Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'll give you the RTS have a lot to do with teh demons.
    Fair enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify I hope you aren't implying I don't like an Azshara arc.
    Not at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The Legion would see a major sub jump... only to fall off when they realize it's not the final WoW expansion.
    Nah, more like 12 million more subs. And this time they would stay high and never drop.

No, it isn't. Nobody knows that Kil'Jaeden created the Lich King. NOBODY on Azeroth knows except us the (Readers). We get nods about Ner'zhul being a shaman("I was once a shaman). I'm pointing out that as far as Wrath concerned. Demons and the Legion were not important or notable despite what you want to believe.
    Anyone who was once Scourge knows that Kil'jaeden created the Lich King. Kel'thezud told Arthas, which meant the knowledge was already apart of the Cult of the Damned. Sylvanas was aware of the entanglements of the Burning Legion to the Lich King as well. Kil'jaeden told Illidan, who in turn brought Vashj and Kael'thas into the fold. I would be EXTREMELY surprised if the major factions leaders weren't all aware that the first Lich King was Ner'zhul.
    That being said, they may not know that Ner'zhul is within the Helm of Domination that Bolvar now wears, but it's pretty far fetched to believe that only two or three characters in lore knew about the origins of the Lich King.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Nah, more like 12 million more subs. And this time they would stay high and never drop.
    Don't you think that if Blizzard, in all their infinite wisdom and spreadsheets, thought that was the case they would have revisited the Legion by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It'd also be quite the strange coincidence for the application to be logged on the EXACT same day as that of Reaper of Souls, which we know is legit.
    The site actually shows them being logged a day and some 3662 application numbers apart.
    Last edited by Dispersedshadow; 2013-08-18 at 06:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    The site actually shows them being logged a day and some 3662 application numbers apart.
    It would appear so... but keep in mind, it says that the logs are part of the examination process.

But regardless, it's been three days since it was submitted, and they haven't tossed it out on what would otherwise be very definitive and easy-to-expose grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    Don't you think that if Blizzard, in all their infinite wisdom and spreadsheets, thought that was the case they would have revisited the Legion by now?
    I highly doubt the theme of the expansion is what's key to holding on to any significant number of players throughout the life of said expansion.

Hell, people were stoked about Cataclysm, and the first few months were great. But no manner of world-blowing-up dragon can hold people's attention if gameplay begin to falter.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-08-18 at 06:14 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

It would appear so... but keep in mind, it says that the logs are part of the examination process.
    I definitely found it a day after the Reaper of Souls mark was added into the database, I don't think it matters either way though. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Anyone who was once Scourge knows that Kil'jaeden created the Lich King. Kel'thezud told Arthas, which meant the knowledge was already apart of the Cult of the Damned. Sylvanas was aware of the entanglements of the Burning Legion to the Lich King as well. Kil'jaeden told Illidan, who in turn brought Vashj and Kael'thas into the fold. I would be EXTREMELY surprised if the major factions leaders weren't all aware that the first Lich King was Ner'zhul.
    That being said, they may not know that Ner'zhul is within the Helm of Domination that Bolvar now wears, but it's pretty far fetched to believe that only two or three characters in lore knew about the origins of the Lich King.
    Nobody actually does know. Just because you're Scourge doesn't mean you would know. Kel'thuzad told Arthas yeah but from what I recall not that Kil'Jaeden did it or the actual detail..

Illidan I will grant but it doesn't mean the rest were told. That's a bit far fetched if you ask me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I don't understand why people think Argus will be an expansion.

Argus, like Xoroth, is a conquered planet filled with countless MILLIONS of demons. And the main weakness of the Legion, which is limited transportation via gateways (especially the big time players like Kil'Jaeden), would not be a factor here. And it's not like there are any Draenei left on Argus to have some sort of resistance since Argus has been in Legion control for 20,000 years (unless Blizzard really wants to make the Legion look really incompetent).

The Alliance and the Horde combined, even with the assistance of the Naaru, the now mortal Dragonflight, Tirion with the Ashbringer, Bolvar the Lich King 2.0, the Keepers of Ulduar and the Celestials, would get wiped out by endless demon zergs. Unless they want to make a joke out of the lore and have some super magical deus ex machina weapon save the day (just like in Mass Effect 3), or by somehow giving every NPC and their mother an Axe of Cenarius in order to clear zones away so the heroes can quest and get money/loot as well as have a sanctuary/town/flight points, this won't happen.

The best way to go for a Burning Legion expansion would be another invasion (either Blizzard remakes the world again via Cata or open up new areas) or by having the Alliance and Horde intercept the Legion invaded a new planet inhabited by new magic users.

I can see Argus being used as a final patch content for a Burning Legion expansion though. All of the above forces combined open a portal and make a single and focused attack on the Legion headquarters.
    Last edited by IdTheDemon; 2013-08-18 at 07:39 AM.

People... Think about it...

If this was fake, Blizzard would stop this whole thing before it goes too far and people are disappointed by even the greatest expansion ever.

Until they deny it, expect that it's true. If they don't deny it, they're laughing at all of us and making us look like fools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LookingGlass View Post

If this was fake, Blizzard would stop this whole thing before it goes too far and people are disappointed by even the greatest expansion ever.

Until they deny it, expect that it's true. If they don't deny it, they're laughing at all of us and making us look like fools.

Why would they try to say "No not true." Might as well let us keep in suspense.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Well. Since the trademark has made it to the Searches Approved category, can we finally say it's NOT fake? Seems pretty damn realm.
    No. Every application goes through the Searches inspection so as to make sure that there is no existing CTMs on record. If a CTM is found with the same name and/or class then a Seniority and/or Priority examination will take place to see if the application supersedes the existing CTM. Listen I'm not saying that it isn't real but you can't say that it's confirmed yet either.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium

But regardless, it's been three days since it was submitted, and they haven't tossed it out on what would otherwise be very definitive and easy-to-expose grounds.
    Do remember that we ARE dealing with bureaucrats here. Something that would reasonably be taken care of in a couple days, can easily take YEARS for them, so don't expect any action to be taken soon, or even Soon™.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

I already said I'm not going to peruse 57 pages of posts that swing wildly in and out of relevancy to the topic at hand for one piece of information that may or may not be applicable to what I'm actually contending. I mean, look at the posts above mine. People arguing about Pandaren. Totally relevant to European Trademark and Copyright law, right?

And if it's such common knowledge, I'm quite surprised no one has quipped up with "no, you're wrong because of X Y and Z, based on this legal documentation" It's all just been "somewhere in this thread... there's an answer! And it'll show you!"
    Here is your proof that anyone can submit a CTM application under a different companies name:

Quote Originally Posted by link4117 View Post
    Alright, I'm done. We'll find out in time either way. I'll leave with two screenshots showing that it is possible to file a fake trademark with no real work.

http://puu.sh/43jzy.png
    http://puu.sh/43jCs.png
    Now you are more than welcome to go through the application process and verify this for yourself.

What does "tossing it out" look like or entail in a bureaucracy?

How many people does the rejection have to go through before they flag it as rejected on the site? Or, worst case scenario, do they treat all discrepancies found during the examination process (no matter how large or small) according to the protocol I outlined earlier.

All I'm saying is that unless we've been inside the belly of this particular bureaucratic leviathan, we can't say with certainty how or when we could expect a rejection (if one was necessary) to appear on the site.

Addendum: As evidence of how slow and complicated bureaucracy can work – note that Urufu made the same exact point that I did, more succinctly, and a full 9 minutes before me, even though I probably hit reply well before he did.
    Last edited by Dispersedshadow; 2013-08-18 at 06:57 AM.

Deleted
    I highly doubt the theme of the expansion is what's key to holding on to any significant number of players throughout the life of said expansion.

Hell, people were stoked about Cataclysm, and the first few months were great. But no manner of world-blowing-up dragon can hold people's attention if gameplay begin to falter.
    I imagine the theme might get initial sales, but it won't keep people.

Dragonsoul was the first time I've considered quitting the game since the raiding was just depressing compared to previous expansions and seemed to keep getting worse. MOP, thematically, isn't really something I'm head over heels in love with, but it's CONTENT is absolutely fantastic, challenge modes and some of the best raiding we've ever had? Yeah, it's theme doesn't do anything for me but how strong and well made the expansion is has won me over.

Quote Originally Posted by LookingGlass View Post

Considering they flat out lied about MOP and generally don't talk about other expansion snooping, I doubt we'd get a word from blizzard either way - they want people speculating so they can generate hype at blizzcon or wherever they finally announce it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Here is your proof that anyone can submit a CTM application under a different companies name:

Now you are more than welcome to go through the application process and verify this for yourself.
    That just says it's a draft not an actual submission. I don't think anyone here is denying that someone else could have filled out the form.

The issue is that if this is a hoax then:

A) Even at this point in the application process somehow the OHIM hasn't checked for fraud

and

B) This is a very, very brave hoaxster, because no one has had the balls to actually submit an application in Blizzard's name since.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Considering they flat out lied about MOP and generally don't talk about other expansion snooping, I doubt we'd get a word from blizzard either way - they want people speculating so they can generate hype at blizzcon or wherever they finally announce it.
    They never lied about MoP, they cracked jokes (like they're doing now) and said, "When we use the Pandaren it usually involves books and the card game." or something to that effect.

Blizzard, like any good politician, is very careful to avoid straight up, boldfaced lies. They tell half-truths and are disingenuous, but they never lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any news that shows this isn't a hoax yet?

Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    That just says it's a draft not an actual submission. I don't think anyone here is denying that someone else could have filled out the form.

The issue is that if this is a hoax then:

A) Even at this point in the application process somehow the OHIM hasn't checked for fraud

and

B) This is a very, very brave hoaxster, because no one has had the balls to actually submit an application in Blizzard's name since.
    Yes a draft would be what something is called before you submit it to them.

A) OHIM doesn't check for fraud. That falls on the Representative when notified by OHIM.

B) You could easily use a public terminal/wifi and have no worries that this would catch up to you.

All of this hinges on the fact as to what happens after you press the OK button to submit the draft. I've never filed a trademark online and have only gone through legal counsel to obtain the ones I have filed so no clue how/what happens after hitting OK. That and I will not be the martyr here just to see what does happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
    Any news that shows this isn't a hoax yet?
    It seems that it could be but don't bet the farm on it just yet.

Yes a draft would be what something is called before you submit it to them.
    Then I guess I don't see your point.

A) OHIM doesn't check for fraud. That falls on the Representative when notified by OHIM.
    So you're telling me that at no time during the examination process the OHIM verifies the credentials of the applicant or contacts the applicant's representative?

B) You could easily use a public terminal/wifi and have no worries that this would catch up to you..
    Then why has no one done so? There was no hesitation before.
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-08-18 at 07:26 AM.