Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @Ghostcrawler @devolore Can the Garrosh weapons be upgraded with VP and/or be Warforged? Also why no socket on the caster shield?

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 7 Sep
    @leobolin @devolore Upgraded, yes. Warforged, no. I don't know what's up with the shield socket.

Not sure if this has been posted or proved wrong but wouldnt that put heirloom weapons on top again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Droodpile View Post
    @Ghostcrawler @devolore Can the Garrosh weapons be upgraded with VP and/or be Warforged? Also why no socket on the caster shield?

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 7 Sep
    @leobolin @devolore Upgraded, yes. Warforged, no. I don't know what's up with the shield socket.

Not sure if this has been posted or proved wrong but wouldnt that put heirloom weapons on top again?
    That's odd... from all the data mining, it looks like it can't be upgraded -- possibly a bug with it being an heirloom-type weapon and not rare/epic? If it's upgradeable in-game then the Hellscream's spr/mastery mace might be BiS, uncertain after all the changes though. We'll know for sure on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Edit: Hellscream's mace is around a 3k DPS increase with 2/2 upgrades, so something to look forward to if it indeed is upgradeable.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2013-09-09 at 08:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    That's odd... from all the data mining, it looks like it can't be upgraded -- possibly a bug with it being an heirloom-type weapon and not rare/epic? If it's upgradeable in-game then the Hellscream's spr/mastery mace might be BiS, uncertain after all the changes though. We'll know for sure on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Edit: Hellscream's mace is around a 3k DPS increase with 2/2 upgrades, so something to look forward to if it indeed is upgradeable.
    Perhaps its upgraded with justice points, in the way the other heirlooms are, from 1-95 to 1-100 etc, and not upgraded in the typical sense through the arcane upgrades?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Perhaps its upgraded with justice points, in the way the other heirlooms are, from 1-95 to 1-100 etc, and not upgraded in the typical sense through the arcane upgrades?
    It's explicitly asking for VP upgrades, though. I guess we'll just have to wait for tomorrow.

If we use DoC would using the healer amp trinket as well then become viable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    The proc doesnt work for any non healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of the proc, since the Amp trinket boosts mastery rating and mastery rating reduces the effectiveness of DoC, I'm doubtful it'd be a good choice.

So then why is the caster amp trinket one of the top two?

10+ Year Old Account
    So then why is the caster amp trinket one of the top two?
    Because Black Blood of Y'Shaarj is crap (relatively speaking).

Edit: also, the proc on the Amp trinket is worth ~24k DPS. The Amplification part of the Amp trinket is worth around 18k. So technically the proc is the more applicable part of the trinket in terms of DPS.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2013-09-10 at 06:35 AM.

So the caster amp trinket is the 2nd BiS with the totem being the top one? And if the proc is the major part wouldn't the healing from our healing touches take care of that to a certain extent?

10+ Year Old Account
    So the caster amp trinket is the 2nd BiS with the totem being the top one? And if the proc is the major part wouldn't the healing from our healing touches take care of that to a certain extent?
    Yeah Kardris' is better by a little bit (1-2k DPS from what I can see with DoC), and Black Blood of Y'Shaarj is something like 5k DPS below that.

I'm not entirely sure if the Healing Touches would be enough to provide the uptime expected on the healer Amp trinket -- that would have been something good to test on the PTR. If we only cast ~2 Healing Touches per cycle (30 seconds or so), there's quite a lot of gaps between proc events and could cause it to have quite low uptime.

Anyway, Kardris'/DPS Amp trink should still be the best two options, but without testing on the healer Amp trinket and uptime with HT I can't say whether or not it'll be a good fill-in until you get the DPS one.

Deleted
    as Stabb posted the amp healing trinket states in the tooltip that the proc only works for healer specializations, and that was indeed the case on the PTR last time I checked. Even then with a 15% proc chance you would have to cast a lot of rejuvs to even proc it.

Great so healers can poach ours if they do any dps but we can't poach theirs.

Great so healers can poach ours if they do any dps but we can't poach theirs.
    If your guild gives DPS trinkets to healers over DPS, then I'd say you should either find yourself a new guild or up your DPS
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Deleted
    Currently on the ptr the only way for resto druids to proc the dps trinket is to melee. And it is not feasible for any healer to do an average of 6.67 auto attacks every 2 min. (you would have about 9 sec of doing nothing) and if you could actually afford to do nothing for 9 sec you wouldn't need the int proc anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I updated the trinket comparison list to encompass DoC and some trinket changes that just made it into WrathCalcs. Updated post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post22152247

Guildie just a Garrosh weapon and at the moment it isn't upgradable.

Deleted
    I am slightly confused by your bis list slippy, you said a few pages back that crit is valued highest and we should dump into crit after getting the Haste BP. So should we be going full crit and forgetting mastery, or should we be evening them out abit? Is there a certain mastery number we want or?

ignore my results atm will upload again when I am home just forgot to use tailoring for comparisons
    Only reason i ask is that my current bis list goes full crit dumping, which has 18k crit, but 6.8k mastery. I can easily adjust the numbers by gem changing so i doubt i will change the actual gear i use. It yields a dps in WC of 379k with DoC and Inc selected, which is only 1k below your current list gives, so i cant see it being claimed as worse by much and i still need to do some tweaks since i only made it in a rush yesturday and can get closer to caps.

Anywho, just some mind easing would be helpful thanks. (Also find that some fights on live Hotw is competing perfectly fine with DoC since me and another boomkin in my guild tried to use different talents on each fight and ended at pretty much the same dps on the ones we did test like that).
    Last edited by mmoca7842e0a8d; 2013-09-13 at 08:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingblaze View Post
    I am slightly confused by your bis list slippy, you said a few pages back that crit is valued highest and we should dump into crit after getting the Haste BP. So should we be going full crit and forgetting mastery, or should we be evening them out abit? Is there a certain mastery number we want or?

ignore my results atm will upload again when I am home just forgot to use tailoring for comparisons
    Only reason i ask is that my current bis list goes full crit dumping, which has 18k crit, but 6.8k mastery. I can easily adjust the numbers by gem changing so i doubt i will change the actual gear i use. It yields a dps in WC of 379k with DoC and Inc selected, which is only 1k below your current list gives, so i cant see it being claimed as worse by much and i still need to do some tweaks since i only made it in a rush yesturday and can get closer to caps.

Anywho, just some mind easing would be helpful thanks. (Also find that some fights on live Hotw is competing perfectly fine with DoC since me and another boomkin in my guild tried to use different talents on each fight and ended at pretty much the same dps on the ones we did test like that).
    Crit is valued highest, I've tried to max crit in the list without sacrificing too many other secondary stats -- some pieces just have more s.s. than others. With that being said, I generally follow whatever yields maximal DPS on paper through WrathCalcs, and currently this setup is what attains that. I'm forcing Inc/DoC in there just because it seems to be the most used combo thus far.

And while I do say crit is valued highest, there's only around a 0.7 DPS per point difference between crit and mastery, so if you traded 1000 crit for 1000 mastery you'd lose ~700 DPS. It's just a min/maxing thing at that point, but if you really wanted to go full mastery it wouldn't make much of a difference.

HotW vs. DoC: on paper these talents have almost no difference between the two (something like 100 DPS), but cooldown stacking during eclipses will bump DoC up slightly. Regardless, you shouldn't really be able to discern anything in-game just because of RNG and player skill having much larger influences.

Player skill with DoC will have a higher yield % dps though if you are generally a better player, just like feral does otherwise if you aren't feeling DoC to much then you can just spec HotW and do semi competitive dps but not the highest possible.

t6 talents seem to be in the best place atm better than all expansion, if they keep these next exp they should just try and work on getting NV up to a semi competitive level or make it so it does a ridiculous amount of healing but lower dps just so players might have some incentive to use it on some heaving damage taken fights.