Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since most of SoO takes place underground, and Ogrimmar itself is largely an open, nomad styled city, the only thing that could really be shown as "Destroyed" would be the gate. Which could be fixed fairly easily and quickly by the time the next expansion comes around. Thus making it sort of a waste of time for them to change it for a month or four.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    As an Alliance fan, I actually agree when you say that would happen. They'd probably state how those resources could have gone into repairing Stormwind and how it is Horde bias. :P
    You act like it's an unjustified complaint.

I'm still curious where the tons of lumber, stone, oil and meat the Alliance recovered for Vol'jin went, since all the stupid Trolls brought to the siege were two crappy stick and animal skin huts placed in front of Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You act like it's an unjustified complaint.

I'm still curious where the tons of lumber, stone, oil and meat the Alliance recovered for Vol'jin went, since all the stupid Trolls brought to the siege were two crappy stick and animal skin huts placed in front of Orgrimmar.

Eh.. I actually want there to be more of a consequence to the Siege than just having Garrosh removed from the throne. But I also acknowledge that there are those who would inevitably complain that showing those consequences are wasted and that the resources should've been poured into Stormwind updates or something.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2013-08-29 at 09:24 PM.

Eh.. I actually went there to be more of a consequence to the Siege than just having Garrosh removed from the throne. But I also acknowledge that there are those who would inevitably complain that showing those consequences are wasted and that the resources should've been poured into Stormwind updates or something.
    In my opinion, there should be a massive statue of Wrynn directly in front of Grommash Hold in that middle clear area of the Valley, which should stay there from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Psure a lot of Alliance fans will cry "Horde bias" at Orgrimmar getting so many makeovers while SW still has a smoking crater.
    I've said for a while now the Siege of Orgrimmar should leave that city all kinds of jacked up.

Next expansion, have daily quests for crafting with the server participation, and those daily crafting quests, contributing to the rebuilding of both cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I've said for a while now the Siege of Orgrimmar should leave that city all kinds of jacked up.

Next expansion, have daily quests for crafting with the server participation, and those daily crafting quests, contributing to the rebuilding of both cities.
    That's a pretty good idea as long as one faction's materials aren't going to the other faction's city rebuild.

Deleted
    In my opinion, there should be a massive statue of Wrynn directly in front of Grommash Hold in that middle clear area of the Valley, which should stay there from now on.
    No thanks, the statue in Burning Steppes is bad enough to look at, how much more ego massage does the alliance need?

This is easy to overcome. Play both factions. See content on both sides, stop crying about missing out/one side being favored.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    No thanks, the statue in Burning Steppes is bad enough to look at, how much more ego massage does the alliance need?

.. How much has it gotten so far, rofl?

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    That's a pretty good idea as long as one faction's materials aren't going to the other faction's city rebuild.
    I'd expect it to be like Isle of Thunder where your participation as a server opens it for your faction further, but also with a timed unlock in case of very small severs so they don't have to suffer the cities never getting finished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Statue in the Burning Steppes? You know that's from ages ago before Ragnaros kersploded the area, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is easy to overcome. Play both factions. See content on both sides, stop crying about missing out/one side being favored.
    I did start a goblin to see the Cataclym content. It just smacked me more clearly in the face how awesomely dominant the quests felt kicking the crap out of the Night Elves and taking their settlements, seeing their former shop keepers and NPC corpses littering the area of my victory. It just sort of furthered the sharp contrast to me.

My solution to the problem is.....the races of Eorzea are united against the Galean Empire, so I'm going to put my efforts into supporting that story mostly.

The arbitrarily split player base has been a bad idea for MMO design in my opinion.

You compared the Silver Covenant allaince HIGH elves and the Kirin tor to the Combined army of the Sunreavers AND bloodelves? We have a Meta faction facing off against an ENTIRE faction. I'd say allaince had some pretty huge gains this expac and I wish I was still one of the faction.

Nevermind Allaince has MORE factions and MORE leaders. Jaina and Anduin pretty much double as extra faction leaders. Velen is a pretty cool faction leader who is prolly gonna get huge amounts of spotlight when the Legion expansion hits. And you know what? Horde elves are gonna blow his dick and bow to him because he is pretty much the only reason the sunwell is working again.

Nevermind the generals some madeup no name bloodelf Lt. VS Veressa Windrunner.

the BULK of the entire horde faction is orcs. I'm pretty sure the orc population on the planet after this rebellion would drop about 70% + executions of rebels or casualties gained. The Horde is SHIT post MoP. It's completely ruins my lore centric enjoyment for playing the game outside raids to be part of such an inept mudhut faction.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-08-29 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'd expect it to be like Isle of Thunder where your participation as a server opens it for your faction further, but also with a timed unlock in case of very small severs so they don't have to suffer the cities never getting finished.

- - - Updated - - -

Statue in the Burning Steppes? You know that's from ages ago before Ragnaros kersploded the area, right?

- - - Updated - - -

I did start a goblin to see the Cataclym content. It just smacked me more clearly in the face how awesomely dominant the quests felt kicking the crap out of the Night Elves and taking their settlements, seeing their former shop keepers and NPC corpses littering the area of my victory. It just sort of furthered the sharp contrast to me.

My solution to the problem is.....the races of Eorzea are united against the Galean Empire, so I'm going to put my efforts into supporting that story mostly.

The arbitrarily split player base has been a bad idea for MMO design in my opinion.
    Well...have fun I suppose?

The split factions = reason I got interested in WoW to begin with, it was a new concept to me and obviously has been working for 8 years.

.. How much has it gotten so far, rofl?
    We Alliance players have been too greedy.
    We may have lost a lot, but the Horde has lost all that they stood for.

Camp Taurajo.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    It's completely ruins my lore centric enjoyment for playing the game outside raids to be part of such an inept mudhut faction.
    I can't help but lol. Seriously, if it's that important, then move to what you consider to be "the winning team" or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Well...have fun I suppose?

The split factions = reason I got interested in WoW to begin with, it was a new concept to me and obviously has been working for 8 years.
    It's been passable for 8 years, but it's starting to show its issues. It's simply more difficult to write 2 separate and complete stories with both sides against one another yet maintain either to remain balanced to the other's development. The story just suffers for it and the solution should not be "well, play the other side."

You can certainly develop a strong PvP system and have players at odds with one another without dictating the playerbase be split and breed animosity amongst them.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not taking my ball and going home and never touching WoW again. But going forward, my usual excitement for patches is replaced with a plan to do a weekly quest for Timeless Isle, see LFR to its conclusion once, and quit WoW til the expansion. This would be the first time I've EVER cancelled the account since 2005 for any lapse at all. The failures to capitalize on what I've seen as easy lay ups in the story have just sort of left me apathetic to pursuing it like I used to. And I'll be quite honest.....it makes me a little sad to not be more excited for a patch.

Hoping Blizzcon knocks my freakin' socks off, though.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2013-08-29 at 09:55 PM.

We Alliance players have been too greedy.
    We may have lost a lot, but the Horde has lost all that they stood for.

Camp Taurajo.

Pfffaaahahaa. I actually laughed there.

A lot.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    I would understand why we can't due to gameplay reasons if the opposite is true. Gameplay trumps lore and reason.
    Doesn't change the fact that 90% of the players telling the Alliance to shut upo, quit whining, be happy and they should indeed be jumping up in the air in joy at having to kill the Warchief would be complaining at least as much as Alliance players if the situations were reversed.

And as Alliance players do now, they'd have a point.

EJL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that 90% of the players telling the Alliance to shut upo, quit whining, be happy and they should indeed be jumping up in the air in joy at having to kill the Warchief would be complaining at least as much as Alliance players if the situations were reversed.

And as Alliance players do now, they'd have a point.

EJL
    That is a strictly hypothetical situation [seriously, how likely it is for Horde to suddenly have their content written as an afterthought now that the momentum of inspiration has only increased?]. hence it is hard to employ in an argument.

Though I do remember how - back in the days of Worgen 'no-mount' controversy - some of the vocal Hordies decided to counter the 'whining' with their BAWWWW-ing about how Tauren had no mounts and were forced to prance around for a good moment before they picked up the travelling speed -which still could be broken, forcing them to resume their warm up stroll.

Having arrived mid-TBC, I figured that this was a valid complaint as I came to believe that this was an issue back in Vanilla. But sometime later I found out that this initial Tauren 'no mount' controversy took place... in WoW beta, only to be fixed before the release due to complaints.

Deleted
    The statue of Lothar was built at the end of the second war to commeorate the alliance victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Psure a lot of Alliance fans will cry "Horde bias" at Orgrimmar getting so many makeovers while SW still has a smoking crater.
    Do the same with Menethil Harbor, Ironforge, Exodar. There are SO MANY ways to this right.