There is no reason for Azshara to attempt to resummon the legion. She only sought their help the first time because she wanted more power for her plan to cleanse the world. Assiting the legion completely backfired and resulted in her and the majority of the noble caste being thrown into the sea to drown and then turned into horrible sea monsters. Why on earth would she bother to try something like summoning the legion again, when she now has the strength of both Old God empowerment, and Neptulon. A Legion expansion could perfectly tie into an Azshara expansion. With the Alliance and Horde struggling to recover from barely winning on another planet, the opportunity to strike arises.

11. This isn't a thing. Why would you add this.

This isn't to say that I think a Legion expansion is more likely.
    I think either one could work, and that it's entirely dependent on Blizzard's whim.

I just think if you're going to be cocky with lines like:

You should at least provide one piece of real, hard evidence in your post, instead of a list of things that don't prove anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am purely agnostic vis-a-vis the next expansion. (i have no idea, no opinion, no guess)
    and hidden-pattern searching is the hallmark of pseudoscience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it time to celebrate since this "The Dark Below" might not be the next expansion? Sounded very boring anyways.