Thread: New Fan Set Up

New Fan Set Up

So currently I have a NZXT Source 210 case.

My fan set up:

2x120mm fans in front (intake)
    1x120mm fan on side panel (intake)
    1x120mm fan on rear (exhaust)

I just ordered:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835103052
    and
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811992005

I have two more spots on my case on the top for 2x120mm fans.

What my plan is:

Move the 2 blue LED fans from the front to the top on the case as exhausts. Put 2 of the new fans on the front as intakes. Change the rear exhaust to an intake.

So this is what it should be:

(Bottom left blue arrow is for PSU, where it has the fan aiming up into the case)

Does this make sense? Or should I keep the rear as exhaust as well?

While watching a YouTube build video, the guy mentioned how this would be optimal to minimize dust.

I don't have an overclocked system or anything, so my really only concern is keeping dust out while keeping it cool.

While typing this I took a screenshot of my SpeedFan program:

Any suggestions for fan setup?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would make the rear exhaust instead.

3x intake 3x exhaust.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Does the PSU really count as an intake since as soon as it comes out of the PSU it's probably hot air?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you run on dedicated graphics proccesor I would never recommend you place the fan up against the GPU.
    That hot air needs to get out of the case instead of warming the GPU.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

So I should flip the PSU over?

And keep the rear as exhaust?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend doing that, yes.
    Might I ask what CPU cooler you have?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Unless you run on dedicated graphics proccesor I would never recommend you place the fan up against the GPU.
    That hot air needs to get out of the case instead of warming the GPU.
    I thought typical PSU design always had it exhausting out the rear (with the actual fan on the top/bottom of the psu being an intake) so surely there wouldn't be an issue with it blowing warm air onto a gpu or have i missed something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Habbage View Post
    I thought typical PSU design always had it exhausting out the rear (with the actual fan on the top/bottom of the psu being an intake) so surely there wouldn't be an issue with it blowing warm air onto a gpu or have i missed something?
    They blow out the rear and from the top.
    Theres just no reason to place the PSU with the fan upwards, cases are designed for the PSU to blow the air from underneath, well unless you place your PC on a carpet which is beyond stupid.

I'll see about flipping the PSU, from what I recall, it was the only way my case let it go in.

Either that or because I routed my cables through the back of it and it was easier at the position it's in.

And the CPU Cooler is just the stock cpu heatsink/fan that came with the processor.

- - - Updated - - -

Bump for suggestions on air flow

Deleted
    seconded for the 3 intake 3 output setup by toffie.
    however might i ask why you are improving airflow while still using a stock cooler ? (or is this just for minor gpu temp drop?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphexy
    Bump for suggestions on air flow
    If you have ordered 4 new fans then personally Id keep the same setup you have at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphexy
    2x120mm fans in front (intake)
    1x120mm fan on side panel (intake)
    1x120mm fan on rear (exhaust)
    but add 2 120s on top in exhaust and a 3rd as intake on the base of the case (only if it is filtered), I believe the 210 has a 120mm mount there as well. That would give you 4 intake and 3 exhaust keeping positive pressure to help stop dust from settling in your case. However as shroudster said, if your running a stock cooler then your gains are going to be very minimal and probably not worth the price of more fans and a controller.

Well I'm not really doing it for temperature decreases.

More of a boredom thing and just less things I'll need to buy for a later set up.

And it would be stupid to add an intake fan on the bottom if it's not filtered? I guess I have to order some