Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Apparently no one on the official forums demands LFR be removed and the game stop catering the "casuals". Ever.
    Most likely due to the fact that a majority of players ARE what would be considered as casual. Hardcore players are a very minute portion of the WoW player-base. Yes, they are a very vocal portion, but the fact that more money comes from the casual players means that Blizzard will cater more towards those that are actually funding the game.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Most likely due to the fact that a majority of players ARE what would be considered as casual. Hardcore players are a very minute portion of the WoW player-base. Yes, they are a very vocal portion, but the fact that more money comes from the casual players means that Blizzard will cater more towards those that are actually funding the game.
    These^ are the kind of posts that get me banned. I feel like one guy has like 200 accounts and he goes around spouting this rigmarole on WoW forums. What am supposed to do? Not tell him that he's just being a parrot regurgitating things he read on the forums?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    These^ are the kind of posts that get me banned. I feel like one guy has like 200 accounts and he goes around spouting this rigmarole on WoW forums. What am supposed to do? Not tell him that he's just being a parrot regurgitating things he read on the forums?
    There are two things that will get you permabanned on the official forums:

* You are contentious by nature
    * You drink when posting

Now, I'm definitely the first, and occasionally I do the second. So I'm no longer able to comment on whatever today's crop of idiots is doing over there.

And you know what? That's fine. My life is better for it.

I wouldn't mind being able to post bug reports or discuss the PTR but honestly it really isn't important that I can't.

Catching a ban of official forums is too easy.

As long as you behave and don't start calling people names, you will not get banned on the official forums.

I post on their sometimes and I never got a warning, temp ban or perma ban. And i will never get any of those because i read my posts before i press the button and correct anything that can be seen as trolling, spamming or being harsh.

Getting banned on the official forums is 99.9% of the time due to the poster. Either falling in the trap of a troll or just being wrong themselfs.

Apparently no one on the official forums demands LFR be removed and the game stop catering the "casuals". Ever.
    Actually they did very much so. Maybe if you look at the few pages now you won't find it. But they are there and I have read my fair share.

Also at a certain point Blizzard either locked or deleted such threads when they became too common and kept repeating the same shit.

On the topic:
    I really don't see why Blizzard is so forgiving to people being banned. You usually get a small ban (I never got one once, so it's not that easy come on..) and maybe a small ban again. But a LIFETIME ban, should be for very annoying posts imo or repeatitive annoying posts.

Same thing with the mods here. You see people banned all the time. So many of them have their names crossed and that nice avatar etc. Next week they are there again. I don't know what they gain by letting those people who get banned so often get back to the forums. They aren't making this forum a more happy place, else they wouldn't get banned in the first place. Maybe I don't see the big picture. Anyway, yes I read your comment Monalisa about contacting the Mods of this site directly. But honestly I doubt it will do any good. But regardless, I will keep reading and sometimes commenting on threads on mmo. So its not like I won't come here anymore.

Edit my tekst if you feel it to be inappropriate. I won't comment on mmo moderation in this thread anymore
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2013-08-26 at 09:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    So you complain about being banned when you act like a retard? Some people....

Pro tip: Don't use the official forums, they are very shit for discussion since every casual nubcake goes there to QQ that X class killed them in PvP.
    Where did the OP actually complain about being banned, or where did you get the impression from that he was acting like a retard?

I've found that Blizzard forum moderators follow their forum rules to an absolute degree, which isn't suitable. People being obnoxious and hostile are often left untouched by mods, but someone who says a naughty word will be punished for it. I honestly don't think saying dipshit in any context is worse for a forum environment than personally attacking a poster because you don't agree with him/her on something WoW related.

It's not too difficult to get annoyed to the point you trip over a rule on those forums because some of the posters are pretty toxic and adept at skirting around the rules. They also tend to be the most vocal.

There's something to be said for exercising personal judgement when enforcing written rules, which MMo-champ moderators do well, in my opinion (at least in the majority of cases!)
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-08-26 at 09:27 AM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    They nitpick on language
    100% agree.

I see people swear all the time over there with no repercussion, yet the one time I say something out of line i'm suspended.

I swear those guys put a tracer on me the moment I stopped being a good little fan and defending everything they screwed up.

WHERE IS MY TIN FOIL?

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    100% agree.

I see people swear all the time over there with no repercussion, yet the one time I say something out of line i'm suspended.

I swear those guys put a tracer on me the moment I stopped being a good little fan and defending everything they screwed up.

WHERE IS MY TIN FOIL?
    Look let me assume something ( = might be totally wrong): When I see posts like your post, I think > this person must have made so many bad posts before that FINAL post with a couple or even ONE bad word in it. You were probably caught during a sweep. You probably posted in a thread that was very much tracked by moderators and they checked your postinghistory. You were given a reason for the ban in whatever form (e-mail) and there it was, that ONE word.

Now you get upset because the big bad Blizzard has banned you over one word. But in reality it was your postinghistory.
    ---------------------
    Again this might not be what happend to you, but I can assure you that this DOES happen. And for people who banned in this way I say good call.
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2013-08-26 at 09:43 AM.