Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Guild Wars 2 teases anniversary plans

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...iversary-plans

Quotes from Colin Johanson:

"We’re going to do a release on the 20th that is intended to be our big anniversary release celebration," he explained. "That release is intended not only to provide a lot of awesome content for people to experience, but to also set the tone for what they should expect for the living world and the types of things we want to do with events in the year to come.

"It takes the story of the last year and brings it all together. It makes it clear where everything has been going and really closes a lot of open questions that players have had. It’s a story that really affects the entire world and permanently creates content and change for the entire world game-wide, which is really something that’s important to us and we want to showcase that that’s where stuff is headed.

"I think we have some really ambitious plans for next year for what we want to do with the event system, and this kind of showcases a little step of where that can go."

and

"We will offer a gift to players; it’s something we did in Guild Wars 1 and we’ll bring it back in Guild Wars 2 when their character turns one year-old," Johanson revealed. "There’ll be a gift that becomes available, so that’s something for them to look forward to, and we’ll compliment this with a lot of other exciting stuff as well."
    Valar morghulis

So I am reading that the birthday gifts in GW2 are set from the launch date of the event rather character creation like in GW1? Interesting.

First birthday might be come the most valuable pets then. Total opposite of GW1.

One year already?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

My how time flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    My how time flies.
    I know!

It's kinda creepy, it feels like I started playing just a month ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So I am reading that the birthday gifts in GW2 are set from the launch date of the event rather character creation like in GW1? Interesting.

First birthday might be come the most valuable pets then. Total opposite of GW1.
    Eh I read it as it would be the same as GW1, a character gets a pet on their birthday.

"...we’ll bring it back in Guild Wars 2 when their character turns one year-old"

I also hope that's the case, since I'm an altoholic and created all 8 classes within the first week or two of launch...

Perhaps I'm greedy but I'd like to see something given for both the GW2 anniversary and your characters birthday.

Deleted
    History repeats itself for me, I'll be waiting another half a year for my Birthday pets despite having played since launch since I rerolled a few times. Would have been nice if they switched to account based birthday gifts rather than character based. A year old unplayed level one alt doesn't really deserve a pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    A year already? It feels like only yesterday I couldnt log in for 2 days!

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Perhaps I'm greedy but I'd like to see something given for both the GW2 anniversary and your characters birthday.
    I am willing to bet there will be both. Some sort of promotional anniversary item for all players and then gift boxes for character birthdays.

Whoo more pets to look forward to!

I'd rather have a mini-pet inventory system so that I have access to my minis anywhere in game rather than the LFG tool.

pls dont kill me

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    I'd rather have a mini-pet inventory system so that I have access to my minis anywhere in game rather than the LFG tool.

pls dont kill me
    hah, I'd like to have both

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Whoo more pets to look forward to!
    From the teaser Anthony Ordon gave a couple days ago, "We’ve got some exciting things coming later this month. Things you’ve never seen in this game before.", I have a feeling it will be more than just pets we see ;-)

What have we not seen?
    Mounts? Doubt it.
    Raids? Definite maybe - the GW2style raids they've hinted at and be the big finale of this story arc.
    Housing? Too soon since they've started warming to the idea.
    LFG? Very likely since they've already been testing inhouse.

- - - Updated - - -

Thought of another one....

Guild vs Guild? Would be a great use of the Queen's Pavilion after the Jubilee wraps up and take some pressure off the WvW queues in higher tiers.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-08-09 at 11:18 PM.
    Valar morghulis

LFG system and another worthless pet is my bet.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post

pls dont kill me
    It'd be nice to have a Pet Wallet, but it'd also be nice if they didn't deposit every time I cleared mats...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It'd be nice to have a Pet Wallet, but it'd also be nice if they didn't deposit every time I cleared mats...
    Invisible bags are your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Invisible bags are your friend.
    Yeah, I have some, but it's mostly a waste of bag space for selling off stuff if you hide a bunch of slots because of a few items.

While I understand pets are used in the Mystic Forge and I like their increased storage, it seems pointless to consider them a "collectable".

Empty promises until they actually deliver on what they say.

And seeing how they've done a fine job of NOT sticking to what they say thus far, I'm not holding my breath.

Hopefully, it will be something cool......AND hopefully they get their shit together this next year and actually push out some fun and meaningful content. AKA, there better be some fucking Elder Dragon content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anthony can't hardly contain himself, lol.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2494676

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyOrdon
    Variety is good for the game, especially a balanced variety. If we make too much of any one type of content, eventually that type of content will become tiresome. The purpose of my reply wasn’t to naysay jumping puzzles or activities, but just to let you know that something different is coming. Personally, I’m a huge fan of epic open-world dynamic events and since I’ve had a hand or two in the upcoming releases, you should get ready.

As the late Captain Mai once said, watch the skies.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2599549

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyOrdon
    Keep watching the skies.
    Valar morghulis