Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    Literally within two minutes of posting that, my entire point is already being completely ignored.
    You expect people to actually read a post through their rose-tinted glasses? The chance of that happening is low, unfortunately.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I think good is to hard to say now days. I think its more not enjoying wow as much as you used to. I've come to see that now that I re-subbed for I think it was my 3rd time inn MOP - After 1 hardcore nerd grind weekend, I kinda feel like I've done quit a few things already, and I found myself iddling inn Stormwind for just a slight few minutes yesterday, opening my achivement tab, thinking wtf shall I do....

Ah yes, opening the achivement tab being bored, how many times haven't I done that before!
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I can't believe what I just read. Opinion wise ... if you feel TBC was the best so be it, but "the Majority" of players should speak for themselves. Having been one of the people who has played since classic I can say I strongly disagree with your opinion. TBC was not the golden era, far from it both in my view and based on sub levels. Wrath had the most subs and it started to fall after that. Yes they can still make good games, while I disliked TBC and liked Cata even less, I still played and enjoyed the game for what it was. Each expansion had something good about it, but I have found I enjoyed Wrath the most.

Honestly, I would say the key reason I enjoyed it so much is it had more choice on where to go to level, both with starting zones and the freedom to quest as I liked without being put on a track that tells me where I have to go and when. Having 10 levels made it easier to work with that as well. Cata and Mop (Mostly cata) Kinda killed leveling for me with having fewer but larger zones, and only 5 levels which seemed to drag on for ever just to hit max.

I wouldn't say the game is getting worse, as it is getting older and people change (or refuse to adapt to change) and so move on to things that suit their tastes. A good example being the "hardcore" crowd. A 'decent sized portion' refuse to adapt to how the game is now and throw epic sized tantrums on how the game is shit now and was better when they were the only ones seeing content and the 1% should be bowed down too and revered with their 'epic lootz'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    Do I think Blizzard is capable of.. what?

TBC was a good expansion, WotLK was a good expansion, MoP was a good expansion for the time I played it.

Out of 4 expansions, only one has been terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Interestingly, many forum people dont play anymore. They just lurk forums. I dont play wow for quite a while, but still check Mmo champ every day. What a paradox - forum itself is more amusing than the game it is about.

- - - Updated - - -

You are right about quality, but thats not what these people are after. They want a game to be dificult for everyone which brings them enjoyment. Easy stuff is not for them.
    It's funny, whenever I get free game time in WoW, I end up just talking about the game on the official forums. It's sort of why I signed up here, the game is just not for me now.

It is hilarious how often people mock nostalgia when defending new WoW, since I can't think of any other reason to go back to playing it at all. Nostalgia is a valid reason to like something and there's plenty of evidence to indicate that all personal preference is nostalgia. Read "The Language of Thought Hypothesis", shoot for number 3, if you don't know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardnonentertainment View Post
    The majority of people who played since tbc or earlier agree that TBC was the golden era of WoW. Do you still think blizzard can make The Dark Below atleast nearly as good as TBC? Since Wotlk the number of subscribers is in steady decline. This is due to many reasons but one of them if not the most important is that the game simply keeps getting worse.

The sub numbers are already at quite a very low point. Now if TDB will be similarly bad to MOP it might be the downfall of WoW forever.

So do you think Blizzard will do their best this time and make and awesome expansion to try to raise the subs number as much as possible? Or do they just dont care anymore and are happy with current number of subs ?
    Blizzard is more than capable of making a good expansion. They have the technology to solve many of the major flaws this game has, and the talent to develop something people can truly enjoy.

However, Blizzard is hindered by the following:

- disinterest in creating a quality pvp environment, especially with regard to low level pvp.
    - over saturation of meaningless/disposable content, such as quests, scenarios, dungeons, and raids.
    - inability to find the 'sweet spot' when it comes to class design and function.
    - general confusion when it comes to taking the game in a good direction.

Things they've done well:

- Lore and creative design of the game.
    - World and character art.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    I never cared at all about your "top 10 worldwide kill" or about the fancy gear you had in this time either (or about your "special snowflake"'s "bragging rights", thanks for making me laugh), I don't really see any difference now. Except the fact that casual people can now have fun in different places instead of staying in the same raid for a whole year seeing less than 10% of available raid content, which was definitely the worst part of TBC.

I guess it's their new way of having "special snowflake"'s "bragging rights", they clearly know what's best for you, you missed the whole fun of the game by not wiping for months against the same few bosses.
    Have fun in different places, good one. LFR is basically a training dummy with a different skin applied. Back in the day you had threads on realm forums where people would post their progress. Even if that progress was far behind others, you had people posting about their boss kills with a sense of pride.

And good for you, you are too cool to care, but in the raiding community there was a lot of competition among realms for first kills. That's gone now aswell. Like it or not, but the raiding community in Wow got gutted in favour of people like yourself that 'have fun' in LFR. And I'd argue that the people wiping in Karazhan had more fun than the people collecting epics in LFR while being on /follow.

