Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having tested both the Heal Cleave trinket and the Heal Multistrike trinket, I can tell you that they are both extremely lackluster. I believe the Cleave trinket did something around .5% of my healing, even on fights with a lot of incoming damage. The Multistrike trinket was performing at the same level for me on the fights I tested it on, but I have not had a chance to test it again this build. Plan on trying tomorrow.

The amplification trinket does give you a bonus, but people are thinking it's adding 7% Haste/Mastery/Crit Healing on top of whatever you have. What it's actually doing is taking 7% of what you have and adding that on top... I don't quite know how to word it, but you don't end up with a full 7% more Haste/Mastery/Crit (i.e. you won't go from having 13% Mastery to having 20% with the trinket equipped). The Int proc seems to have about a 25% uptime, according to what I was seeing, but this is going to fluctuate because of the ICD.

The Spirit proc trinket is lackluster, and unless they buff the proc, it actually gives you less regen than HLG (even with the nerfs to HLG).

Right now I'm planning on sticking with HLG and picking up both the amplification trinket and the Spirit proc trinket.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Amp got nerfed (again) to 6%, but Spirit was added to the amplified stats.

I don't understand why they continue to give us shitty trinkets. Aside from HLG, T15 healer trinkets were awful, now all these T16 trinkets look to be underwhelming as well. Trinkets are one of the few places where blizz can actually do something interesting with gear, but instead they just put out a handful of trinkets that make everyone say "meh".
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post

The amplification trinket does give you a bonus, but people are thinking it's adding 7% Haste/Mastery/Crit Healing on top of whatever you have. What it's actually doing is taking 7% of what you have and adding that on top... I don't quite know how to word it, but you don't end up with a full 7% more Haste/Mastery/Crit (i.e. you won't go from having 13% Mastery to having 20% with the trinket equipped). The Int proc seems to have about a 25% uptime, according to what I was seeing, but this is going to fluctuate because of the ICD.

So basically if you had 5000 Crit + 5000 Mastery + 5000 Haste then the trinket would proc and give you 350 of each of those stats, correct? Pretty underwhelming if so.

*Edit*
    I guess it was changed to 6% amp with Spirit now added to the mix...

So if you were running 5000 Crit + 5000 Mastery + 5000 Haste + 10000 Spirit (numbers chosen solely for easy math) you would end up with a proc that gives you 300 Crit/300 Mastery/300 Haste/ and 600 Spirit. Take into account the 25% uptime you're seeing and we can look at it as an overall average of +75 Crit/Mastery/Haste and +150 Spirit (with the stat values I chose). Booooo.
    Last edited by fixall; 2013-08-19 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fixall View Post
    So basically if you had 5000 Crit + 5000 Mastery + 5000 Haste then the trinket would proc and give you 350 of each of those stats, correct? Pretty underwhelming if so.

*Edit*
    I guess it was changed to 6% amp with Spirit now added to the mix...

So if you were running 5000 Crit + 5000 Mastery + 5000 Haste + 10000 Spirit (numbers chosen solely for easy math) you would end up with a proc that gives you 300 Crit/300 Mastery/300 Haste/ and 600 Spirit. Take into account the 25% uptime you're seeing and we can look at it as an overall average of +75 Crit/Mastery/Haste and +150 Spirit (with the stat values I chose). Booooo.
    The amp is permanent, the 25% uptime is for the int proc. You also don't get 6% of your crit, you get 6% more crit damage / healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    The amp is permanent, the 25% uptime is for the int proc. You also don't get 6% of your crit, you get 6% more crit damage / healing.
    Yeah, I phrased my post badly, I think. It's like, Critical damage and healing, not actual crit (although it appears to change my Crit numbers in my character sheet). The Amplification part is permanent, yes. So you'd permanently have 300 Crit/300Mastery/300 haste/600 Spirit as long as it was equipped.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Yeah, I phrased my post badly, I think. It's like, Critical damage and healing, not actual crit (although it appears to change my Crit numbers in my character sheet). The Amplification part is permanent, yes. So you'd permanently have 300 Crit/300Mastery/300 haste/600 Spirit as long as it was equipped.
    Again, the value of this trinket will increase as your stats grow. So, it might not be that great a trinket for someone in ilvl 500, but someone in 570 will probably make amazing use of it. I'm conflicted on my thoughts about it tbh. I like the idea of having %-based trinkets, but now I realise it just means that people with a low iLvl get a watered-down version of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Again, the value of this trinket will increase as your stats grow. So, it might not be that great a trinket for someone in ilvl 500, but someone in 570 will probably make amazing use of it. I'm conflicted on my thoughts about it tbh. I like the idea of having %-based trinkets, but now I realise it just means that people with a low iLvl get a watered-down version of it.
    Ya, but the problem with amp trinkets as a disc priest, is that we don't pour all our eggs in to one basket, so it just doesn't seem to add awhile lot overall. With most DPS classes and whatnot, they usually stack a certain stat, so amping a huge number, like ret paladins with like 20k mastery, makes it pretty attractive.

However, since I plan on keeping a somewhat relative balance between crit and mastery and having as little haste as possible, the amp trinkets at this low of a percentage increase, are just....meh. Should the int/crit proc trinket actually exist, I'll probably just snag that up and then keep my H HLG.

