Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should we expect a Hawk bandaid?

It would seem that the dev's are trying to get signature shots and arcane shot balanced, instead of compensating the loss of readiness with a signature buff. I know this is simply speculation, founded in no way by empirical evidence, but it's kind of come to the point where we should probably expect the AP bandaid in a joking sort of way, hasn't it?

A buff is a buff. If it's through a hawk buff then it's still a buff and you shouldn't complain.

I would be happy if that happened to be honest. I'm still going to change the title since it seems a tad misleading. I'm sure you can see how "hawk bandaid incoming" may cause people to think a hawk buff is coming.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Thank you Tehstool. I clicked in here expecting a Twitter quote or something.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I'll take it cause at this point we'll definitely need it, but it won't sustain us. Not sure how Blizzard hasn't picked up on that yet.

Deleted
    I think the buffing is done for this patch... have fun being bad.

My guess is that they will realize they did all the tunning wrong and will buff us 2-3 weeks into that patch via Hawk or SrS buff
    Last edited by Beoren; 2013-08-17 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubb View Post
    That's the conclusion I keep coming too sadly.

And once again we will get bandaid fixed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    A buff is a buff. If it's through a hawk buff then it's still a buff and you shouldn't complain.
    we should complain, cause if this happens it would be the 2nd time in a row. which would be very sad cause it shows they didnt do their balancing properly on the PTR. something which many Top hunters have been pointing out, isnt being done atm.

i just hope that the people who say a 2nd batch of balance notes is coming out are right. cause if it doesnt a band aid fix like this might very well become reality.
    and seeing the Attack power increase going from 25% too 30-35% would look so sad considering we started MoP at 15%.

We started with 2k in DS, which was buffed mid tier to 2600 (not 100% sure on the exact numbers). Changed to 10% AP on the MoP Prepatch. Buffed to 15% in 5.1. Buffed to 25% in 5.3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubb View Post
    I wasn't sure if this was trolling for an angry response or a genuine opinion... then I realised just how bad things are for hunters when those 2 can be confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Arcane shot might get buffed again, or they'll reduce the focus cost, they aren't sure which yet.
    AoTH buff is pretty possible, however they want to buff the signatures more if they feel it's needed.

That's coming from my source, so we'll have to see, new build somewhere next week with a lot more balances.
    (The current balances are like a few builds behind the ones that the devs are running with atm).
    Yo damn we got insiders up in here?

For 6.0, I would like to see the AotH AP get nerfed back down to 10% and a couple of changes that would help make secondary stats more appealing.

1) Passive focus regen adjusted to benefit far more from haste
    2) Passive ability that gives us a 5-10% buff to critical strike damage (like the Agile Meta Gem does)
    3) Substantial Mastery buff

Yeah, I'm expecting just another flat buff to AotH and them to wash their hands of us til next expansion, honestly. Bit boring.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    For 6.0, I would like to see the AotH AP get nerfed back down to 10% and a couple of changes that would help make secondary stats more appealing.

1) Passive focus regen adjusted to benefit far more from haste
    2) Passive ability that gives us a 5-10% buff to critical strike damage (like the Agile Meta Gem does)
    3) Substantial Mastery buff
    This. We know it won't happen, but it's the kind of change that's needed. With each buff to AotH, Blizzard compounds the problem with its half-assed approach. Secondary stat scaling is the key to dps spec balance; further boosting the relative weight of agility every patch is just stupid, lazy, or both.

Deleted
    Hopefuly will buff us with something else as we are currently falling behind.

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    we should complain, cause if this happens it would be the 2nd time in a row.
    It'll be far more than the 2nd time in a row. They've been doing this since Firelands.

Quote Originally Posted by Yavania View Post
    Hopefuly will buff us with something else as we are currently falling behind.
    And what would that be? Mastery? Increases spell damage for SV and pet damage for SV. How is that better than a AP scaling buff which increases the damage of everything (pet and all shots).

Mastery could use a buff, but that won't magically fix us.

We need more than that. MM has the potential to be really strong for single target due to good haste and crit scaling. The problem with MM is that Aimed Shot stops auto shot. They should remove that. Also, buff the shots if they aren't strong enough (haven't played the spec in ages).

Haste scaling on dots would be amazing, but mostly help out MM and SV while BM would be behind. But I doubt that they would do that, melee don't have it, and we are technically ranged melee.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    It'll be far more than the 2nd time in a row. They've been doing this since Firelands.
    AoTH was a fixed number in Cata, it did not scale with gear. It's different now.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post

AoTH was a fixed number in Cata, it did not scale with gear. It's different now.
    I know. That doesn't change the fact that it's been used as a mid tier hotfix bandaid since Firelands.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point in the expansion, it's probably the best kind of buff we can get. Scaling should be fixed nearer the opening part of the expansion (Which makes me hope scaling will be fixed at the start of the next expansion).