Either way, the next expansion will not go back to the hardcore TBC style of Wow, Blizzard has been steering away from that since early Wotlk. The current playerbase would not like it, they have been spoonfed for too long.
    Last edited by Farora; 2013-08-19 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The majority of people who played since tbc or earlier agree that TBC was the golden era of WoW. Do you still think blizzard can make The Dark Below atleast nearly as good as TBC? Since Wotlk the number of subscribers is in steady decline. This is due to many reasons but one of them if not the most important is that the game simply keeps getting worse.

The sub numbers are already at quite a very low point. Now if TDB will be similarly bad to MOP it might be the downfall of WoW forever.

So do you think Blizzard will do their best this time and make and awesome expansion to try to raise the subs number as much as possible? Or do they just dont care anymore and are happy with current number of subs ?
    I freaking loved Wrath, as well as TBC and Mists.. Cata is the blacksheep in execution. And vanilla is just you being a boss for surviving 6 murlocs. If this "The Dark Below" project is real, I'll use my common sense...

... No judgement until I can try the content myself. If the trailer is good, that is enough bait for me to jump in and try.. And I never care about other's opinion of what/how I wish to play it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Biggest flaw in mop was the asian theme which western players didnt enjoy. The implementation of a panda race was a terrible idea. Other than that, mop was great.
    I'm a western player and I loved the Asian theme. I also like the Pandaren as a race and a culture. You should put IMO or something of that extent before statements like those otherwise people will assume you're pushing your opinions as fact, which a lot of times will prevent people from taking you seriously.

Here's a compilation of polls for those who like to argue about popularity. I was curious what polls in general had to say on this topic in these forums.

No I don't think this is proof of anything, just interesting.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.php...do=showresults

and here's some from before Pandaria.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...expansion+poll

I'm sure there's more, but it's too tedious to compile and none of this is scientific enough to improve from the rigor. From these though, it's interesting to see that BC was on top till Pandaria was released, and afterward WotLK is the new leader. So if we ignore Cataclysm, since everyone seems to hate it, it really does look like the expansion before the current one is the most popular. I'd like to see if this holds true after "Dawn of the Beavermen" or whatever is released.

Deleted
    You forget to take into consideration that wotlk was the most played xpack

The majority of people who played since tbc or earlier agree that TBC was the golden era of WoW.
    Source...?

Let me guess. No source. Uninformed guess at best.

If you go by the numbers though, Wrath was the golden era of wow. Highest number of subs, highest sub growth, most activity across all servers, etc. These are things you can actually check on out on your own if you wish to. Then do we classify Wrath as the "golden age"?

I've played in during both BC and Wrath, and the game right now is better than it was during both those expansions. What you have is nostalgia and rose-colored glasses. You need to lose both and see the game for what it was then and it what it is now, which is a significantly improved version of what it was in the past.

Deleted
    Wow is at its best shape, best features, best design. If game were rerolled to TBC, everyone would quit except the die hard tbc nostalgiaglasses, and even they probably would quit later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Wow is at its best shape, best features, best design. If game were rerolled to TBC, everyone would quit except the die hard tbc nostalgiaglasses, and even they probably would quit later.
    ^ What he said.

Contribute when posting, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-08-19 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    this is for all those who say that MOP is the best xpac:
    Let me help you out here. If someone says mop is the best expansion, all it means is that they've enjoyed it more than the previous expansions. It's not a statement of absolute fact. There's no need to write a tome telling people why they're wrong, because they aren't wrong. No more than you would be wrong if you think some other expansion was the best one.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Deleted
    totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I'd like to see if this holds true after "Dawn of the Beavermen" or whatever is released.
    Dawn of the Beavermen sounds like an episode of Dr. Who.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Haha, fanboyism how does it work?

So would you argue pvp is in it's best shape, have you read about baseline resilience of nearing 80%? Best! Pve in it's best shape with soon 3 different lockouts again.

Deleted
    ^ this. I played WoW since day one and raided during Vanilla and TBC. It was fun, yes - but so much worse than what we have nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post

So would you argue pvp is in it's best shape, have you read about baseline resilience of nearing 80%? Best!
    Because PvP in Classic, BC, Wrath and Cata was perfect and skill-based right?

Remember 1-shot macros and pve-heroes rolling people in pvp in classic? CCs with no DR and rogues with minimal gear and skill destroying everything?

Remember resto druids, warriors, rogues and locks in BC? How long did that go on for? The entire damn expansion...

Remember how "skillful" the game got with Wrath with the return of the "skillful" 1-shotters?

Remember mages and rogues in Cata? Remember first pvp season of Cata? How "skillful" was that?

It's like you never played during those expansions or chose to forget them. Either way you sound like you have zero idea what you're talking about.