Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    Lol the people who think TBC was the best needs to take of their nostalgia glasses, including the OP.
    MoP shits all over TBC when it comes to quality, in all areas.
    There has been so many polls on this, and each one TBC wins, do another if anyone else would like. Everyone has their own opinion, but there is a majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by queberts View Post
    There has been so many polls on this, and each one TBC wins, do another if anyone else would like. Everyone has their own opinion, but there is a majority.
    Now, you just have to prove that people answering that poll are forming a representative sample of WoW population. GL with that.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Now, you just have to prove that people answering that poll are forming a representative sample of WoW population. GL with that.
    Not on the whole wow pop, but at least these boards. So sick of seeing "Lol nope >this xpac< was better than >that xpac< each and every other post and their own reasoning to it. EVERYONE has their own damn opinions, no one is right. People get so angsty over this topic its nuts.

They've made several good expansions, Cataclysm was a low point but still better than Vanilla

Every expansion has been good.

Let me offer up some food for thought.

Let's say you have a T.V. series you follow. You walk into it blind and watch two full seasons thinking it's the best show ever.

Now you're caught up with the show and you're stuck waiting for the new episode. During this time you start discussing the show with others and hearing their opinions on things

I'm not done. Imagine that part of the episode is leaked every week before the episode has a chance to release and these leaks are also being discussed before the new episode date.

Now the episode finally releases with you already knowing most of what is going to happen and having discussed the possibilities with others.

Do you enjoy the show as much as you did during the first two seasons? Probably not. You already saw a good chunk of it and have discussed (and probably hyped and/or guessed) the rest of the episode. The element of surprise and wondering what direction it will take is gone.

Most of you can see what I'm getting at and I'm positive I'm not the first to say this. Patch 5.4 will be released soon but a good number of us already know every detail about it. Why would we enjoy something that we've already discussed to death? Normally, Blizzard releases content and we're left to explore it until they can release a new patch. Now, we've already explored the entire patch before it has been released.

I'm not saying that this is the only reason WoW isn't as stimulating as it was before and obviously Blizzard has made it so we can experience what's in the game a lot easier. All I want is for you to apply what I posted above to WoW and honestly think "Is it any surprise that people are leaving?"

TL;DR-We already know what's in the game before it's released taking any excitement about discovering it for ourselves away. It's also discussed to death leaving us with nearly nothing until the new patch. This is something that isn't exclusive to WoW and has happened to several things and has only been enlarged due to the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardnonentertainment View Post
    The majority of people who played since tbc or earlier agree that TBC was the golden era of WoW. Do you still think blizzard can make The Dark Below atleast nearly as good as TBC?
    MoP is at least as good as TBC, maybe even better in terms of the quality of the raids.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardnonentertainment View Post
    The majority of people who played since tbc or earlier agree that TBC was the golden era of WoW. Do you still think blizzard can make The Dark Below atleast nearly as good as TBC? Since Wotlk the number of subscribers is in steady decline. This is due to many reasons but one of them if not the most important is that the game simply keeps getting worse.

The sub numbers are already at quite a very low point. Now if TDB will be similarly bad to MOP it might be the downfall of WoW forever.

So do you think Blizzard will do their best this time and make and awesome expansion to try to raise the subs number as much as possible? Or do they just dont care anymore and are happy with current number of subs ?
    "Opinions", and a very biased rant.
    Why do I think that you are simply posting this on a new account, rather than your main one.
    You do not speak for everyone, with the majority of noise coming from a small number of players.
    Those happy generally do not complain, those with unfounded and biased views make the most noise.

Quote Originally Posted by queberts View Post
    And people keep insisting that LFR killed the game yet the polls for that say otherwise each and every time.
    Can the results of the polls be taken seriously ?
    People happy about the game will get sick fed up of voting, those with a bias will more readily vote to get their point across, however many times it is debunked or proven wrong.
    Polls are useless as meaningful evidence.

Also I have seen polls that disagree with your stated result.
    It is certainly not "each one".
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-08-19 at 12:27 AM.

Sure!

An expansion worth nearly 500 dollars? No, not really.

edit:

alright, 400 dollars, still no.

Do I think Blizzard is capable of making a good expansion? Of course! They're already made 4 good ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    What do you like more. The Pandaland with the fatass pandas or the Asia-Bullshit all over the place? Or was it the 24/7 Daily-Quest Grind, maybe the Farmville Zone or the fact that you don't have to do anything for your wellfare-epics?
    Welfare epics, the term coined in BC?

why so mad
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Welfare epics, the term coined in BC?

why so mad
    coined to refer to Arena epics, something you could get just by cruising in an arena pug a few times a week.

Not sure about the majority the OP is talking about. Started playing about a month after official release of WoW vanilla. Personally there were things I loved about BC and things I hated about it. Wrath seemed to have the best formula and a better mix of content, better quests etc... to me. Nothing tops the epic feeling of going through the dark portal for the first time in BC, but that aside Wrath was better were it counts, gameplay.

Honestly my expectations are extremely low at this point. After Cat and MoP, they probably couldn't do much worse in my eyes. However if they go with an underwater centric theme, that will probably do it. While I loved Vashjir, 1 zone is more than enough for that kind of experience and so shortly after Cat I'm not even sure we need another underwater zone so soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    coined to refer to Arena epics, something you could get just by cruising in an arena pug a few times a week.
    And you didn't even have to win a single game. Funny thing.
    Make a team, derp around 10 games, wait until reset.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    And you didn't even have to win a single game. Funny thing.
    Make a team, derp around 10 games, wait until reset.
    Yep, it's crazy that people even raided with how easy it was to get comparable loot from arenas. I guess players were after something other than loot in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Yep, it's crazy that people even raided with how easy it was to get comparable loot from arenas. I guess players were after something other than loot in there.
    The loot you got from raids was better for dps than pvp loot.
    Last edited by zephid; 2013-08-19 at 12:45 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    While we all can agree WoW has flaws in its current model, I feel that every end-game experience they've released has been enjoyable. The player base has changed over the years, through each expansion since Vanilla. People have different tastes and they leave the game for many reasons.

We know MoP isn't their best theme, but it was an upgrade over Cataclysm. Even though a majority of people think the game is dying, it needs time to mend and heal. I feel the next expansion needs to bring something big to the table, that will hype individuals to come back and want to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Mists has been great. Do they have the capability of making a better one? Well yes. Just as everyone has within themselves capability to be a mass murderer.

What's your point?
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    Lol the people who think TBC was the best needs to take of their nostalgia glasses, including the OP.
    MoP shits all over TBC when it comes to quality, in all areas.
    Except PvP where it's almost as bad as Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

MoP is the best expansion since TBC. WotLK brought most of the destructive changes to the game, Cata was just badly done, I guess because of the revamping of zones.

Virtual Realms should be here shortly, so if Blizzard introduces phased player housing and new character models in the next expansion, most people should be happy. My preference would be also for LFR to be for previous-patch content only, but I don't see that happening. I also hope the raids keep being as good as tier 14 and 15.