Poll: What raid system do you prefer?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    TBC like, with Karazhan being 25man.

Current model with separate lockouts for 10/25m

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    The Burning Crusade.

Where everyone was able to raid and feel the progress. You could go back and still get powerful items.

Hard core players raided the latest raid, casuals the lower tiers.

Everyone was happy.
    You seem to forget about the stepping-stone guilds who may have not been content with their progress.

Current model with Flex and without LFR...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK model without LFR. I really don't see why they added LFR when you can just experience end game content with dungeons to gear up and by making up to date dungeons every raid patch it would be better for people to hop on normals which is easier since you don't need to do previous raids unless for transmog gear.

Deleted
    scrap looking for tards!

Why do people act as if Ulduar was Jesus sent down to earth? They hard mode activation's are no where as magical as people make them out to be.
    Hi Sephurik

Voted for current system.

Do NOT want separate 10/25 lockouts. Would prefer 10/25 both abolished, replaced by Flexi (ie LFR - Flexi NM - Flexi HM), however I realise this would potentially be disruptive to current NM/HM raiding guilds so I don't think it could be done in WoW as it stands. Maybe WoW2.

Really detest these calls to remove LFR - don't like it, don't do it. It's excellent for what it is designed to do.

Tiered raiding sounds nice but just doesn't work in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I preferred Ulduar. One mode, one lockout with the ability to change the mehcanics of the fight if you so wished in order to increase difficulty as well as better loot.
    Well, it was both 10 and 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    That.
    I never felt the desire to replay the same shit 4 times with different difficulties in any game.
    You did Ulduar twice, plus more if you did the HMs. Ulduar HMs were little different to current HM really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Why do people act as if Ulduar was Jesus sent down to earth? They hard mode activation's are no where as magical as people make them out to be.
    Except Mimiron's button. If every raid had Mimiron yelling at you not to push the big red button the game would be twice as awesome.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-08-19 at 05:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Remove lfr for the most current content, replace normal with a slightly better version of flex. Hc as it is. Would be my choice for rescuing this shit called community.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Raiders what raid system would you prefer?

POLL
    one raid, one lockout, "heroic difficulty" set by accomplishing some goal during the fight.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Tiered raiding sounds nice but just doesn't work in practice.
    I am perplexed by this statement, it worked well from my experience and I cannot recall anyone ever bitching about it, in-game or on forums (at the time)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I am perplexed by this statement, it worked well from my experience and I cannot recall anyone ever bitching about it, in-game or on forums (at the time)
    Nah, no one bitched about guild poaching, ever. BUT WAIT, they did! And poaching is a logical consequence of tiered raiding system + attunements.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I'll go with a Ulduar model for Heroic,
    But two seperate raid (10 and 25 )was good, you had something to do all week

But still, having a few dedicated 10 men ( like Kara or ZA) and a few dedicated 25 men ( SSC, BT etc etc ) was the best

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    With 1 difficulty I meant that there was no lfr/flex/normal/heroic madness, simply one raid difficulty that yielded one piece of higher item level loot for doing the hard modes. Of course ulduar 10 was easier than 25.
    I just wanted to clarify your post since it could be confusing saying that Ulduar had 1 difficulty then saying you liked the separate difficulties for 10 and 25 man ICC which was exactly the same as Ulduar. You also said that the separate difficulties in ICC are what made it better than Ulduar for alts and the community. The only reason more people ran ICC was that it was easier overall and it was current content for a year.

Some people either forget how Wrath raids were set up or they have only been playing since Cata and think 10 and 25 were always the same. Doing old raids you always hear someone ask if you are going to do Naxx on 25 heroic.