Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No mount
    Oh well , wasn't that hard
    Thx !

10+ Year Old Account
    i dissmiss my pet after advisor's.. i survive anyway... IF there is a 2nd target at ANY point he will MC you.. dosent matter if it's you'r pet or that thunderhawk from tier set bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    dismiss pet right before u kill the last advisor, then just nuke him down, i assume ur lvl 90
    That's the way I do. I dismiss the pet or the demon at the last advisor last hit points, and call it back while Kael is on the air, transitioning to the second phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just dont use a pet. I use GoSac on him.

At 90 with decent gear you dont even need a pet.

All of these tactics are unneeded lol, I go BM and just blow him up, rarely does his MC me before I push his phase, even if he does I just wait for it to wear off and continue to blow him up

Deleted
    Key thing is no pet, no 2pc T15, no Bad Juju's. Then no Mind Control

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    All of these tactics are unneeded lol, I go BM and just blow him up, rarely does his MC me before I push his phase, even if he does I just wait for it to wear off and continue to blow him up
    Same here I dont see the problem just kill it.

Survival spec, hide pet behind the right statue out of line of sight, stand on left side of it & nuke KT down.
    Loot epix.
    Sorry, no mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    Key thing is no pet, no 2pc T15, no Bad Juju's. Then no Mind Control
    With items at that level you easily get him to 50% and phase transition before he attempts to cast MC at all. If you go as BM you can also BW out of the disorient that he does.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I don't believe this is true. My paladin's Ghost Iron Dragonling never pulled aggro on Kael back at the start of the expansion, but it sure did cause me to get MC'd.
    I've been doing it for months on my hunter and my lock and never got MCed while I got the aggro, with the hunter I always do it as SV because pet+KC can over aggro me

You can just dismiss you pet during the MC phase. It is very little hp you have to burn through to get him to last phase. When I kill him with my hunter I just move the pet behind the pillar out of habit, but it is a little more complicated and can get buggy.

If you have decent gear though just blow all cooldowns and he won't even have time to cast MC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    You don't need a pet at all. Just remember to equip the staff and use its buff.
    Staff doesn't work with MC, the daggers are for MC. The staff stops him from dazing you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nicocba View Post
    I've been doing it for months on my hunter and my lock and never got MCed while I got the aggro, with the hunter I always do it as SV because pet+KC can over aggro me
    Probably because you're burning him to 50% in 20-30 sec or less. He doesn't MC straight away.

I soloed him on my hunter at level 85. That was definately challenging, the trick was to LoS. Which was a nightmare, because that room bugs your pet out 90% of the time.

Deleted
    Last time i did Kaelthas as a Frostmage (also has pet) was at the beginning of T14 content with a Itemlevel of something like 470 and i just nuked him before he did anything. So unless you have really bad gear it shouldnt be a problem for a hunter too.

If you dont have enough DPS just dismiss your pet after a few seconds in Phase 4 (the one with Mindcontrol).

MC isn't random - it does have a cooldown, but he doesn't use it on-cooldown. Once he uses it, you have 20-30 seconds guaranteed safe time (best to stay on the lower end). Even after that time he may not use it for a bit. I still stand behind the statue out of habit in P4 from doing it at 85 even though I'm sure it's 100% unnecessary nowadays. Or actually, I don't do the fight at all anymore since I finally got my Ashes on my 68th kill.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Deleted
    The best way to solo KT is this:

1. go boss chamber and start the encounter
    2. run away close to the entrace of the raid
    3. wait for the first assistant of KT to come and kill him
    4. wait till the next assistant come
    5. proceed to the entrace of the hallway leading to boss chamber and wait for third assistant and kill her
    6. get to the entrace of the boss chamber and wait for fourth assistant come and kill him

After that, just take all of them one by one so they cant stack their CC on you. After killing all assistants and their weapons, wait for KT to come out of boss chamber and kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    The best way to solo KT is this:

1. go boss chamber and start the encounter
    2. run away close to the entrace of the raid
    3. wait for the first assistant of KT to come and kill him
    4. wait till the next assistant come
    5. proceed to the entrace of the hallway leading to boss chamber and wait for third assistant and kill her
    6. get to the entrace of the boss chamber and wait for fourth assistant come and kill him

After that, just take all of them one by one so they cant stack their CC on you. After killing all assistants and their weapons, wait for KT to come out of boss chamber and kill him.
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more work than is needed at 90. You're just wasting time. In P1, just 2-shot them where they stand. In the 4 advisor phase, just deterrence immediately before they stand up to block Telonicus's remote toy, put pet on him and blow him up. Then kill capernian or sanguinar, and then thaladred. But even if you do it wrong, your risk of dying is next to nothing. Especially if you have spirit bond. With spirit bond you could probably just stand there afk and never die. Only reason I bothered to block Remote Toy is because it's annoying as shit, but it's not a death sentence.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Deleted
    Last time when I tried to solo KT as lvl 90, I was not able to kill boss without that tactic. They would CC me to hell. Monk atleast.

You certainly cant 2 shot any of those assistant, and boss has even more hp.

Easiest way would be to go surv or MM, whatever you like, and play without the pet. that way you wont get MC'd. On my lock i do it with GoSac