Ahhh, gotcha. I hadn't actually looked at the trinkets yet as I was trying to avoid getting all worked up with the constant changes on ptr (still couldn't resist poking my nose in this thread, lol).

I was almost considering using a DPS trinket instead of a healer trinket in SoO, but after looking at the available DPS trinkets.. nope. You pretty much have to choose between well designed low-iLvl trinkets, and badly designed high-iLvl trinkets.

Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity will probably end up being mathematically superior to Horridon's Last Gasp, simply because it has a higher item budget.

Prismatic Prison of Pride is just.. irritating. It's essentially Ghost Iron Dragonling 2.0 with 600 Haste/Mastery/Spirit socketed (and unremovable) with a high Intellect proc tacked on, with some bonus overhealing thrown in every time you Crit. Yet somehow this is our best option, because the other trinkets are amazingly worse than this. I guess mediocre with a dash of overhealing is better than 95% overhealing, right?

To be completely honest I almost think the Spirits of War you get from disenchanting most of these healer trinkets would be more beneficial for progression than the actual trinkets themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity will probably end up being mathematically superior to Horridon's Last Gasp, simply because it has a higher item budget.
    This, really. I feel like the spirit effect on HLG is overkill after a few stacks. Not that it's a bad thing to ever have more spirit, but I'd just rather have the budget used elsewhere. As for DSoD, it may offer less regeneration, but it gives more throughput.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2013-08-20 at 11:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    Yes, DSoD is superior to Horridons, as is the int + spirit on-use trinket (heroic Horridons equals the same average spirit at 23% haste, and int is lower).

Re-posting what I put on HowToPriest, which looks only at regen:

A quick look at regen trinkets for 5.4

Normal Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity

As far as I understand it, this gives diminishing spirit over 10 secs, changing every 0.5 secs: 1175*20, 1175*19, 1175*18,... , 1175*2, 1175. Over the 10 sec proc, the average spirit is 12337.5 (1175*210/20). Average spirit per min is 1891.75 with 0 haste (12337.5*0.92rppm/6).

Int: 1959
    Spi: 1891.75*(1+ haste%/100)

Normal Int Spirit Trinket

Int: 1959
    Spi: 1632.17 (9793/6)

Normal Prismatic Prison of Pride

Gives 6% spirit, in addition to other secondary stats, so for example 600 spirit for a healer with 10k spirit, or 720 spirit with 12k spirit. Intellect proc should average ~1960 int (11759/6 assuming it procs once every 2 mins, icd is 115 secs).

Heroic Horridon's Last Gasp

rppm has been reduced from 1.05 to 0.96. Average spirit per min is now 1325.42 with 0 haste (9350mp5*0.96rppm/(12*0.56435))

Int: 1657
    Spi: 1325.42*(1 + haste%/100)

Quote Originally Posted by Callu View Post
    Yes, DSoD is superior to Horridons, as is the int + spirit on-use trinket (heroic Horridons equals the same average spirit at 23% haste, and int is lower).
    RPPM trinkets are no longer affected by haste.

Trinket, enchant, set bonus, and legendary meta-gem effects whose triggered effect benefits from haste no longer also have their chance to trigger the benefit from haste. Activation chances and internal cooldowns for those effects and other trinket effects have been adjusted to compensate and will now be displayed on their tooltip.
    Also the int+ spirit on-use is nowhere to be found on loot tables, so it appears it may have been removed.

Math is still helpful though, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    Only the double dipping ones, T15 RPPM healing trinkets and DSoD remain affected by haste as before.

Wondered what the story was with the int+spi on-use trink, thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post

Also the int+ spirit on-use is nowhere to be found on loot tables, so it appears it may have been removed.

Math is still helpful though, thanks.
    Int + spirit on use is purchased on the Timeless Isle for 50,000 Timeless Coins.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/103988-co...tion-of-chi-ji
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    So ignore int + spirit use trink sums

Contemplation of Chi-Ji gives

Intellect: 1657
    Spirit: 1380

...so heroic Horridons Last Gasp is better for regen

Quote Originally Posted by Callu View Post
    Only the double dipping ones, T15 RPPM healing trinkets and DSoD remain affected by haste as before.
    Ah, makes sense. Tooltips still include + haste as well, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Int + spirit on use is purchased on the Timeless Isle for 50,000 Timeless Coins.

Timeless Trinket link
    The math Callu posted was for the one that used to be in boss loot, not the timeless one.

In my opinion, int proc trinkets are not very useful outside of farm content smite spam, unless it has a short icd and constant uptime like Qin-xi (a really good and underrated trinket).

On a side note, this thread needs more math / spreadsheets!

Having tested both the Heal Cleave trinket and the Heal Multistrike trinket, I can tell you that they are both extremely lackluster. I believe the Cleave trinket did something around .5% of my healing, even on fights with a lot of incoming damage.
    Not sure when you last tested these but the Cleave trinket has consistently been doing 10-12% of my healing as Holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/103988-co...tion-of-chi-ji

Ooo, thats where the crit trinket comes from too, sweet! Too bad it doesnt have as big as proc as datamined before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CharityDKT View Post
    Not sure when you last tested these but the Cleave trinket has consistently been doing 10-12% of my healing as Holy.
    Really? I've never seen it over 1% for me. Multistrike finally broke 2% today during Immerseus testing (it was proccing more than I remember).
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama