Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Flex released same schedule as normal

From the front page interview w/ Tom Chilton, it says that flex is going to be released week 1 on the same schedule as normal. Didn't they say they wanted to make flex a staggered release slowly then normal but faster than LFR?

Thoughts?

Doesn't matter to me too much but just going to have to add an extra day week 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes perfect sense, more intensive for ppl to try em out on alts or w/e. Dont see the problem.

•Flex difficulty will open at the same pace as the Normal difficulty raid.

They said they wanted to open the flex Raid Wings faster than LFR, but never said "all Wings at once"

You know how I interpret this?

Gated Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    •Flex difficulty will open at the same pace as the Normal difficulty raid.

They said they wanted to open the flex Raid Wings faster than LFR, but never said "all Wings at once"

You know how I interpret this?

Gated Raid.
    LFR is the only gated version.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    LFR is the only gated version.
    Source please.

It says "same pace" not "same day"

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont see a problem? its there to encourage more players to put a bit more effort and organise a run themselves , why should they wait ?

Source please.

It says "same pace" not "same day"
    Normal isn't gated. It releases all at once. Flex has the exact same release schedule as Normal.

Normal isn't gated. It releases all at once. Flex has the exact same release schedule as Normal.
    T14 wants to talk with you.

Still waiting for your Source (talking crap isn't a reliable source, you know.)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's on a developer interview, check the front page.

The wording could be wrong and perhaps they meant LFR? But that doesn't make sense either because they said that wanted flex to come out at a faster interval than LFR.

The only way we can realistically take it is that normal and flex are all available at once, or that there is gating. Or that it was a mistake. I can't see the entirety of flex raiding being open the first week because they also said they didn't want to force heroic raiders into doing it. Them gating normal and having flex open at the same time is still forcing us to do it (because we have nothing else to do) but, it's at least at a relaxed pace.

Personally I like gating as long as it's not retarded. Sunwell and ICC was too long. If it took 2-3 weeks for all of normal to open I'd be fine with that, especially given labor day weekend being the week of the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Well it's on a developer interview, check the front page.

The wording could be wrong and perhaps they meant LFR? But that doesn't make sense either because they said that wanted flex to come out at a faster interval than LFR.

The only way we can realistically take it is that normal and flex are all available at once, or that there is gating. Or that it was a mistake. I can't see the entirety of flex raiding being open the first week because they also said they didn't want to force heroic raiders into doing it. Them gating normal and having flex open at the same time is still forcing us to do it (because we have nothing else to do) but, it's at least at a relaxed pace.

Personally I like gating as long as it's not retarded. Sunwell and ICC was too long. If it took 2-3 weeks for all of normal to open I'd be fine with that, especially given labor day weekend being the week of the patch.
    Id rather seem them gate heroics rather than normals.
    Seriously tho. Most of the bosses wont last that long, and gating normals is just silly for that.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gating heroics would probably be the worst case scenario as far as any kind of 'race' goes. Not that I care for racing content at all, but having it constantly being reset at the end of the week with the final week being the true sprint probably wouldn't be that much fun for certain guilds.

I'd imagine their logic to gating normals would be so that people can enjoy the new content without devouring it in the first week at a lightning pace. Then as soon as normals are complete they can focus on heroic progression if that's their cup of a tea, without any interruptions of course.

T14 wants to talk with you.

Still waiting for your Source (talking crap isn't a reliable source, you know.)
    Are you talking about the entirely different raids in T14 releasing after eachother? That's not really the same thing as gating. Those are different raids, and ToeS is a half tier above the others.

You didn't go in to MSV on day 1 and be like "Well, we beat Garajal. Too bad we can't go further til next week". No. This wasn't the case, because it wasn't gated.

SoO is one raid, like ToT. It's not fucking gated. Holy shit these forums...

Yea, gated in most cases pertaining to WoW has always been one instance. What they did with T14 does not in my mind have anything to do with gating. What mistah said.

Are you talking about the entirely different raids in T14 releasing after eachother? That's not really the same thing as gating. Those are different raids, and ToeS is a half tier above the others.

