Deleted

Choosing an Ultrabook.

Hi,

I'm looking to get an Ultrabook for University. After doing a bit of research I've narrowed it down to these 6. Seeing as I already have a powerful Desktop that I use for gaming, I only need the Ultrabook for browsing/writing papers etc. Anyways, these are the Ultrabooks I narrowed it down to. I'm having a hard time deciding between them though, therefore I turned to mmo-champ to hopefully give me some useful input

So, if you have any opinions about these Ultrabooks and if you have suggestions for other Ultrabooks in the same pricerange and size (~700USD ~13"), feel free to share them.

1) Acer Aspire S3-371
    2) Lenovo IdeaPad S300
    3) Sony VAIO Fit14
    4) Toshiba Satellite P845T-10G
    5) ASUS VivoBook S300-C1004H4
    6) Lenovo IdeaPad U310 4375

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I'm from Denmark, which is why the prices might be on the higher end of the scale compared to prices from other parts of the world.
    Last edited by mmoc91a8dbad84; 2013-08-18 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    best way to pick one is to look which has all three of the following.
    the best screen. (1080p IPS would be the best option, however those are only present at the +-900 dollar pricemark)
    the best battery life (aka review comparing)
    cpu/storage. (i3/i5 and HDD + caching or a dedicated SSD?)
    this perhaps? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834300026 ( it ain't anything special but should get the job done)
    then again for an ultrabook with some decent hardware/lifetime expectancy the budget is kinda on the low side. (unless you don't mind no sdd/average battery life/crappy screen quality)
    Also if just for papers how about a the new nexus 7 (2013) with a keyboard if mostly used for taking notes/writing papers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    best way to pick one is to look which has all three of the following.
    the best screen. (1080p IPS would be the best option, however those are only present at the +-900 dollar pricemark)
    the best battery life (aka review comparing)
    cpu/storage. (i3/i5 and HDD + caching or a dedicated SSD?)
    this perhaps? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834300026 ( it ain't anything special but should get the job done)
    then again for an ultrabook with some decent hardware/lifetime expectancy the budget is kinda on the low side. (unless you don't mind no sdd/average battery life/crappy screen quality)
    Also if just for papers how about a the new nexus 7 (2013) with a keyboard if mostly used for taking notes/writing papers?
    Thank you for your input, I can see that my budget is on the lowside, so I won't be getting a good screen, SSD and so on unless I put some more money in the budget. Regarding the Nexus 7 I just generally dislike Tablets, I don't see them being as useful as a laptop.
    Would you recommend looking at a non Ultrabook laptop instead? Would that give more better bang for the buck?