Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Take a look at this guy, he's got way smaller muscles but he's ten times stronger than the guy from the OT video...
    Yep two totally different versions of strength imho. Some body builders focus on only a selection of muscles that allow them to perform their various lifts and get big. The guy you linked works every single one of his body muscles in equal proportions which means he can do pretty much anything and know that his body will be strong, no matter what muscles he calls upon at the time. I'm too much of a lazy bum to even try.. but if I could have either body, I'd have Jan's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravock View Post
    What, do you think that if someone takes any steroids in any amounts or combinations, that they will immediately turn into someone you see on a professional body building stage?

Yeah thats totally what I said. Don't workout, just take good roids and do curls = win.
    I'm saying he has got shitty balance in arms and if he did a lot of roids, they didn't have a lot of effect.

Deleted
    yupp. If you don't think so you haven't been around people that take roids.

I'm actually wildly unimpressed. I'm a skinny little runner/cyclist guy (~59 kg) and I do sets of ten reps with a bit over half that (I have no idea what I'd max at, zero interest in maxing). I'd expect someone with arms that look like that to not be struggling to up 26 kg. He has a roided out look, but he's not impressively strong for his size.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Can't say for sure, but it certainly looks like he skips a leg day or two (or fifty).
    I never saw his legs since those capri pants he was wearing covered them as far as I could tell, but it didn't look like he did a lot of back work either... 'roids are a possibility, but certainly not required, to get that look, you just need to have a plan (both diet and lifting) and stick to it for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Deleted
    Definitely on roids, and never seen form like that lol

he aint clean. end of story.

Deleted
    73kg and on steroids?

Oh dear

Professional bodybuilder/athetic fitness. Also works as a trainer at the local gym. Gives 10 Les Mills' BodyPump training sessions every week(not exxagerating, 10 a week and he does them all with real heavy weights as well !!) + also lifts weights on his own. Has been doing that for almost 10 years now.

Gets tested for illegal substances at least once every year at fitness competitions and is a regular blood donor. Has always been clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Damsbo View Post
    Not sure.. But does it matter?

Also, O_O at the guy in the back. I never got the "hat inside", and wtf he's working out in it. With a full beard! Poor dude must be sweating his ass off.
    could be bald/ing, could be a religious thing, could not like the shape of his head (LL Cool J I think did it for that reason).

I was more hoping he'd lift in sync with mr. musclebound.

btw, that is normal, when you focus your training; some of it is genetics as well, but in general, when you strength train, you get bigger ... time and dedication add up. Those bodybuilder competitions don't allow steroids and you see how huge they get (some of them try to get away with juicing).

Diet and exercise are a motherfucker, huh?

Btw, the dude in the above picture eats almost exclusively only protein products(whey protein, protein puddings, protein bars, BCAA-s etc.) with a side of a big bowl vegetable salad and olive oil. Almost no "real" food at all. If I had to guess his macros, I would say something like 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat, with most of the carbs coming from veggies like carrots and beets.
    Last edited by Romeo83x; 2013-08-28 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably roids.
    Would be really strange if he trained to such a build by having such an incredibly shitty form...And as others posted before, for that kind of Biceps, he does not really have that much weight.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    Professional bodybuilder/athetic fitness. Also works as a trainer at the local gym. Gives 10 Les Mills' BodyPump training sessions every week(not exxagerating, 10 a week and he does them all with real heavy weights as well !!) + also lifts weights on his own. Has been doing that for almost 10 years now.

Gets tested for illegal substances at least once every year at fitness competitions and is a regular blood donor. Has always been clean.
    Sorry to break it to you but he is not clean, the tests are PATHETIC, I have witnessed people that I have been in the room when they have injected or taken various compounds and pass tests.

Btw, the dude in the above picture eats almost exclusively only protein products(whey protein, protein puddings, protein bars, BCAA-s etc.) with a side of a big bowl vegetable salad and olive oil. Almost no "real" food at all. If I had to guess his macros, I would say something like 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat, with most of the carbs coming from veggies like carrots and beets.
    What you described is basically the definition of real food lol. All the shit that people consume on a daily basis isn't real food. I assume that's what the quotes are for but it is still a REALLY weird thing.

I curl 50s too and I'm not nearly that big. Dude is roiding for sure. Big but without the strength to match his size.

You can tell your "friend" I think he's a pussy.

Deleted
    Damn this guy is fugly! It looks like he's wearing one of those super hero suits for kids! :O

i'd bet my dick that he's used steroids extensively. my brother is a freak and he's 100% natural and he's nowhere near that big but he's big (in relation to their height, that guy is 6' tops) enough that people say "damn, that's a big guy"

i'm a big guy and he's a lot bigger than me (i'm taller and 230lbs, but my arms aren't as big around as my head)

and you simply can't get arms like that naturally, even a freak's body doesn't recover fast enough to EVER build up that much muscle and by looking at that guy's face and his slender bone structure, he's not even a freak, he's just a normal guy who got some good gear and worked his ass off

and that's the think steroids + anything but stellar work ethic = no results worth mentioning

that guys has juiced and he's worked his ASS off, so props to him

i don't subscribe to the "steroids are cheating" thing, that's like saying "people who work out are cheating" and who says that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    I curl 50s too and I'm not nearly that big. Dude is roiding for sure. Big but without the strength to match his size.

You can tell your "friend" I think he's a pussy.
    man that's fucking ridiculous, steroids don't build fluffy muscle, you might retain 10lbs of water using certain roids but ALL that does is REDUCE definition, it has nothing to do with strength

i wish people knew shit or weren't so goddamn lazy they could google it.

steroids allow you to recover faster. if you work out the same muscle 2x a week you're wasting most of your time because it takes 7-14 days for an average person to recover completely. steroids just let you work out 2 times in a week and benefit/recover completely

that's all it does, accelerates recovery. you work out = you tear your muscles down. when they heal, they get bigger each time. more tear downs = more recovery growth

that's all roids do. let people who want to bust their ass get results

- - - Updated - - -

that guy is big but he's mostly just cut as hell, his arms are nowhere near as big as the guy in the OP's vid, that ridiculously huge tricep is a dead giveaway
    Last edited by mmotroof; 2013-08-28 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmotroof View Post

man that's fucking ridiculous, steroids don't build fluffy muscle, you might retain 10lbs of water using certain roids but ALL that does is REDUCE definition, it has nothing to do with strength

i wish people knew shit or weren't so goddamn lazy they could google it.

steroids allow you to recover faster. if you work out the same muscle 2x a week you're wasting most of your time because it takes 7-14 days for an average person to recover completely. steroids just let you work out 2 times in a week and benefit/recover completely

that's all it does, accelerates recovery. you work out = you tear your muscles down. when they heal, they get bigger each time. more tear downs = more recovery growth

that's all roids do. let people who want to bust their ass get results
    Your knowledge on steroids is extremely limited, seems like all you have done is watch a documentary on discovery channel or something like that.
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

Deleted
    Not likely steroids , but many supplements.

Quote Originally Posted by Empathized View Post
    i've been a bodybuilder myself for years (never using shit except protein drinks) and never achieved such a definition. and thats not because i was lazy. 99,9% of the people won't look like that w/o using steroids. in addition to that i think he is kinda weak with this weights he is using. my experience taught me that people who are using steroids are extremely weak but have a great definition and big muscles.
    This guy know what he is talking about.

People can get like this naturally over the course of years of hard work but when the weight doesn't match the build its usually roids or oil.