Deleted

An Idea For Heroic Primordius: Rogue Symbiosis

I personally have always enjoyed the idea of new and interesting strats, so when I can I try to make some myself. Things to understand: I don't play a rogue and I don't tank. The I came up with involves using the rogue symbiosis (growl) in order to tank the viscous horror adds which gives the rogue stacks of black blood. When the rogue gains 5/6/7 stacks, he can then let the offtank taunt and finish them off. In effect this means that the rogue has between 100-140k bonus nature dmg every single hit, meaning that if the rogue hits fast enough it might be possible when evolved to put out between 600-1million dps for the minute duration of the black blood again'st Primordius. The problem is this atm is a theory and it seems no one has tried or even though of this yet. I need to know firstly; whether anyone has already tried and failed/succeeded with this idea and secondly; whether there are any major loop holes that I have missed, since I haven't tested it myself as our raid are not far enough into TOT to content with heroic prim yet. Please respond i'm interested to understand whether this is possible.

you dont need growl to do that just attack it and done have the tank attack it, but how would you keep the rogue alive ? black blood hits hard

Pretty sure there's an ICD on it as when I did this on feral it certainly wasn't every hit.

Our blood DK tried dual wielding the fastest swing weapons he could find on progress.
    Then realised it proc'd from ability usage (death strike, heart strike etc) and not actual melee swings.

Growl doesn't work on raid bosses.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

in an 25 man environment those black bloods would insta gib you. i managed to "offtank" one with CD and evasion but its realy not worth it due to risk of dying. first hit it gave me was pretty much a death sentence CD saved my ass tho and after like 5 seconds with evasion the third tank taunted it from me
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Ok I think I need to explain what growl does to those who do not know. Growl increases the rogues armour by 330% and increases their stam by 30%. This is almost the equivilent of being a bear tank for 30 seconds giving the rogue enough time to get the black blood, from then on healers/the rogue can use their cooldowns on him in order to make sure he survives the 100k per 3 seconds dmg, And even if like Dracodraco say's it only works on special abilities it's still and 100k dps boost multiplied by crit/mastery/buffs etc... so it's more like 200k which is almost an extra player.

Deleted
    Why would you bother with this? Your tank would have gotten those stacks anyway and do that same damage to primordius, no? Only thing I can see you reach is giving healers a possible heart attack or having a rogue rank#1 with it on WoL. Doubt it will get you a lot of extra dps. Quite the opposite actually, while rogue is tanking, off-tank doesn't get vengeance from the damage he could be taken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Why would you bother with this? Your tank would have gotten those stacks anyway and do that same damage to primordius, no? Only thing I can see you reach is giving healers a possible heart attack or having a rogue rank#1 with it on WoL. Doubt it will get you a lot of extra dps. Quite the opposite actually, while rogue is tanking, off-tank doesn't get vengeance from the damage he could be taken.
    The idea is a rogues white attacks are so much faster than a tanks. OP didn't realise it only procs off special attacks but it's certainly a very valid idea.

Deleted
    Ok, Thanks for the response. I will be able to test this tonight and OFC I will reply to the thread with the answer. In the mean time, does anyone know whether this could proc of rogue poisons. Technicaly although they aren't part of GCD, but the game doesn't count them as white attacks. This could mean that instant/deadly could proc it, or is this wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Growl doesn't work on raid bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamajarzi View Post
    Ok, Thanks for the response. I will be able to test this tonight and OFC I will reply to the thread with the answer. In the mean time, does anyone know whether this could proc of rogue poisons. Technicaly although they aren't part of GCD, but the game doesn't count them as white attacks. This could mean that instant/deadly could proc it, or is this wishful thinking?
    Seems like everybody ignored that.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Seems like everybody ignored that.
    Viscious Horror isn't a raid boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Viscious Horror isn't a raid boss.
    Most important adds during encounters have that limitation too though.

Deleted
    With no Sotr up, no block and 65k armor this blood would melee me for 200k. I can guarantee the 6 digit number that will be on your rogue death log on the first crit he will eat.

If i'm not mistaken growl increases crit resist by 6% which makes em immune to crits?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    If i'm not mistaken growl increases crit resist by 6% which makes em immune to crits?
    It does, but it's still a pretty bad idea to bother with IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16