Poll: What raid system do you prefer?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Tiered progression with no modes, separate raids for 10 and 25 man (TBC model), possibility to make some fights harder for better loot by doing something differently (Ulduar/OS model)

Since they're introducing Flex, they can effectively replace the 10 man difficulty for next expansion. They can go back to the WOTLK model and be able to focus the high level stuff on 25s again, while more casual players can continue to get comparable, but slightly lesser ilvl gear, on the lower difficulty level. Everyone wins in this scenario.

Every patch introduces one raid zone with three separate instances:

1. LFR instance that contains all the big lore bosses and moves the story forward.
    2. Flex mode instance that replaces the current normal modes.
    3. 25-man-only hardmode instance that requires your guild to have killed the end boss of the previous hardmode tier before entering.

Additional constraints:

* Only gear that has dropped in hardmode raids or pre-raid content can be used in hardmode raid instances. This allows hardmodes to have a true linear progression that you can't outgear with flex mode gear etc.
    * Badge gear obtainable outside of raiding is introduced for each tier of flexmodes so that you can gear up for the latest flex tier at any point.
    * Possibly, LFR instance unlocking is tied to hardmode progress. This might reduce the toxic "elitist" hate that's rampant in WoW and bring the community closer together.

The BC model. Different raids have different sizes. But only one difficulty: hard

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    Since they're introducing Flex, they can effectively replace the 10 man difficulty for next expansion. They can go back to the WOTLK model and be able to focus the high level stuff on 25s again, while more casual players can continue to get comparable, but slightly lesser ilvl gear, on the lower difficulty level. Everyone wins in this scenario.
    You know, I would not be surprised to see something like this. 10-man raiding effectively becomes the same as Flex, and Normal/Heroic go back to 25-man only.

The one thing I never, ever, ever want to see again though is different raids of different sizes. That works great if you're in a 25-man guild. If you aren't, then you're SOL of seeing anything. No thanks. I may not have played TBC but Rift does a similar model and it was absolute bullshit there. Nothing like only being able to do a single tiny raid each week because you don't have enough people to even go into the real raids.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-08-18 at 11:02 AM.

Ulduar had the best one. 10/25 man and you activated heroic mode by doing special things during the encounter.
    But since that's long gone, I would like it to be 3 tiers. LFR, Flex and Heroic Flex.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

10+ Year Old Account
    Current model we have now, except you can have up to 10% of your raid team (1 in 10 man, 2-3 in 25), from another realm.

Ulduar or ICC (Ulduar way of activating hardmodes was fun but i suppose you can't come up with new ways of doing this for each raid)

Heroic but not look for raid because it is boring to do something like robot

Deleted
    Current model with Normal/Heroic & Flex see no reason to keep LFR to be fair

Went with current model (pending Flex delivering as hoped)... but I wouldn't mind seeing variable raidsizes added to Normal mode.

And letting people flex up to 40man would just be awesome. it really would.

LFR/Flex/normal- and the only way to do heroic modes would be to have the on/off switch or as someone mentioned above, have the hard modes be from the achievements (unless it's something dumb like the Stone Guard having your pets out one).
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

Can i have it like it was in WotLK - where 10 and 25 mans have separate lock outs? I dont care if LFR stays or goes.. I'd be happy with the other.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Burning Crusade.

Where everyone was able to raid and feel the progress. You could go back and still get powerful items.

Hard core players raided the latest raid, casuals the lower tiers.

Everyone was happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I would have to say either Ulduar or ICC (without the buffs). Ulduar was simple, yet amazing, 10/25 man, one difficulty, with the option to do bosses in HM for better loot. ICC was great to have the easier 10 mans and harder 25 mans, it was fun gearing up alts, pugging, you met a lot of people, made a lot of friends etc.

I would have to say Ulduar model for the actual raid content, but ICC model for the overall, since the ICC model was better for the community and for alts.
    10 man Ulduar was much easier than 25man just like 10 man normal ICC was much easier than 25 man normal ICC. The difficulty level of Ulduar was overall higher than normal mode ICC. The main difference between the two is Ulduar had triggered hardmodes and ICC had toggled heroic mode.

I would prefer the Ulduar style of raid. Single difficulty with many different ways to do encounters which keeps them fun and interesting. Separate lockouts with 10 easier than 25, dropping the same but lower ilvl loot. If its possible they could apply flex to it so you can do anything from 10-40 ppl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    10 man Ulduar was much easier than 25man just like 10 man normal ICC was much easier than 25 man normal ICC. The difficulty level of Ulduar was overall higher than normal mode ICC. The main difference between the two is Ulduar had triggered hardmodes and ICC had toggled heroic mode.
    With 1 difficulty I meant that there was no lfr/flex/normal/heroic madness, simply one raid difficulty that yielded one piece of higher item level loot for doing the hard modes. Of course ulduar 10 was easier than 25.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the one used in wrath before separate lockouts were implemented.

LFR might be in the same area of the norm/heroic raid but just isn't even close to the same thing. It is pretty much a weekly done to get odds and ends gear or gear up an alt. You can be afk for 99% of the place and finish just fine, in some cases without ppl noticing at all. I did like the old 10 man and 25 man lockout system but I can say after having been a raid lead for over a dozen different raids I don't miss finding the time to do them all. Of course now I don't even have the time for 1 raid a week of any size so I have a different pov.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    It is as unimportand to me as it was importand once upon a time, but for the sake of it, voted for "option 2" though this poll is REALLY biased by lacking options from the past, Ulduar mode, or TBC mode comes in mind.
    What is really obvious, is that once devs took the bait and started alteration (as oposed to enchancement), this game is trying to broaden the potential playerbase at the cost of significance and identity.
    Game right now is like a blender. It has a bit of everything but you cannot distinguish any flavor in the mix!
    And the fatal thing in this evolution is that there is no way to "delete something" not because people will miss it, but because they will miss the idea of it "being there"!
    I don't claim that things would have been better if the devs where after preserving game's integrity and identity. After seeing the dive from 12 mil to 7,7 mil, i can certainly claim though that things wouldn't have been worse than what they turned out to become!
    Last edited by mmoc4cbbce03d2; 2013-08-18 at 10:14 PM.