SoO is one raid, like ToT. It's not fucking gated. Holy shit these forums...
    ToeS was half a tier above Heart of Fear? yeeaaah right.

Just because it is only "one raid" doesn't mean that it cannot be gated.

If you hadn't started to play this game in cataclysm, you would know that gating normal content isn't unheard of.

Oh well, you would be too ignorant to accept that anyways, so please just get lost, people like you are not contributing to discussions at all.

Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-08-16 at 12:18 PM.

ToeS was half a tier above Heart of Fear? yeeaaah right.

Just because it is only "one raid" doesn't mean that it cannot be gated.

If you hadn't started to play this game in cataclysm, you would know that gating normal content isn't unheard of.

Oh well, you would be too ignorant to accept that anyways, so please just get lost, people like you are not contributing to discussions at all.
    Technically, yes. ToeS IS a half tier above HoF, HC Tunings aside.

SoO is releasing identically to ToT, which had no gating outside of LFR. This continues with SoO.

I've been realm first on my mediocre realm for every tier except 1 and 13. Congrats at judging me and being entirely wrong.

Sadly you won't just admit that you're completely wrong. There's nothing else to discuss here, because SoO isn't gated outside of LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Pretty legitimate issue and I read this in the same way. ICC-style gating wouldn't particularly surprise me.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7960906031

Keep it clear of whining so we may get some blue insight hopefully.
    Excellent, am also very interested in this. The thought of having to grind through normal for another week when actually wanting to do flexi so I can take more or less everyone isn't appealing to me.

Answers and clarity would be wonderful.

10+ Year Old Account
    its fair enough that LFR is segregated and wings released week/biweekly. i think flexi should be gated the same as normal modes. why make it overly complicated, if you want to raid flexible with an organised group of friends all the power to you.

gating flexi would be a mistake.
    Hi

SoO is releasing identically to ToT, which had no gating outside of LFR. This continues with SoO.

I've been realm first on my mediocre realm for every tier except 1 and 13. Congrats at judging me and being entirely wrong.

Sadly you won't just admit that you're completely wrong. There's nothing else to discuss here, because SoO isn't gated outside of LFR.
    *facepalm*

HoF and ToeS both dropped the same ilvl gear and in terms of dificulty they weren't much apart from each other.

So please tell me how ToeS was half a tier higher up than HoF

"ToT wasn't gated, so SoO won't be gated either."

how old are you? Five?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    its fair enough that LFR is segregated and wings released week/biweekly. i think flexi should be gated the same as normal modes. why make it overly complicated, if you want to raid flexible with an organised group of friends all the power to you.

gating flexi would be a mistake.
    Not having garrosh flex gated = it'd be a huge req or close to it to clear him, get BoA weap due to the whole ilvl aspect i believe

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

How exactly does the same ilvl gear in both HoF and ToeS somehow make ToeS half a tier higher? People are talking gear when they say half a tier not difficulty of bosses, which it's debatable even on those when the only boss that was harder in heroic only(normal was a sleep fest) was Sha when compared to several HoF bosses. Bring a source before you try and bring your shit, there has not been a single source yet that has stated normal will not be gated. T14 was entirely gated because of HoF/ToeS being the same "tier" of loot, the only reason they held off on ToeS was because they felt it was too much content for players.

14 bosses to me sounds like it will be another case of too much content at once and they will lock it down like they did with ICC. There will not be another tier this expac and I can guarantee you the expac will be a good 8 months away from the release of SoO unless they have the beta ready to go within a week of blizzcon ending(which with holidays is highly unlikely).

If you're trying to say that just because ToT wasn't gated SoO won't be i'd like to point out a few things. Ulduar wasn't gated, why was ToC a raid that had almost 1/3rd of the bosses? why was ICC? Why was t14 gated when all the Cata raids weren't? It would not surprise me in the least that they gate t15 because they want to buy time while we wait 8+ months for the new expac since 5.5 will not have major content as they have said multiple times(even though it has not been labled 5.5).

This also sounds like a case of "i'm never wrong so if things start looking bad for me i'll play the blame game and say the other person can never be right".
    Last edited by Wilhelm137; 2013-08-16 at 06:55 AM.